• View Profile
    • Master Work Build Team
    • Awards
  • Xbox: TM Kawika
  • Steam: poltergeist10
8bit
« on: November 28, 2016, 12:03:29 AM »
8bit
*8bit is a new and hopeful build team. We're all around and plan to have members in the fields of building, scripting and tera-forming, and, with a pinch of dedication and the will to learn, members will be able to do all three. We would like to have multiple maps under different members names hosting. We want our name to get out there to not just the forum community, but the in-game community. Most of all, I want there to be a mutual respect between all members of the community.

Requirements
*Must be 15+
*Must have a map or be in the process of making a map to host.
*Must have adequate skill in at least one of the three types of creating OR be willing to learn one.

Application Template
*Preferred position (builder scripter or teraformer):
*Do you have a mic?:
*Will you be getting the PC version?:
*What is your best map type (RPG, Deathmatch, etc):
*Do you work well with others?:
*What kind of map would you wish to see made?:

Rules
*RESPECT is the number one thing about our clan. If I, our members, or even the community get a feeling of arrogance, or you think you're above other people because you're talented, you WILL be removed without hesitation. We are all equal, and talented in our own ways, and that is the message I want to come from our members.

*SWEARING is tolerable, just try and stay modest. I, myself, have a sailors mouth when I have leisure time. I will say, if we're hosting with other people, or we're all working on a project, please keep a decent public image.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 10:34:06 PM by Kawika »
Founder of Master Work Build Team

Kawika

• Hawaii Life
    • View Profile
    • Master Work Build Team
    • Awards
Re: 8bit
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2016, 06:19:51 AM »
I've started making a couple maps to work on to add to 8bit's library. An RPG, a Deathmine, and a minigame map.

TheDestinedCrab

• Legendary Member
  • Did you see that? Me neither.
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2016, 02:01:05 PM »
Hi,

I'm not going to join your clan but instead I'll give you some constructive criticism. Here's some things that I liked :

1) You have an alright set of requirements.

2) You have an alright application form.

3) You have an idea of what your clan will actually do.

Here's some stuff that you could improve on, though :

1) Have members PM you their filled in application form instead of on here (this prevents other users being able to mock people if you reject them.)

2) Gives some rules, general rules. These can be as simple as no swearing.

3) Make your thread look and feel better. You can do this by looking at this guide.

4) Get a better logo. Your current one has a water mark in it which makes it look terrible. If you don't know how to make your own then message me and I'll see of I can help you out ;)

Cheers,
Crab.
Thanks Gold Knight for the amazing sig!

Kawika

• Hawaii Life
    • View Profile
    • Master Work Build Team
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2016, 10:16:52 PM »
Thanks for the criticism, it's always accepted.

I designed the logo, but I wanted to add that flame effect, but wasn't quite sure how to go about it, so I found a site that did it and that's where the watermark came from. I like the overall look, and I guess my two options are to use the original image and try and do my own effect, or crop the watermark out. However, I don't really want to do the second option, because they did the service for free, and it seems a little unfair to portray that I am taking credit for their work, even if that's not my intent.

As for the rules, dearly noted, I will edit those in immediately after this post, thanks for the idea.

Curmescius

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: dryym
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2016, 11:56:29 AM »
Just a tip. People who build/script/terraform well and want to work with other people generally want to work with other people on their level.

Since I haven't heard of you aside from one time, I would have no incentive to join this team because I don't know if I would be carrying the team, Be comfortable with the others' skill levels, Or if I would be in way over my head.

You should give some references as to what you are capable of as a standard. Then people wanting to join can determine if this is worth their time.

Creator of the term "Deathmine "
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym

TheDestinedCrab

• Legendary Member
  • Did you see that? Me neither.
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2016, 03:00:14 PM »
Just a tip. People who build/script/terraform well and want to work with other people generally want to work with other people on their level.

Since I haven't heard of you aside from one time, I would have no incentive to join this team because I don't know if I would be carrying the team, Be comfortable with the others' skill levels, Or if I would be in way over my head.

You should give some images for players to see what you are capable of as a standard. Then people wanting to join can determine if this is worth their time.

Images would better as we all know that anyone can exaggerate. I'm not saying that you do but it's easier to trust pictures.

Good luck with the clan btw :)
Thanks Gold Knight for the amazing sig!

Kawika

• Hawaii Life
    • View Profile
    • Master Work Build Team
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2016, 04:34:13 AM »

You should give some references as to what you are capable of as a standard. Then people wanting to join can determine if this is worth their time.

I'm already working on a video that will be released soonish, but I can try to do a few pictures beforehand.

Lunar

• Elite Member
  • The God of the Galaxy
  • Awards 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Qvzw
  • PSN: Widumn_Boise
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2016, 05:28:58 PM »
I'd like to fill an application...

done.

Jared

• Supreme Member
  • Maze/Trivia Builder & Previous Total Miner Tester
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 2 years on site+300 posts Former MotM winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Jeff McNewmen
  • PSN: Jeff_McNewmen
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2016, 06:16:45 PM »

Requirements
*Must be 15+
*Must have a map or be in the process of making a map to host.
*Must have adequate skill in at least one of the three types of creating OR be willing to learn one.

Why does age matter?

《Thank You GK & Mysterio For These Astonishing Signitures!》

Trubtavium Recordsmith VII

• Supreme Member
  • Do you wanna see the Galaxy?
  • Awards Former MotM winners Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13) 4 years on site+1000 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Trubstep Record
  • Steam: Trubstep_Record
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2016, 06:55:58 PM »
Cause children can be annoying, more often than teenagers, albeit anyone can be annoying.

Jared

• Supreme Member
  • Maze/Trivia Builder & Previous Total Miner Tester
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 2 years on site+300 posts Former MotM winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Jeff McNewmen
  • PSN: Jeff_McNewmen
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2016, 07:34:59 PM »
Cause children can be annoying, more often than teenagers, albeit anyone can be annoying.
I've met kids half our age that are more mature than most 30 year olds I know. I don't believe you need to be a certain age to join a clan.

《Thank You GK & Mysterio For These Astonishing Signitures!》

Gary

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Steam: Conmaan ... ... Discord: Conmaan #9586
  • Awards 1 year on site+100 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2016, 07:37:49 PM »
I've met kids half our age that are more mature than most 30 year olds I know. I don't believe you need to be a certain age to join a clan.

I mean if I was running a clan again, I'd probably set an age limit. Not because I think every kid is immature, but just because the vast majority will be and it'd be too much work to sift through so many applications to find the few that would be capable.

Link to my youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo4rmelSOUB9YMM0Is-zWyQ

Trubtavium Recordsmith VII

• Supreme Member
  • Do you wanna see the Galaxy?
  • Awards Former MotM winners Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13) 4 years on site+1000 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Trubstep Record
  • Steam: Trubstep_Record
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2016, 08:12:03 PM »