Author Topic:  Features that we want to see in 2.6  (Read 3040 times)

Gary

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Steam: Conmaan ... ... Discord: Conmaan #9586
  • Awards 1 year on site+100 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Features that we want to see in 2.6
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2017, 05:22:16 PM »
A cheat system. Here's how it will work: In Single Player, players can access cheats like giving or unlocking items, infinite durability for tools, godmode, and/or the ability to switch between creative and survival.

In Multiplayer: Same as above, but only accessible to those with proper permissions.

You could already achieve this with a modpack that has modified items, and a couple of basic scripts.

Link to my youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo4rmelSOUB9YMM0Is-zWyQ

STARKILLER7851

• Fresh Meat
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2017, 06:44:26 PM »
A cheat system. Here's how it will work: In Single Player, players can access cheats like giving or unlocking items, infinite durability for tools, godmode, and/or the ability to switch between creative and survival.

In Multiplayer: Same as above, but only accessible to those with proper permissions.

You could already achieve this with a modpack that has modified items, and a couple of basic scripts.

Really? A lot of the modding tools are dead, and the best we can do is a hex editor.
Current Creative Projects:

SkyCity, a Floating City similar to Midgar from Final Fantasy VII. Made purely with sunblocks and glass

Atlantis City, a vast semi-futuristic underwater resort hotel, complete with a pool, sub docking structure, Skyscraper, mining zones for the optimistic, etc.

KeefdaQueef

• I am a teen and legally depressed
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Keefer511
  • Steam: Keit511
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2017, 07:28:13 PM »
Some sort of script that can activate by a certain text message. Say that you pick a number between this and that or to guess something else. Pretty much a quiz script. Maybe  Text [text] [true|false] or IsText. If it is right, then a global script is used saying [[gamertag] did blah blah blah]
I realize that this would affect text messages so delete the script and reset

Keep Calm n' Keep Er' Goin!

TM Charles

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15
    • View Profile
    • ::)
    • Awards
  • Xbox: ETTP & Mr Zincy
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2017, 08:37:34 PM »

Really? A lot of the modding tools are dead, and the best we can do is a hex editor.

He is talking about PC modding. If you just use XML than thats fine your slightly limited on what you can do. But if your using c# to make mods your pretty free to do what you want. At this point anything on this topic pertains to PC as that's where 2.6 will be, seeing as its the initial release i wouldn't expect a big feature update for a bit as bugs people find are ironed out.

Gary

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Steam: Conmaan ... ... Discord: Conmaan #9586
  • Awards 1 year on site+100 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2017, 06:49:34 PM »

I made a video on how to do this here:

It is automatically time stamped to the point that I change the item name/description/stats.

If you watch the video from the beginning, you can see how I made the files and where they will go once you have access to the PC version.

So what you could do is modify the stats of existing items to have near-infinite durability and super stats, or you could make near-identical items with crazy stats and slightly different names (ie Godmode Wood Sword) and use scripts to give/take them from players.

Link to my youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo4rmelSOUB9YMM0Is-zWyQ

Fuertey

• Elite Member
  • Keyboard not found. Press F1 to continue.
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts 3 years on site+600 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Fuertey
  • Steam: Fuertey
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2017, 07:48:16 PM »
Couple of questions.

Are 64 bit or higher textures able to be used?

I noticed the folder was "Allplayers" Does this have any significance? i.e is that folder downloaded to all clients that connect to the world?

If not, then is the texture only shown locally? or remotely aswell? If the latter then how is that handled? Automatically? or confirmation by the remote client needed?

Curmescius

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: dryym
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2017, 10:06:36 PM »
Couple of questions.

From my understanding, A texture that is 1x2 would be 64 bits. (Each pixel is 4 bytes for the RGBA channels.) So I am fairly positive 64 bit textures will be allowed.

Creator of the term "Deathmine "
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym

Fuertey

• Elite Member
  • Keyboard not found. Press F1 to continue.
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts 3 years on site+600 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Fuertey
  • Steam: Fuertey
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2017, 05:19:43 AM »
Couple of questions.

From my understanding, A texture that is 1x2 would be 64 bits. (Each pixel is 4 bytes for the RGBA channels.) So I am fairly positive 64 bit textures will be allowed.

Not in the texture sense.

A 64 bit block texture would be 64 x 64 pixels per block face. Obviously resulting in more detail per block.

I only ask because Gary only mentions 16 and 32 bit.

AlienizdPixel

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Hello
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: A1ienizdPixe1
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2017, 09:07:29 AM »
Couple of questions.

Currently, the highest supporting texture for Blocks is 64x64 pixels. The highest for Items is 32x32 pixels

I noticed the folder was "Allplayers" Does this have any significance? i.e is that folder downloaded to all clients that connect to the world?
It there is no significance to the folder's name as from what I understand.

If not, then is the texture only shown locally? or remotely aswell? If the latter then how is that handled? Automatically? or confirmation by the remote client needed?
Multiplayer is not currently supported. However, the plan for Multiplayer hosts with modifications is to have remote clients be prompted to download them via the Steam Workshop when they join the game; this will assure that the remote has what is needed to properly view and interact with the world.
-Alionz

Curmescius

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: dryym
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2017, 10:59:12 AM »
Not in the texture sense.

A 64 bit block texture would be 64 x 64 pixels per block face. Obviously resulting in more detail per block.

I only ask because Gary only mentions 16 and 32 bit.

I was just being a smartass. :P

Creator of the term "Deathmine "
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym

CDJ

• RPG
  • Awards 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Creative Viperz
  • PSN: N/A
  • Steam: TotalMiner
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2017, 02:58:21 PM »

You can do this with scripts tbh
                          Owner Of Our Atmosphere Series!

cY Agent 115

• Death to trolls on the forums
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: cY Agent 115
  • Steam: cY Agent 115
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2017, 04:13:56 PM »
a multi-biome map! instead of grasslands and deserts xD

Circlecat113

• Legendary Member
  • Aka Cat
  • Awards 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Circle cat113
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2017, 09:40:57 PM »
a multi-biome map! instead of grasslands and deserts xD
This would be amazing to be honest.

Jeff

• Elite Member
  • pvp clans
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Oshkosh
  • Steam: Green_Bay
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2017, 11:45:32 PM »
A crossbow!!!  lol ^-^

cY Agent 115

• Death to trolls on the forums
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: cY Agent 115
  • Steam: cY Agent 115
« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2017, 12:07:30 PM »
A crossbow!!!  lol ^-^
a whole new tier of crossbow or a random one in the bow tree like the pike is with the spears?