Author Topic:  Scripts - [HudMenu]  (Read 94 times)

pierce

• Dudes with guitars
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Bandtastical
  • Steam: Bandtastical
Scripts - [HudMenu]
« on: November 19, 2017, 10:29:50 AM »
I know that menus and message boxes are a thing, but we should have hud menus added to scripts.

So basically, youd have the option to create a box, with different options to select different things. (if you wanted to have a quick shop there or a tp)
It would be a menu and message box combined, also since this is a hud script, you could edit the coordinates and size [x,y,w,h], color of the box [r,g,b,a], [abs] but can be omitted, of course the name of the HudMenu [name], [player] but can be omitted to all players, the title of the menu [[text]] but can be omitted, options for what players can select [[text][script]], and lastly the button you press to access the menu (which will be seen before the title or if its omitted, at the same line as the title [button].

so the script would look like this

HUDMenu [name] [player] [x,y,w,h] [r,g,b,a] [button] [text] [[text][script]] ... [abs]

HudMenu [name] [player] [delete]

But we can just add an item to the inventory where it opens the menu when you swing it, or have a button on the screen with text that when you press it, the menu opens up like that.

Having a hud dedicated to this is so much easier, plus you can make it whatever color and size youd like.

Also, what i mean by pressing a button and accessing the options, is that the menu will always be on your screen like a hud, to make it not interfere with how you are able to function in the game, you will need to press a button to select the options on the menu. When your also selecting the menu, this makes you unable to walk, you can press the button you assigned for the menu to stop selecting it, making you able to walk around.

When the option is highlighted, the line will be white but in the same transparency as the box is

An idea of what itd look like: http://imgur.com/PEILlWs

If you have any questions ask below, this might seem a little confusing. I cant really explain how it would be done, since craig could make the script any way hed like it.

« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 10:46:27 AM by pierce »

kurt cobain, is the real tragedy.

Lunar

• Elite Member
  • The God of the Galaxy
  • Awards 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Qvzw
  • PSN: Widumn_Boise
Re: Scripts - [HudMenu]
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2017, 07:39:10 PM »
Technically you can do this, if you do some searching i have posted a very basic wireframe of this type of script, but if you would like I can show you a world with a fully functional and customizable one and you can see how they work, it takes about 30 scripts to make a basic one with customization options.

pierce

• Dudes with guitars
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Bandtastical
  • Steam: Bandtastical
Re: Scripts - [HudMenu]
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2017, 12:39:39 AM »
Technically you can do this, if you do some searching i have posted a very basic wireframe of this type of script, but if you would like I can show you a world with a fully functional and customizable one and you can see how they work, it takes about 30 scripts to make a basic one with customization options.

this is why i want there to be an individual script for it. having that many scripts honestly just to do that is so much work rather than just having 1 script for it. 

kurt cobain, is the real tragedy.