Author Topic:  Dead Island: v3.0.5  (Read 5440 times)

Xian-mei

• Awards Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: KrONic GLaDOS 2
Dead Island: v3.0.5
« on: February 02, 2014, 05:10:49 PM »

*new update below in "news/update" section
WHAT IS DEAD ISLAND ?
 Dead Island is an upcoming zombie rpg that will put you to the test against the outbreak. Part of a marine environment operation, you and your team had been sent out to uncover the distress message from Palanai island. What was once a beautiful paradise is now hell; a deadly virus had triggered a zombie outbreak around the island. There's no turning back now due to the tropical storms sinking your boats. Survival is now in the hands of you and your fellow teammates to find an escape route. Hope is drowning.   
DEAD ISLAND : features
-A unique tropical setting
-Main quest and side quest
-Hordes of zombies and special zombie variants
-Crates,boxes,and chest to loot
-Hold out events
-Many weapons to find
-Notes,Diaries,and hidden articles to gain more background of Palanai
-Dead Zones , for those who are looking up for a challenge
-Torrential downpours *NEW*
-Night time gameplay *NEW*
-Easter eggs *NEW*
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NEWS / UPDATES *July, 10 2016
Hellololololol, man it's been a crazy few weeks; lot's of parties and events going on. Now that I have the time to spare, here's an update on what's going on. So recently I've finally got the new beach homes finished "Still got to do the interiors" !! Say goodbye to the old bland boxy homes; the new homes now have a more tropical vibe to them with a bit more geometry than the old homes. I absolutely loved doing the roofs of these beach houses thanks to the multi texture feature lol. I've been doing some planning lately and I was thinking about what should I put in the area "which was previous locked" that I'm expanding in. I decided about putting slum villa flats that extends into the ocean. This would demonstrate the diversity between the wealthy resort area and the hidden local natives that live in jungle villas which would be obscured by the highway that runs through. A side note, I've been starting a new youtube series called "Random world visits" where I would showcase a compilation of worlds I venture in. Think of it as a different addition to "World Hopping" lol. By the way, after around 3 years of being on the forums, I finally found a character that suits me haha. Now I may be known as "The girl with the crazy black and blonde bob hair" haha; it's like how lady lobo, for example, is characterized as a wolf or how Jack is a wizarrrd I think lolz. The underrated music artist Sia was a big influence; I've actually dyed/ styled my hair to fit her style. I've also noticed at some point where miners were confused how to pronounce my name lol. I know it's weird so it's basically pronounced "Shen-may" instead of something like "Zyan-may" or "Zean-may" haha. Now that we got some fun facts out of the way, that's it for now minerz. Stay safe this summer and if you're going into senior year in school, make the best of it !!!

Introducing: NIGHT GAMEPLAY
Spoiler for Hidden Content:
As the sun begins to set, the island goes under a terrifying transformation and a warning notification is set off. This ain't no zombie kill fest anymore, you are now in a horror game of stealth and survival. During night, vision is reduced greatly and the infected become stronger. If you think that's worst, a new threat awakens "The Volatile". Volatiles are one of the most vicious out of all infected. Once spotted by a volatile, you must run and hide. They can't be killed easily and will put on a chase. As stated before the best thing to do is run for your life and hide. Waiting out the night may be safe, but keep in mind that  chances of rare items being looted increases and rewards double. Are you up for the challenge ? Night gameplay is currently in beta and will only be active during testing phases requested by players in-game. Soon night gameplay will be fully active in the future.
Here are a few screen shots to give you an idea ;)

UPCOMING UPDATES/NEWS

- comparison developer video

[/b][/size]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SCREENSHOTS

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Credits
Map Director : KrONic GLaDOS 2
Based on Techland's "Dead Island" and "Dead Island Riptide"
Story Developer : KrONic GLaDOS 2  , INDIE ENERGY
« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 08:41:34 PM by Xian-mei »

GoatOnTheMoon

• Supreme Member
  • YT: Nefty
  • Awards Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
    • Awards
  • Xbox: GoatOnTheMoon
  • PSN: N/A
  • Steam: GoatOnTheMoon
Re: Dead Island: RPG V1.3
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2014, 05:44:26 PM »
This looks like its going to be a really great map!!!

Pringle

• Legendary Member
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: pringle2009
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2014, 06:20:08 PM »
Looks great, im  making a walking dead world myself. Cant wait to see how you set up your zombie survival world
https://m.

