Author Topic:  What's a deathmine?  (Read 182 times)

Jeff

• Elite Member
  • pvp clans
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Oshkosh
  • Steam: Green_Bay
What's a deathmine?
« on: December 05, 2017, 11:52:36 AM »
So what makes a deathmine a deathmine ? Does this mean minecraft pvp factions is considered a deathmine?  What about runescape you mine in the wilderness were there is death?   I mean peope call anything with mining a deathmine even if it's built like a RPG?  I mean it's dumb because isn't a deathmine world mean you mine and pvp?  And normally the pvp is in a mine? With a lot of mines?  Now days anything is called a deathmine like survival pvp , peope are calling a deathmine.. complaining you mine in total miner.... "total Miner"".  There's the forge part because you build. But mining is in the game title!! Plus I played Dig Deep death match were you do what you want is that  considered  a deathmine?

CDJ

• RPG
  • Awards 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Creative Viperz
  • PSN: N/A
  • Steam: TotalMiner
Re: What's a deathmine?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2017, 11:54:32 AM »
So what makes a deathmine a deathmine ? Does this mean minecraft pvp factions is considered a deathmine?  What about runescape you mine in the wilderness were there is death?   I mean peope call anything with mining a deathmine even if it's built like a RPG?  I mean it's dumb because isn't a deathmine world mean you mine and pvp?  And normally the pvp is in a mine? With a lot of mines?  Now days anything is called a deathmine like survival pvp , peope are calling a deathmine.. complaining you mine in total miner.... "total Miner"".  There's the forge part because you build. But mining is in the game title!! Plus I played Dig Deep death match were you do what you want is that  considered  a deathmine?

People just call it a deathmine because someone made the word a while back. It does kind of make sense. I understand what you are saying and thats why i host my worlds under RPG.
                          Owner Of Our Atmosphere Series!

cY Agent 115

• Death to trolls on the forums
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: cY Agent 115
  • Steam: cY Agent 115
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2017, 12:12:31 PM »
According to the forums (not me), a "Deathmine" is a boxy map in a flatland world that was designed for the sole purpose of being carbon copy of other Deathmines literally because it gets players and players give rates. people who started the game a week ago and get goldenknight through the worst artistic, scripting and all-round design possible.

Most people enjoy putting "RAte 5" signs all around the spawn encased in Rainbow EVERYTHING. Some like competing to see who is the best scripter by putting a really basic script in the map that other maps may not, these are mostly useless scripts and do nothing for the map. the point is, they basically all the look the same in the sense that they all have 4 or 6 basic mines leading up to a 5x3 PvP area over whats called a PvP mine that takes 1 second to get out of. oh btw all the mines are in the same room.

With Deathmines getting so popular, people who host maps under the "Deathmatch" attribute is affected from criticism from others, evening if the map looks and falls under a completely different category. Meaning if they host under the Deathmatch attribute, their map is instantly labelled as "Deathmine" no matter how detailed and RPG looking the map may look. Personally and a few others would contribute to this, but i would love to see that nickname be used in a less prejudice way. Like if i went on someones map and started calling their map terrible because its under the challenge attribute, its just not right.

There Jeff

CDJ

• RPG
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2017, 09:24:02 AM »
According to the forums (not me), a "Deathmine" is a boxy map in a flatland world that was designed for the sole purpose of being carbon copy of other Deathmines literally because it gets players and players give rates. people who started the game a week ago and get goldenknight through the worst artistic, scripting and all-round design possible.

Most people enjoy putting "RAte 5" signs all around the spawn encased in Rainbow EVERYTHING. Some like competing to see who is the best scripter by putting a really basic script in the map that other maps may not, these are mostly useless scripts and do nothing for the map. the point is, they basically all the look the same in the sense that they all have 4 or 6 basic mines leading up to a 5x3 PvP area over whats called a PvP mine that takes 1 second to get out of. oh btw all the mines are in the same room.

With Deathmines getting so popular, people who host maps under the "Deathmatch" attribute is affected from criticism from others, evening if the map looks and falls under a completely different category. Meaning if they host under the Deathmatch attribute, their map is instantly labelled as "Deathmine" no matter how detailed and RPG looking the map may look. Personally and a few others would contribute to this, but i would love to see that nickname be used in a less prejudice way. Like if i went on someones map and started calling their map terrible because its under the challenge attribute, its just not right.

There Jeff

So basically Callum 2?

Curmescius

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: dryym
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2017, 10:16:31 AM »

People just call it a deathmine because someone Dryym made the word a while back. It does kind of make sense. I understand what you are saying and thats why i host my worlds under RPG.

