Author Topic:  Total Miner Memories..  (Read 9575 times)

CDJ

• RPG
  • Awards 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Creative Viperz
  • PSN: N/A
  • Steam: TotalMiner
Re: Total Miner Memories..
« Reply #150 on: November 17, 2017, 06:04:53 PM »
my favourite memory was making large-scale and intricate PvP maps for people to have fun and grind on. opening new parts of the map to watch everyone find out clues and secrets to get to hidden parts of the map.

wow if i could just relive that time in life, that would mean the world to me.

Never Forget.

Sexy Hippo

• Sexiest Hippo on the Forums!
  • Awards 1 year on site+100 posts Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13)
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
    • Awards
  • Xbox: xLOLxTSNOOPS
  • Steam: xLOLxTSNOOPS
« Reply #151 on: December 22, 2017, 11:13:59 AM »
I think with TM PC coming out tomorrow this topic needs to be revived!

Think about it.. the memories made, friends made, worlds made alone or w/ friends or even community worlds! The countless challenge maps that everyone makes, the test worlds you used to make some of your greatest builds or ideas, that survival or creative world.., or even going on that skin grind with life invaders or mining out an entire mountain with a wooden pickax just to get caveman. We all have a memory tied to TM so why not share it!

With that said... one of my memories happened within the first couple months of me playing the game. I had just figured out how to create a flat world made up of a type of block and I also figured out how to use marker blocks. Keep in mind this was before turret blocks and HD texture pack. Me and a group of friends just started going at this world. Using grenade launchers to make huge caves and blow up what each other had made.
"To all who walk the dark path and to those who walk in the sunshine but hold out a hand in the darkness to travel beside us. Brighter days are coming."

cY Agent 115

• Death to trolls on the forums
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: cY Agent 115
  • Steam: cY Agent 115
« Reply #152 on: December 22, 2017, 12:00:54 PM »
Let me tell you a story of an epic battle that happened in one of my total miner maps that is literally my most memorable story to this day. So strap in strap on because this is hilarious and cool.

okay so the set the scene I made a map where friends are everything. you can make alliances (factions) and have a 100x100 plot of land to build for your alliance as you please. many people had alliances and most people didn't know each other but they soon will.

It all started with a legendary player of Total Miner Forge called OnlyUseMeBacon (I think thats how it was spelt). A Canadian clan called the "purple unicorns" settled in to the north west corner of the map and was in the middle of building their castle with walls going around it. Bacon, being the ninja he is, snook into the base disguised as their team and stole stuff from their chests. Now I stated at that spawn that if anything happens in the alliances plot, including stealing or trolling is out of my control. deal with it yourselves basically. the only thing I will do is assign players to alliances and turn on off zones for special requests.

Bacon quickly realises he can get out of the castle. With his nametag off he has little time before people realise it's not one of theirs. He looks for an exit point. Within a few seconds of searching various locations of the castle he finds his way out. Someone spots him leaving and the WHOLE CLAN sprints after him. Unfortunately for the unicorns he get away, but they didn't know who it was. Someone from a different faction suddenly logs off. They assume its him. Patiently awaiting his return onto the server everyone from that team gear up and wait a solid 2 days (real time) of hosting for him to log on. A bit overcommited i my opinion.

Meanwhile, on the other side of the map. A faction by the name of "greedy jew" and another faction called "the unforgiven" (I assume a metallica reference) are trying to make peace. The "greedy jew" faction isn't convinced the unforgiven are legit and stay frosty over their actions. The unforgiven leader (my good friend OshKosh) decides to make a Symbol of peace out of some bone and long grass he ranomly picked up. After sculpting this weird structure, he hides to see what reaction he will get. Considering the 2 clans are next door, the response wouldn't take too long. The leader of the "greedy jew" faction (RIP Junky Shadow) see this sculpture and investigates. After walking around it for like 30 seconds he looks around him to see if anyone is there. OshKosh silently awaits with a Bow and arrow set ready to pounce at him when he's not looking. The time strike was then, he leaps out of his hole and screams in the same style of mickey mouse.

kinda like this but with more earrape..

Junky shadow gets away to his castle.

now I don't remember much after that but I know that an all out war between every faction but the greedy jew faction started because of people lying to each other about different thing and it was hilarious as a host to witness. 9v6 battle took place in the plains of the wilderness and lives were lost. One battle took a solid hour (thats long for TMF) because after 1 person died that person would appear again with more gear. It was completely hectic. The best time I've ever had, if i had a capture card id have recorded it.

CDJ

• RPG
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #153 on: December 22, 2017, 12:39:38 PM »
Let me tell you a story of an epic battle that happened in one of my total miner maps that is literally my most memorable story to this day. So strap in strap on because this is hilarious and cool.

okay so the set the scene I made a map where friends are everything. you can make alliances (factions) and have a 100x100 plot of land to build for your alliance as you please. many people had alliances and most people didn't know each other but they soon will.

It all started with a legendary player of Total Miner Forge called OnlyUseMeBacon (I think thats how it was spelt). A Canadian clan called the "purple unicorns" settled in to the north west corner of the map and was in the middle of building their castle with walls going around it. Bacon, being the ninja he is, snook into the base disguised as their team and stole stuff from their chests. Now I stated at that spawn that if anything happens in the alliances plot, including stealing or trolling is out of my control. deal with it yourselves basically. the only thing I will do is assign players to alliances and turn on off zones for special requests.

