Author Topic:  Forum Awards  (Read 2387 times)

Clerical

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Pixel Artist And Tester
  • Awards Awarded for extraordinary testing services to our game. Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Unique Content Contributors 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: TM Clerical
Re: Forum Awards
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2014, 07:46:56 PM »
This is a tight community, i think someone would tell bob if a member wasnt uploading any TM videos.

He could always have a Media Team to do these checks for him?
Could work,
If you had a select few users who don't mind, i personally youtube "totalminer" everyday and change search to today so i can see any new videos.
But there is also the problem with
Quote from the bob:
"Not to mention it's far too subjective, which will only end up with people moaning and complaining that so and so has the award, and they don't deserve it and such. Same goes for awards for who has the best idea topics, who has the best stories in the writers section, etc. Anything subjective is a no"

Pixel artist, Map Creator, TotalMiner Tester

Kard

• Waiting For The Ban Hammer
  • Awards 1 year on site+100 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: vGalvatron
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2014, 08:20:05 PM »
Could work,
If you had a select few users who don't mind, i personally youtube "totalminer" everyday and change search to today so i can see any new videos.
But there is also the problem with
Quote from the bob:
"Not to mention it's far too subjective, which will only end up with people moaning and complaining that so and so has the award, and they don't deserve it and such. Same goes for awards for who has the best idea topics, who has the best stories in the writers section, etc. Anything subjective is a no"
It doesnt matter what he does, there will always be people moaning.

Clerical

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Awards Awarded for extraordinary testing services to our game. Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Unique Content Contributors 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2014, 08:24:30 PM »
It doesnt matter what he does, there will always be people moaning.
Yeah but we can always limit the amount of people moaning by being as fair an UN bias as we can.
I like the idea of a youtube award as its a way to show our thanks for those who help suport the game. but as for the reasons mentioned already, its a bad idea.

Sargnarg the Hardge Harg

• Extreme Member
  • Atlas Telamon
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts Former MotM winners Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: atlh3
  • Steam: The_Green_Condom
« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2014, 08:51:38 PM »
I still want my forum idiot award :p

Miner of the Month for January 2014
But you can call me the salaminizer!
#BanAtlas

Agykoo

• Extreme Member
  • Spring time DOOM BEE! getting ma flower on ^_^!
  • Awards 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Agykoo
« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2014, 10:33:07 PM »
Bob where's my miner of the year award? or my miner of forever award ;D ^_^
My point has finally been made ^_^ (viva la Agy!)

anywho

Under construction ^_^! (probably something spring/Doom Bee related XD) ^_^

Kard

• Waiting For The Ban Hammer
  • Awards 1 year on site+100 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: vGalvatron
« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2014, 04:07:24 AM »
Yeah but we can always limit the amount of people moaning by being as fair an UN bias as we can.
I like the idea of a youtube award as its a way to show our thanks for those who help suport the game. but as for the reasons mentioned already, its a bad idea.
Its worth a try just to see how it goes.

Jesse

• Extreme Member
  • Oldest Lasting TM Youtuber.
  • Awards Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Former MotM winners 4 years on site+1000 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • YouTube: Mythical Monkey
    • Awards
  • Xbox: YT Mysterio
  • PSN: YT_Mysterio
  • Steam: YT Mysterio
« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2014, 12:05:40 AM »
i only know like 4 main  totalminer youtubers that upload on a regularly bases logan me indie and bu kard idk if you have a channel but i see it working

/mm Thanks Gold Knight for sig /mm
/mm MotM September '14 /mm
/mm Robo February '15 /mm
/mm 4th Demi Gods December '16 /mm
/mm Youtube: Mythical Monkey /mm

EpiiKxReaPz

• Awards 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13)
    • View Profile
    • gyazo
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Stallion83
« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2014, 12:45:44 AM »
Me. I would personally see no point in a Youtuber award. Even though I have suggested it, I just dont see the point of it. Maybe some other awards could do. But not a Youtuber award.

Clerical

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2014, 11:39:34 AM »
i only know like 4 main  totalminer youtubers that upload on a regularly bases logan me indie and bu kard idk if you have a channel but i see it working
Regular means weekly or more often, so only you and sometimes logan and sometimes snorlax would be eligible, and what happens if you stop recorded for awhile?
Its seems to be a case of "i can earn it so i want it"
as stated several times be others including bob, would not work well and to much hassel to watch through every video to make sure the content is what it should be.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 11:41:05 AM by Clerical »

GoatOnTheMoon

• Supreme Member
  • YT GoatOnTheMoon
  • Awards Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
    • Awards
  • Xbox: GoatOnTheMoon
  • PSN: N/A
  • Steam: GoatOnTheMoon
« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2014, 12:19:03 PM »
Regular means weekly or more often, so only you and sometimes logan and sometimes snorlax would be eligible, and what happens if you stop recorded for awhile?
Its seems to be a case of "i can earn it so i want it"
as stated several times be others including bob, would not work well and to much hassel to watch through every video to make sure the content is what it should be.

