Author Topic:  'Conspiracy HD' - Texture pack  (Read 7602 times)

Platinum Dryym

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: dryym
Re: 'Conspiracy HD' - Texture pack
« Reply #180 on: February 04, 2016, 07:13:47 PM »
I would like to still see at night if I cant I wont use it as I have maps that look amazing at night I like the swords but why is there blue around the first one?

I guess you and I have completely different opinions on this.

My absolute favourite part of Rupture is the darkness of the night. It accentuates the light in a build, And makes everything seem more atmospheric and moody.

It also makes the nights in survival tense and exciting. Not being able to see well past the edge of your torch light makes the night fun, And mob encounters unexpected.

Either way, I guess it is irrelevant. If he were to make it be in the middle of the light (Too bright IMO.) light map in OrigHD, And the dark light map of Rupture, You can easily make it darker or lighter to suit your tastes by using the tintcolor command.

I think working in the middle will better satisfy everyone.

Of course if Craig ever adds the ability to use different light maps separate from the TP, It will be even more irrelevant.

Creator of the term "Deathmine "
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym

Jaz

• Supreme Member
  • ヽ(`⌒)ノ
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members 3 years on site+600 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners 4 years on site+1000 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • cluckinbellhappychicken
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Jaz the MAN 2
  • PSN: Jaz_the_MAN_2
  • Steam: Jaz the MAN 2
« Reply #181 on: February 05, 2016, 06:42:43 AM »
I guess you and I have completely different opinions on this.

My absolute favourite part of Rupture is the darkness of the night. It accentuates the light in a build, And makes everything seem more atmospheric and moody.

It also makes the nights in survival tense and exciting. Not being able to see well past the edge of your torch light makes the night fun, And mob encounters unexpected.

Either way, I guess it is irrelevant. If he were to make it be in the middle of the light (Too bright IMO.) light map in OrigHD, And the dark light map of Rupture, You can easily make it darker or lighter to suit your tastes by using the tintcolor command.

I think working in the middle will better satisfy everyone.

Of course if Craig ever adds the ability to use different light maps separate from the TP, It will be even more irrelevant.
I'd like to go somewhere in the middle, currently the TP is just using the original light map until I can understand it a bit better :)

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones" ~ Albert Einstein

Platinum Dryym

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #182 on: February 05, 2016, 07:04:58 AM »
I'd like to go somewhere in the middle, currently the TP is just using the original light map until I can understand it a bit better :)

I believe it specifies the tint that light will apply to the block.

Top left is no light at all, Top right is full sun or moonlight with no block light, Bottom left is full block light with no moon or sun light. And bottom right is full block and sun/moonlight.

In order to make a night map similar to Ruptures, You would make the top right gradient into a much darker colour, Near black with a slight blue tint I think.

So in order to make a map in between Rupture and OrigHD, You'd have to make the top right a darker colour than OrigHD's, But lighter than full black.

I think Paint.NET has some really cool gradient tools if I remember right. Those should help you loads.

I'm sure that by the time you get to that point PC will have dropped, Making it possible for you to test it.

Jaz

• Supreme Member
  • ヽ(`⌒)ノ
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members 3 years on site+600 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners 4 years on site+1000 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #183 on: February 05, 2016, 07:13:40 AM »
I believe it specifies the tint that light will apply to the block.

Top left is no light at all, Top right is full sun or moonlight with no block light, Bottom left is full block light with no moon or sun light. And bottom right is full block and sun/moonlight.

In order to make a night map similar to Ruptures, You would make the top right gradient into a much darker colour, Near black with a slight blue tint I think.

So in order to make a map in between Rupture and OrigHD, You'd have to make the top right a darker colour than OrigHD's, But lighter than full black.

I think Paint.NET has some really cool gradient tools if I remember right. Those should help you loads.

I'm sure that by the time you get to that point PC will have dropped, Making it possible for you to test it.
The thing I don't understand is how the different shades actually effect the light. But yeah, PC will probably be released by the time this is done. So It's pretty likely this won't just be added to the game and may possibly be an external download. But who knows. It would be nice if you could download the used texture pack upon joining a world, I mean, It's only 2 small PNG files :P

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones" ~ Albert Einstein

Platinum Dryym

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #184 on: February 05, 2016, 07:25:24 AM »
The thing I don't understand is how the different shades actually effect the light. But yeah, PC will probably be released by the time this is done. So It's pretty likely this won't just be added to the game and may possibly be an external download. But who knows. It would be nice if you could download the used texture pack upon joining a world, I mean, It's only 2 small PNG files :P

I'd imagine it's the actual tint applied to the block. A fully black tint for any light map will make a block fully dark if it is in that light level.

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
  • Awards Developer 4 years on site+1000 posts 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #185 on: February 05, 2016, 07:56:22 AM »
I'd imagine it's the actual tint applied to the block.
Kind of. But for the purposes of making a light map, thinking of it like this is sufficient.

Platinum Dryym

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #186 on: February 05, 2016, 08:00:23 AM »
Kind of. But for the purposes of making a light map, thinking of it like this is sufficient.

For those of us genuinely curious about how the game works under the hood (Probably just me.) Would you mind telling us how it works in a more technical way?

Jaz

• Supreme Member
  • ヽ(`⌒)ノ
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #187 on: February 05, 2016, 12:54:58 PM »
If I got a shade, put it to 50% transparency and layered it over a block texture, would it relate to how it would be viewed in game? That is only an example, I'd imagine % would be changed if that is a way to make it work.