Author Topic: [PC] TM PC Modding API  (Read 15133 times)

MrMarooca

• Modder
  • C# 4 lyfe
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • YouTube - MrMarooca
    • Awards
  • Xbox: MrMarooca
  • Steam: TheWhitestBoyYouKnow
[PC] Re: TM PC Modding API
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2015, 12:56:12 PM »

You should make a side tool in the PC port for the people dont know what XML is or how to program in XML        You should make a side tool in the PC port for the people dont know what XML is or how to program in XML

You should make a side tool in the PC port for the people dont know what XML is or how to program in XML

You should make a side tool in the PC port for the people dont know what XML is or how to program in XML

We may also develop a tool to make custom object creation easier for those that are not comfortable working with XML files directly.

XML is really easy to learn though, I suggest checking W3Schools out for some examples.
You want me to give a timeframe? haha I'd have more luck predicting the end of the world.

Curmescius

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: dryym
Re: TM PC Modding API
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2015, 01:57:21 PM »
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<ArrayOfItemCombatDataXML xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
  <ItemCombatDataXML>
    <CombatID>SteelSword</CombatID>
    <Health>0</Health>
    <Attack>40</Attack>
    <Strength>30</Strength>
    <Defence>30</Defence>
    <Ranged>0</Ranged>
    <Magic>0</Magic>
    <Looting>0</Looting>
  </ItemCombatDataXML>
</ArrayOfItemCombatDataXML>

Ahem! Craaaig! Is there something you'd like to tell us?

Also, Will this API allow for modders to create custom player skills for use in special items? For example, If I made a lockpick item, Could I make it only usable if you had a (Custom) LockPicking skill level of =>x?

Creator of the term "Deathmine "
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym

Campbell

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2015, 11:04:29 PM »
bump.

Also, Will this API allow for modders to create custom player skills for use in special items? For example, If I made a lockpick item, Could I make it only usable if you had a (Custom) LockPicking skill level of =>x?
Not with the XML modding method, but once we implement the ability to create mods via programming I don't see why not ;)

Curmescius

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2015, 10:53:39 AM »
bump.
Not with the XML modding method, but once we implement the ability to create mods via programming I don't see why not ;)

Will the XML method allow for us to directly tie script commands into an item's swing function?

For example, Could I make an item that automatically teleports the player 15 blocks in front of them by tying a "Teleport [Player] [vrel:15,-2,0]" script command to the item's swing function?

Joel

• Awards 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2015, 03:25:15 PM »
can we mod the player model just like adding mob or is that going to be discus later.

Clerical

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Pixel Artist And Tester
  • Awards Awarded for extraordinary testing services to our game. Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Unique Content Contributors 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: TM Clerical
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2015, 03:42:19 PM »
can we mod the player model just like adding mob or is that going to be discus later.
No mod required as the game will have the ability to create you're own skins.

Pixel artist, Map Creator, TotalMiner Tester

Joel

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2015, 04:03:58 PM »
No mod required as the game will have the ability to create you're own skins.
the skin yes but what im talking about can you make yourself look like the troll npc or the wolf npc not the skin texture.

Curmescius

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2015, 04:27:44 PM »
Is this tag: <IsFemale>false</IsFemale> in the mob's XML data used in TM at this moment? I thought it may be for determining the sound, But that seems to already be covered. It seems a bit redundant. Lol

Campbell

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2015, 08:09:30 PM »
Will the XML method allow for us to directly tie script commands into an item's swing function?

For example, Could I make an item that automatically teleports the player 15 blocks in front of them by tying a "Teleport [Player] [vrel:15,-2,0]" script command to the item's swing function?
No, modding with XML files will only be for simple additions or replacements. Anything that can't be exposed through data files (e.g. different skills, function manipulation, etc) will have to be modded by programming.

the skin yes but what im talking about can you make yourself look like the troll npc or the wolf npc not the skin texture.
There are no plans to implement this at this point.

Is this tag: <IsFemale>false</IsFemale> in the mob's XML data used in TM at this moment? I thought it may be for determining the sound, But that seems to already be covered. It seems a bit redundant. Lol
We will go over the use of each property later on.

Curmescius

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2015, 09:56:56 PM »
Will it be possible to simply Ctrl+S our mod's XML files and have them automatically update while the game is running?

If not, Could a refresh mods button be considered, As this would make simple changes to animation and such much less time consuming.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 08:52:08 PM by Dryym 🐲 »

Joel

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2015, 08:25:14 PM »
Adding Mobs...
now I love this but got one question.can I import my own 3d model in obj format into the game or will that cause some crash to the game
« Last Edit: December 16, 2015, 10:21:07 PM by Craig »

Campbell

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2015, 08:42:15 PM »
Will it be possible to simply Ctrl+S our mod's XML files and have them automatically update while the game is running?

If not, Could a refresh mods button be considered, As this would make simple changes to animation and such much less time consuming.
You won't be able to edit the mod XML files and have it update automatically in-game after saving, but yes a refresh button can be implemented to do that.

now I love this but got one question.can I import my own 3d model in obj format into the game or will that cause some crash to the game
No, it will have to be a model made in the game.

Joel

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2015, 08:47:34 PM »
will it be implanted soon or is it on the thinking table

TM Charles

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15
    • View Profile
    • ::)
    • Awards
  • Xbox: ETTP & Mr Zincy
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2016, 09:14:49 AM »
will it be implanted soon or is it on the thinking table
I do believe it will ship with the game to make a good modding api its better to make it when the games being made so that it can be built on.

MrMarooca

• Modder
  • C# 4 lyfe
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • YouTube - MrMarooca
    • Awards
  • Xbox: MrMarooca
  • Steam: TheWhitestBoyYouKnow
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2016, 11:08:26 PM »
What does it mean for the future of the modding API now that Campbell is off the team? Will development continue as planned?
You want me to give a timeframe? haha I'd have more luck predicting the end of the world.