Author Topic: [Game] Six Years of Total Miner!  (Read 2672 times)

casual onion

• Legendary Member
  • Part time onion, Part time Michael Buble fan
  • Awards 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
    • Awards
  • Xbox: casual onion
[Game] Six Years of Total Miner!
« on: June 24, 2017, 06:45:02 PM »
Hello,

Today is the sixth year anniversary of TM being released. Without it, I would need never have discovered the joys of sandstone and sand brick.

Um, share your memories here!
/onion Inspirational Quotes /onion

casual onion [23|Mar 09:59 PM]:   If you don't succeed, try, try and give up.

PWRBTTN [31|Mar 01:14 AM]:   It's okay, not all of us can be comedy geniuses like Casual Opinion.

Trub's Unisex Holiday Name [12|Nov 07:28 PM]:
You look like Casual Onion.

Jim 💠

• Jr. Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners I shot the sherriff 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: vJamie xD
  • Steam: Jimalene
Re: Six Years of Total Miner!
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2017, 08:03:42 PM »
Six years? It's been that long? Wow. So glad I discovered this game, because if I didn't, I would have never have discovered this community!

3rd in the world to unlock Demigods
Jr Moderator given on January 2nd 2017
YouTube: Jimalene
bob [31|Dec 12:56 PM]: Howdy Jimster

/harry        /snail         /waynesworld

Platinum Dryym

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: dryym
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2017, 08:17:57 PM »
I think the most prominent memories I have are of glitches I found. The two that come to mind for me are the one where I was able to glitch skeleton keys in 2.0 and steal from random people (Hence my self proclaimed title of the master thief.) And the one where I was able to give myself admin on any map by manipulating scripts in 2.1.

I think I was the first one to find that bug, But somebody else must have had the same idea because a week or so after I told Craig about it, It was becoming a problem.

As with many of my great ideas, That one came to me as I was falling asleep. I thought to myself that I should try looking at the NPCSpawn block's talk scripts and seeing if I could edit scripts in the map through the interface. Sure enough, The next day when I tried it the process worked and I told Craig. Fun times.
It used to be that if a random joined your game and noclipped around they knew a glitch that you don't. Not it just means they have an RGH.

I did also pull off a heist on someone's map, That led to me being given control over the thieves' guild in the map that would serve as inspiration to my medieval project that never got completed.

Creator of the term "Deathmine "
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym

TM Charles

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15
    • View Profile
    • ::)
    • Awards
  • Xbox: ETTP & Mr Zincy
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2017, 10:23:44 PM »
6 years is a long time. I have had many great memories and have met many people some that are still my friends some that dislike me or want me 6 feet under. Besides the drama that seems to stir up every so often I see this community as a family sure some of us don't talk to each other but in one way or another we are all here for each other and Total Miner. Not recently but back when I had time to play my main goal was scripting it was a core part in most my maps. Without Total Miner I wouldn't be as creative as I am now. Without Total miner I wouldn't have gotten some of the opportunities that I have gotten.

I've played the game since I was a child and now that I'm nearly 18 is crazy. I don't think any game has affected me in any other way and i'm very thankful for that. This game and community really showed me the way to grow up and be mature and its amazing.

Some of my best memories... well I have many but here are some.

All my skill maps. Some people look down on them but I pushed them to limits on the ways to level up making it so they play could just level up as fast as possible.

Making videos on Total Miner with Jesse the late nights and the grind of just having fun.

Getting my ideas in a game I played. Not to sound like an ego maniac but I have quite a few ideas in the game and knowing that in one way or another I've helped form the game I love is great.

Playing Jeff McNewmens impossible quiz and making a room for one of them. Was super fun and hop to see more maps that are that engaging and that teach you something.

Dev streams, it was always fun being able to just talk with Craig and people and watching the game take shape and providing opinions maybe we can see more dev streams soon :).

These are just some of the many memories that I have formed over the years and I really hope on Pc we can come back together and have fun on TM again.

This is more than a game for me its really a part of my life I've always said this as long as TM is around I will be to.

Dig DEEP!

Atlas Telamon

• Extreme Member
  • Atlas Telamon
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts Former MotM winners Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: atlh3
  • Steam: The_Green_Condom
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2017, 10:45:31 PM »
More like six years of copying more successful games.