Well I upload most of my content to the forums at least twice a week. I am not for or against the idea because I think the entire award base is worthless. Its just another way for people to say they're better than others. But like all of the awards there should be basic criteria. Or like people could vote to see if they think someone is worthy of earning it.

Clerical

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2014, 12:32:13 PM »
Well I upload most of my content to the forums at least twice a week. I am not for or against the idea because I think the entire award base is worthless. Its just another way for people to say they're better than others. But like all of the awards there should be basic criteria. Or like people could vote to see if they think someone is worthy of earning it.
But you would need to vote every week, by thme giving an award for your channel it means they accept the content on it, and will have to check every video you make to make sure it does not contain things it shouldn't.
As bob said before, he is all for adding new awards but only if they are quick to give out and nor hard to check, this award would mean they will have to go through hours of totalminer videos. and then check every video that person makes,

To much hassle for alot of nothing.

GoatOnTheMoon

• Supreme Member
  • YT GoatOnTheMoon
  • Awards Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
    • Awards
  • Xbox: GoatOnTheMoon
  • PSN: N/A
  • Steam: GoatOnTheMoon
« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2014, 12:51:43 PM »
But you would need to vote every week, by thme giving an award for your channel it means they accept the content on it, and will have to check every video you make to make sure it does not contain things it shouldn't.
As bob said before, he is all for adding new awards but only if they are quick to give out and nor hard to check, this award would mean they will have to go through hours of totalminer videos. and then check every video that person makes,

To much hassle for alot of nothing.

Well what about innocent until proven guilty? Plenty of people build maps on TM with innapropiate content on them but people don't go and make sure that they get deleted. Like for instance, my videos are fine as they are, but if I were to cuss, and degrade certain people then I shouldn't be allowed. So you get the award for having a TM Channel. You keep the award until someone finds something inappropriate about your channel. That way you still earn it, and you keep your rep clean.

Clerical

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2014, 12:55:12 PM »
Well what about innocent until proven guilty? Plenty of people build maps on TM with innapropiate content on them but people don't go and make sure that they get deleted. Like for instance, my videos are fine as they are, but if I were to cuss, and degrade certain people then I shouldn't be allowed. So you get the award for having a TM Channel. You keep the award until someone finds something inappropriate about your channel. That way you still earn it, and you keep your rep clean.
Same point as above, your post is exactly what i mean, it takes along time to check every video to make sure, bob does not want to sit there 30mins to an hour checking every ones channel and tm videos to make sure they have not done something wrong, bob has said he does not want one that needs to be maintained. just 1 time give and also does not take long to check if they have requirements, i would love a Video award as will show that the staff appreciate the advertising, but to much time.

YoungSykotic182

• Supreme Member
  • The Demi-God giving Cold Sore King
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Awarded for extraordinary testing services to our game. Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13) Former MotM winners 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • @YoungSykotic182
    • Awards
  • Xbox: YoungSykotic182
  • Steam: YoungSykotic182
« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2014, 01:06:25 PM »
Clerical has done a good job reminding everyone of why a youtube award won't happen. Let's move on with other ideas instead of trying to think of a work around. It is just creating far too much effort for no real gain. Next idea.

Also keep this in mind:
A youtube award is just not going to happen. It would require way too much of a time investment for me to sit and watch 2 hours or more of videos for each person requesting the award. I need to be able to identify if the award is deserved in 30 seconds.

Not to mention it's far too subjective, which will only end up with people moaning and complaining that so and so has the award, and they don't deserve it and such. Same goes for awards for who has the best idea topics, who has the best stories in the writers section, etc. Anything subjective is a no.

B1ack W1dow

• Tester
  • Total Miner Forge Fan
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: X B1ack W1dow X
  • Steam: Totalminerforgeplayer
« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2014, 01:23:58 PM »
here is an idea since most of you know I hosted the Robotic competition. Why not have a robotic host award, because I'm sure not going to be the last host, I think. Another reason for this award is for the hosts that completed the competition and doesn't drop out at last min.