Author Topic:  Mass Builders  (Read 657 times)

X

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Ca Commiting
Mass Builders
« on: March 15, 2016, 08:10:23 PM »
I am looking for some elite builders to join fill out the sign up below (PM Me)
Builds to show recruiters and me:
Reasons why you should join:
BTW users without mics are rarely accepted!
Clan page below!!

http://totalminerforums.net/index.php?action=sgroups;sa=view;gid=167
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 08:42:15 PM by X »
X is mah thing and I'm a great builder if you need help

#ButterThyStick( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

TM Charles

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15
    • View Profile
    • ::)
    • Awards
  • Xbox: ETTP & Mr Zincy
Re: Mass Builders
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2016, 09:59:07 PM »
Maybe explain what the clan is about. Also what sets it apart from the other building groups, cause all building groups that have been made here rarely are successful in being a group and coming together to do anything as a group. Maybe really try and entice people to join. Show what you have built so people can see what your building skill is so they can base the required skill level off you cause your the leader.

Lead them.

Best of luck to your group. Id join but i don't build.   

crazytater94

• Supreme Member
  • Mastering TM since 2011
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: crazytater94
  • PSN: crazytater94 (Inactive)
  • Steam: crazytater94
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2016, 12:41:25 AM »
Can you promise plenty of group activities? One huge reason why clans fail is because they rarely do anything together. You should do a group event already every week, if not more.

Also, how to you decide who leads or if someone leads? Is it seniority, skill, all equal, or another method?

What is your goal as a clan. Not the clan goal, but what you want the clan to become/do.

Lastly, if you only want good builders, that's not his you can get quality people in your group. Many people specialize in scripts, or quests, or something else, and if you ask for good builders, it takes that small bit of people who "can" build and cuts that down to probably 5% of total miner players. I say "can" because its just a matter of opinion. I always say that if you like what you build, then its perfect, many people I've met say they suck at building and I love their stuff. If you judge someone's builds, you will be saying that either its good enough for your standards, or you don't like it, so they don't pass. You should consider open joining, I've met new players that I've taught to be a good builder. I gave them a chance because they asked for help, and they are now amazing at what they do.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 12:46:21 AM by crazytater94 »

Curmescius

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: dryym
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2016, 10:36:31 AM »
In addition to what Tater said.

I don't think it's fair to exclude people who don't talk.

Some of them build things like this

Or this

Or this

On a regular basis.

And some players have told those people who build like that that they have already surpassed the amount of detail that 99% of the TM community will appreciate.

If you're looking for the best of the best, You can't exclude people for silly reasons like that.

You should also ask Crazytater, And Derfen Steve for a list of the best of the best, As I think they both have one.

Creator of the term "Deathmine "
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym

X

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Ca Commiting
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2016, 08:19:43 PM »
Hey drymm I sais RARELY accepted
X is mah thing and I'm a great builder if you need help

#ButterThyStick( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

Curmescius

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: dryym
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2016, 06:39:14 AM »

Rarely means there is some bias against mutes.

By the way you put it, A micless person of average to above average building skill could be rejected in favour of someone with below average building skill simply due to one superficial factor.

All I'm saying is that you should base this solely off of building skill, Rather than whether or not the person in question can talk.

Creator of the term "Deathmine "
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym

Gary

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Steam: Conmaan ... ... Discord: Conmaan #9586
  • Awards 1 year on site+100 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2016, 11:10:50 AM »

Rarely means there is some bias against mutes.

By the way you put it, A micless person of average to above average building skill could be rejected in favour of someone with below average building skill simply due to one superficial factor.

All I'm saying is that you should base this solely off of building skill, Rather than whether or not the person in question can talk.

While I'm not saying this is true for this clan in particular, I feel that the bias can be justified if the clan emphasizes social interaction and communication between players. Like if you have a lot of clan build sessions, activities, and such. It'd be really tough to do that with someone who doesn't have a mic, even if they are an exceptional builder.

Link to my youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo4rmelSOUB9YMM0Is-zWyQ