I kid, this game is the best. Looking forward to another 6 years

Miner of the Month for January 2014
But you can call me the salaminizer!
#BanAtlas

KeefdaQueef

• I am a teen and legally depressed
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Keefer511
  • Steam: Keit511
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2017, 12:47:22 AM »
This game is my life, It is getting to the point where I grew up with this, Looking back when it came out, So much has changed in the span of ~5.3 years of updates. Heres to the 6th Anniversary of Total Miner!
Keep Calm n' Keep Er' Goin!

mm2woodman

• Elite Member
  • yo, woodman here
  • Awards 1 year on site+100 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2017, 03:34:01 AM »
hooray, 6 years of ice ring.
ROTM of December 24th, 1988.mid
nice

Jim 💠

• Jr. Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners I shot the sherriff 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: vJamie xD
  • Steam: Jimalene
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2017, 04:07:38 AM »
sings happy birthday

3rd in the world to unlock Demigods
Jr Moderator given on January 2nd 2017
YouTube: Jimalene
bob [31|Dec 12:56 PM]: Howdy Jimster

/harry        /snail         /waynesworld

Platinum Dryym

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2017, 08:51:02 AM »
Getting my ideas in a game I played. Not to sound like an ego maniac but I have quite a few ideas in the game and knowing that in one way or another I've helped form the game I love is great.

Playing Jeff McNewmens impossible quiz and making a room for one of them. Was super fun and hop to see more maps that are that engaging and that teach you something.

Well, If we're stroking our egos, I may as well do the childish thing and 1-Up you.

The reason you got it was for your community participation on the forum, particularly regarding scripts and suggestions to improve them, but other subjects too. The game is better now because of it.

Whether you like the avatar or not doesn't bother me or stop me from awarding it, don't wear it if you don't like it.

I got the cheaty robot largely due to the ideas that I got into the game. In addition to my normal complex scripts.

I also built the credits room for one of the IQ maps. It was a massive room over an abyss with multiple floors. So :P

Alright, That's enough talking about myself and my achievements.

casual onion

• Legendary Member
  • Part time onion, Part time Michael Buble fan
  • Awards 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
    • Awards
  • Xbox: casual onion
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2017, 11:04:34 AM »
Six years sure is a long time. I'd just finished my GCSE's aged 15 when I started building awful cities and follow the line challenge maps. Now, nearly 20 and having just graduated from university I'm building moderately better city maps.

It's crazy to think that this is a game that most of us have grown up with.
/onion Inspirational Quotes /onion

casual onion [23|Mar 09:59 PM]:   If you don't succeed, try, try and give up.

PWRBTTN [31|Mar 01:14 AM]:   It's okay, not all of us can be comedy geniuses like Casual Opinion.

Trub's Unisex Holiday Name [12|Nov 07:28 PM]:
You look like Casual Onion.

bob

• Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • Awards Award for outstanding excellence in the field of bob 4 years on site+1000 posts 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2017, 01:17:55 PM »
So that means I've been doing basically the same exact thing every day for 6 straight years. I'm not sure if that's impressive or sad. I'll go with impressive since it makes me feel better.

Platinum Dryym

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2017, 01:28:41 PM »
So that means I've been doing basically the same exact thing every day for 6 straight years. I'm not sure if that's impressive or sad. I'll go with impressive since it makes me feel better.

Do you even have a money making job? All I ever hear about you (From you) is that you watch Netflix and are too lazy to talk to people on the forums.

bob

• Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • Awards Award for outstanding excellence in the field of bob 4 years on site+1000 posts 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2017, 01:33:41 PM »

Do you even have a money making job? All I ever hear about you (From you) is that you watch Netflix and are too lazy to talk to people on the forums.
Of course. I tried to survive on my looks and charm at one point, but I was homeless a week later.

KeefdaQueef

• I am a teen and legally depressed
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Keefer511
  • Steam: Keit511
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2017, 06:40:41 PM »
 I just found my old 2007 Xbox with TM on it with version 1.7 on it!  ^-^

Keep Calm n' Keep Er' Goin!

TM Charles

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15
    • View Profile
    • ::)
    • Awards
  • Xbox: ETTP & Mr Zincy
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2017, 09:58:58 PM »
I just found my old 2007 Xbox with TM on it with version 1.7 on it!  ^-^
Truly help you are joking.

Of course. I tried to survive on my looks and charm at one point, but I was homeless a week later.

I think you should give it another avocado. If you try hard enough think big enough all your dreams can come true.