Author Topic:  HW Avatar Concept  (Read 6073 times)

Platinum Dryym

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: dryym
Re: HW Avatar Concept
« Reply #75 on: February 26, 2016, 11:56:47 AM »
I am curious.

Did you create that concept art? Or is it being used for reference?

He had a few very talented artists whom he commissioned it from.

Creator of the term "Deathmine "
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym

Jaz

• Supreme Member
  • ヽ(`⌒)ノ
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members 3 years on site+600 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners 4 years on site+1000 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • cluckinbellhappychicken
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Jaz the MAN 2
  • PSN: Jaz_the_MAN_2
  • Steam: Jaz the MAN 2
« Reply #76 on: February 26, 2016, 12:41:03 PM »
I am curious.

Ah, sweet :)

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones" ~ Albert Einstein

Steve

• Elite Member
  • Awards Unique Content Contributors Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Total Miner Forums
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Derfen Steve
  • Steam: Derfen Steve
« Reply #77 on: February 26, 2016, 12:53:23 PM »
I am curious.

Ah, sweet :)

Yes I personally own the rights to the images,

I hired 5 separate artists to build upon the origanal design.

Platinum Dryym

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #78 on: August 25, 2016, 12:33:17 PM »

Hermes Wraith/Old Deus 4.0 WIP

Derfen himself said that he doesn't think he could improve the avatar more than he already has.

I'm going by and completely rebuilding the avatar from the ground up (Technically from the sky down.) to make a Wraith that is closer to the concepts Derfen has.

I am basing it off of this concept

This concept

And some elements from this concept.

I like how it is going so far. But any feedback would be appreciated. Even if it is just an "ew" from Derfen.

Steve

• Elite Member
  • Awards Unique Content Contributors Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Total Miner Forums
    • Awards
« Reply #79 on: August 25, 2016, 02:52:35 PM »

Hermes Wraith/Old Deus 4.0 WIP

Derfen himself said that he doesn't think he could improve the avatar more than he already has.

I'm going by and completely rebuilding the avatar from the ground up (Technically from the sky down.) to make a Wraith that is closer to the concepts Derfen has.

I like how it is going so far. But any feedback would be appreciated. Even if it is just an "ew" from Derfen.

"cool"
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 03:04:59 PM by Steve »

Platinum Dryym

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #80 on: August 25, 2016, 03:08:02 PM »
"cool"

I understand that it is very early, And not a great pic. But some real feedback would be great. XD

YoungSykotic182

• Supreme Member
  • The Demi-God giving Cold Sore King
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Awarded for extraordinary testing services to our game. Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13) Former MotM winners 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • @YoungSykotic182
    • Awards
  • Xbox: YoungSykotic182
  • Steam: YoungSykotic182
« Reply #81 on: August 25, 2016, 04:19:50 PM »
I like the way it looks so far. It is hard to tell from the pic but it looks to me like the scale is off. What you have built looks to be too big and I feel it will be difficult for you to form a lower body that will look proportionally correct. This could just be the pic playing tricks on my eyes though.

PWRBTTN

• Legendary Member
  • Professional Expert, Comrade
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: PWRBTTN
  • Steam: PWRBTTN
« Reply #82 on: August 25, 2016, 04:29:21 PM »
I always thought Hermes Wraith was a bit long-legged. That or short-armed.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 04:58:16 PM by PWRBTTN »
/snail       /snail    /snail         /snail /snail      /snail   /snail                /snail        

Platinum Dryym

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #83 on: August 25, 2016, 04:30:07 PM »
I like the way it looks so far. It is hard to tell from the pic but it looks to me like the scale is off. What you have built looks to be too big and I feel it will be difficult for you to form a lower body that will look proportionally correct. This could just be the pic playing tricks on my eyes though.

Well, For one, I plan on doing the entire lower body in a different way.

The head is actually a very similar height, If a bit shorter. And the body looks different because I am using full blocks for the detail work rather than stacks.

It doesn't show in the pic, But the cloak is actually dark blue rather than gray or black like the real wraith.

Quite a lot of work still needs to be done though.

November Jim

• Jr. Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners I shot the sherriff 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: vJamie xD
  • Steam: Jimalene
« Reply #84 on: August 25, 2016, 04:43:05 PM »
All of this work is absolutely stunning! Keep up the great work Steve :)

3rd in the world to unlock Demigods
Jr Moderator given on January 2nd 2017
YouTube: Jimalene
bob [31|Dec 12:56 PM]: Howdy Jimster

YoungSykotic182

• Supreme Member
  • The Demi-God giving Cold Sore King
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Awarded for extraordinary testing services to our game. Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13) Former MotM winners 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • @YoungSykotic182
    • Awards
  • Xbox: YoungSykotic182
  • Steam: YoungSykotic182
« Reply #85 on: August 25, 2016, 04:48:20 PM »

Well, For one, I plan on doing the entire lower body in a different way.

The head is actually a very similar height, If a bit shorter. And the body looks different because I am using full blocks for the detail work rather than stacks.

It doesn't show in the pic, But the cloak is actually dark blue rather than gray or black like the real wraith.

Quite a lot of work still needs to be done though.

Looking forward to seeing the result! I've always liked seeing custom avatars.

Platinum Dryym

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #86 on: August 25, 2016, 04:54:24 PM »

Steve's done with the wraith. XD I just posted here because it was the most valid topic for this discussion.

PWRBTTN

• Legendary Member
  • Professional Expert, Comrade
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: PWRBTTN
  • Steam: PWRBTTN
« Reply #87 on: August 25, 2016, 04:59:10 PM »

Steve's done with the wraith. XD I just posted here because it was the most valid topic for this discussion.
That's what you get for hijacking my texture pack.
/snail       /snail    /snail         /snail /snail      /snail   /snail                /snail        

Platinum Dryym

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #88 on: August 25, 2016, 05:08:07 PM »

That's what you get for hijacking my texture pack.

I get what exactly?

Do I have enough good karma that it lessens the bad of that? What exactly is it that I am getting?

Steve

• Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • Total Miner Forums
    • Awards
« Reply #89 on: August 25, 2016, 05:56:06 PM »
Here are some high quality screenshots of the finished product, At last he is done.
Small Preview

Spoiler for Hidden Content:

« Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 03:18:22 PM by Tom »