A deathmine is a map hosted under the "Deathmatch" attribute where the primary game mechanic is to mine blocks, Sell them, Purchase upgraded equipment, And repeat. They come in all kinds of build quality and some of them are really good aside from the main underlying mechanic that makes it a deathmine. Simply having a mine does not make a map a deathmine. To be a deathmine, The mining must be the main gameplay element, And it must be hosted under the deathmatch attribute.

Creator of the term "Deathmine "
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym

Clerical

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Pixel Artist And Tester
  • Awards Awarded for extraordinary testing services to our game. Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Unique Content Contributors 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: TM Clerical
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2017, 11:07:10 AM »
[quote ]
A deathmine is a map hosted under the "Deathmatch" attribute where the primary game mechanic is to mine blocks, Sell them, Purchase upgraded equipment, And repeat. They come in all kinds of build quality and some of them are really good aside from the main underlying mechanic that makes it a deathmine. Simply having a mine does not make a map a deathmine. To be a deathmine, The mining must be the main gameplay element, And it must be hosted under the deathmatch attribute.
[/quote]

Probably the best desciption right here, they have been around as long as players have been able to customize shops, however they had a huge boom after the last few updates, the last time i was online i would say a good 60% of the maps i visited were theese

Pixel artist, Map Creator, TotalMiner Tester

Jeff

• Elite Member
  • pvp clans
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2017, 11:34:47 AM »
[quote ]

Probably the best desciption right here, they have been around as long as players have been able to customize shops, however they had a huge boom after the last few updates, the last time i was online i would say a good 60% of the maps i visited were theese
[/quote] Been around sense 1.7 , I have dig deep deathmines" as well as other people so I'd say they have been around sense 2012-   . I'd say 1.8 they really started to get popular, when more creative options came! As in, in 1.8 you could host these deathmines on creative. When 2.0 came out the deathmines were better because of scripts, and you didn't need to physically fill the mine or use the fill option!   Now days the deathmine worlds look way different.   

CDJ

• RPG
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2017, 01:51:45 PM »
[quote ]

Been around sense 1.7 , I have dig deep deathmines" as well as other people so I'd say they have been around sense 2012-   . I'd say 1.8 they really started to get popular, when more creative options came! As in, in 1.8 you could host these deathmines on creative. When 2.0 came out the deathmines were better because of scripts, and you didn't need to physically fill the mine or use the fill option!   Now days the deathmine worlds look way different.
[/quote]

People just wanted golden knight and they did not want to put the effort in a map.

cY Agent 115

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2017, 01:55:51 PM »
[quote ]

[/quote]

I would also say that every since I've started hosting, my maps have always been under the "deathmatch" attribute. mostly because it gives the map a hardcore feel and it actually gets players.

CDJ

• RPG
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2017, 02:04:14 PM »
[quote ]

I would also say that every since I've started hosting, my maps have always been under the "deathmatch" attribute. mostly because it gives the map a hardcore feel and it actually gets players.
[/quote]

The Deathmatch and Challenge attributes were pretty much the only thing you could host under and actually have players join.

Jeff

• Elite Member
  • pvp clans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2017, 06:01:47 PM »
[quote ]

Been around sense 1.7 , I have dig deep deathmines" as well as other people so I'd say they have been around sense 2012-   . I'd say 1.8 they really started to get popular, when more creative options came! As in, in 1.8 you could host these deathmines on creative. When 2.0 came out the deathmines were better because of scripts, and you didn't need to physically fill the mine or use the fill option!   Now days the deathmine worlds look way different.

People just wanted golden knight and they did not want to put the effort in a map.
[/quote] 1.7-1.9.2 deathmines took skill to make and that's when the challenge maps were big!! You had to outline every single mine with all different zones - zones walls and everything! That's how they worked in -1.9.2.

December Jim

• Jr. Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners I shot the sherriff 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: vJamie xD
  • Steam: Jimalene
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2017, 06:04:47 PM »
A deathmine is something that is boring and overused... someone had to say it  ::)

3rd in the world to unlock Demigods
Jr Moderator given on January 2nd 2017
YouTube: Jimalene
bob [31|Dec 12:56 PM]: Howdy Jimster

CDJ

• RPG
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2017, 06:06:27 PM »
A deathmine is something that is boring and overused... someone had to say it  ::)

It is, i wish there was a different category that we could host good ones under, i tried hosting under RPG but hardly anyone would join.

cY Agent 115

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2017, 06:10:56 PM »

yes, Deathmines and not deathmatches