Bacon quickly realises he can get out of the castle. With his nametag off he has little time before people realise it's not one of theirs. He looks for an exit point. Within a few seconds of searching various locations of the castle he finds his way out. Someone spots him leaving and the WHOLE CLAN sprints after him. Unfortunately for the unicorns he get away, but they didn't know who it was. Someone from a different faction suddenly logs off. They assume its him. Patiently awaiting his return onto the server everyone from that team gear up and wait a solid 2 days (real time) of hosting for him to log on. A bit overcommited i my opinion.

Meanwhile, on the other side of the map. A faction by the name of "greedy jew" and another faction called "the unforgiven" (I assume a metallica reference) are trying to make peace. The "greedy jew" faction isn't convinced the unforgiven are legit and stay frosty over their actions. The unforgiven leader (my good friend OshKosh) decides to make a Symbol of peace out of some bone and long grass he ranomly picked up. After sculpting this weird structure, he hides to see what reaction he will get. Considering the 2 clans are next door, the response wouldn't take too long. The leader of the "greedy jew" faction (RIP Junky Shadow) see this sculpture and investigates. After walking around it for like 30 seconds he looks around him to see if anyone is there. OshKosh silently awaits with a Bow and arrow set ready to pounce at him when he's not looking. The time strike was then, he leaps out of his hole and screams in the same style of mickey mouse.

kinda like this but with more earrape..

Junky shadow gets away to his castle.

now I don't remember much after that but I know that an all out war between every faction but the greedy jew faction started because of people lying to each other about different thing and it was hilarious as a host to witness. 9v6 battle took place in the plains of the wilderness and lives were lost. One battle took a solid hour (thats long for TMF) because after 1 person died that person would appear again with more gear. It was completely hectic. The best time I've ever had, if i had a capture card id have recorded it.

Jesus, that's a huge story. I'm tempted to put Oshkosh's cheese balls story.

cY Agent 115

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #154 on: December 22, 2017, 12:42:13 PM »
@CDJ those memories will stay with me forever

Jeff

• Elite Member
  • pvp clans
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Oshkosh
  • Steam: Green_Bay
« Reply #155 on: December 22, 2017, 12:48:23 PM »
What about in 1.8 when it first came out.... Indians came out at night to kill you.... Craig that's horrible, glad you added the dryad.

CDJ

• RPG
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #156 on: December 22, 2017, 02:08:16 PM »
What about in 1.8 when it first came out.... Indians came out at night to kill you.... Craig that's horrible, glad you added the dryad.

Remember the boom arrows, jesus christ.

cY Agent 115

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #157 on: December 23, 2017, 02:59:25 AM »
Remember the boom arrows, jesus christ.
Sentry turrets with nade launchers.. RIP world

casual onion

• Legendary Member
  • I sometimes eat onions.
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
    • Awards
  • Xbox: casual onion
  • Steam: casual onion
« Reply #158 on: December 23, 2017, 05:07:12 AM »
Buying the PC version on day one.
| Thanks for reading my post. It was great, wasn't it? |

| I build Economy RPG Maps, here i my current one. Hazzah! |

| Feel Free to send me a message on here on the TM Discord (casual onion#3563) |

| Enjoy the next post! |

CDJ

• RPG
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #159 on: December 23, 2017, 05:20:59 AM »

I brought it within the the first 5 seconds, lol you missed out. There was about 23 people in the voice channel, everyone went crazy on release.

casual onion

• Legendary Member
  • I sometimes eat onions.
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
    • Awards
  • Xbox: casual onion
  • Steam: casual onion
« Reply #160 on: December 23, 2017, 07:56:59 AM »

I brought it within the the first 5 seconds, lol you missed out. There was about 23 people in the voice channel, everyone went crazy on release.

I bought it 2 hours and 17 minutes after release because sleep.
| Thanks for reading my post. It was great, wasn't it? |

| I build Economy RPG Maps, here i my current one. Hazzah! |

| Feel Free to send me a message on here on the TM Discord (casual onion#3563) |

| Enjoy the next post! |

Kinetic plasma

• TOO MANY DEATHMINES... AGHHHHHHH!
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #161 on: December 23, 2017, 02:43:22 PM »
Its time for a whole new community to be born and create more memories with the release of TM PC. A fresh start! Im so hyped right now.
Started Total Miner 8/25/11
Top score in Total Rush Robotic contest 9/8/16
4th person to unlock the Demigod 11/27/16
Expert Builder
Beginner Scripter
Challenge map builder

cY Agent 115

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #162 on: December 24, 2017, 08:02:08 PM »
Getting 20k Score on Total Invaders in the first hour of the PC release

sora1kg

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: sora1kg
« Reply #163 on: December 24, 2017, 08:28:07 PM »
"Old Original Texture" & "Old Ladder Blocks & Spikes"

Nefty

• Supreme Member
  • This Hotel Sucks
  • Awards Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners Former MotM winners 4 years on site+1000 posts 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
    • Awards
  • Xbox: GoatOnTheMoon
  • Steam: GoatOnTheMoon
« Reply #164 on: December 24, 2017, 08:30:25 PM »
"Old Original Texture"

My World 1 was a city built with my friends on this. I may have been trash at building, but it looked bad because of the texture  ;)
Miner Of The Month - April 2014