SwiftGeneration

• Elite Member
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: SwiftGeneration
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2014, 06:28:30 PM »
I would actually love to see this, I think it'll be pretty epic once you get this going! If you ever need inspiration to keep you going, look up some zombie games and find some interesting features for people to enjoy!
Old Member Of Team Craft
Old Member Of Builders Unit
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Twitter = SabreSwiftYT
Youtube =
Skype = Swift Generation

LG Clash

• Elite Member
  • 総鉱夫ルール
  • Awards 2 years on site+300 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel!
    • Awards
  • Xbox: ClashWithLG
  • PSN: PSN Is Garbage
  • Steam: To Poor to afford a PC
Re: Dead Island: RPG V1.4
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2014, 09:09:06 PM »
Joined this map before it was really interesting and creative (Ps. Love the art).

Xian-mei

• Awards Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2014, 09:20:53 PM »
Thank you for the Feedback , since my map got corrupted I'll have to work on a new concept , but don't worry . Most of the elements are similar and they are being improved on . I'm now using the Rupture HD pack and it really brings out the tropical vibe of the new Dead Island . I'll let you know when I'm ready to present
 version 1.4 .

Xian-mei

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2014, 05:25:48 PM »
Hello miners , while Dead Island is under development I've worked on 2 new posters.
Summer is getting close which means that development time will speed up.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
So far , three enemies have been confirmed
- The Walker : A common enemy found around the whole island
                      Partially decayed and slow , but deadly in hordes
                     --------------------------------------------------------
- The Wrestler: A large broad infected who possesses the strength
                       of a bull . The wrestler is very dangerous as it
                        deals great amount of damage.
- The Floater : A moss covered infected that has the ability to spit
                      corrosive bile at a target. These unique infected
                       are usually found near water
------------------------------------------------------------------------
That's not all the enemies that will appear in Dead Island
Stay tuned for more updates on the upcoming outbreak
                                                        -Xian Mei

Xian-mei

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2014, 06:47:28 PM »
screenshots and one of the official posters will be updated soon miners ;)

Xian-mei

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2014, 08:09:25 PM »
new pics and poster's been updated YESSSS

Xian-mei

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2014, 05:30:06 PM »
Good news everyone . This weekend , I expect heavy development to take place
I don't know why , but my creative energy is up to the max !!
Coming soon are 2 new concepts . And my map will be opened
for tours so keep an eye on the lobbies , you might spot "Dead Island"
--------------------------------------------------
Sometimes I'll turn on combat for the enemies to spawn while I'm building
you may be equipped with a weapon.
This is just an addition to exploring the development going around .
                                                              -Xian Mei

Jaz

• Supreme Member
  • ヽ(`⌒)ノ
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members 3 years on site+600 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners 4 years on site+1000 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • cluckinbellhappychicken
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Jaz the MAN 2
  • PSN: Jaz_the_MAN_2
  • Steam: Jaz the MAN 2
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2014, 06:11:13 PM »
This map sounds pretty cool! ill be sure to join it if i see it ;)

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones" ~ Albert Einstein

Xian-mei

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2014, 01:13:58 PM »
.Due to story development , Dead Island will go under heavy revisions . Instead of starting directly in Henderson , you will now begin the journey at Palanai resorts . This is to help build the feeling of progress as you go farther in the main story . Henderson is now the climax center of Dead Island and will contain similar buildings , but different layouts .
Another objective is that I'm trying to find ways to make Dead Island have less flatness , this will help make exploring the island a bit more interesting. I can't promise that Dead Island will be finished in a jiffy , but I know that I am trying my best to give you miners 100% effort. 

Xian-mei

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2014, 07:12:02 PM »
*update

Jack Of Shades

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2014, 02:23:01 AM »
EXCITED for this!

JD DRAGON 7

• Legendary Member
  • I'm a freelance builder.
  • Awards 2 years on site+300 posts 3 years on site+600 posts Awarded to exemplary forum members 1 year on site+100 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: JD DRAGON 7
  • PSN: JD_DRAGON7
  • Steam: JD_DRAGON_7
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2014, 04:13:36 AM »
Xian-mei do you think you can tell us your gamer-tag and zone.

You said in a earlier post "keep an eye on the lobbies , you might spot "Dead Island"" but sadly the game dose not work this way. (I wish it did) you can not see the name of a world till you have visited it at least one time.

The only ways we have to find your world is to join random worlds 24/7 till we find a world named dead island or we have your GT and zone ( zone plays a part in who you find in a search. Example if a pro zone player searches for worlds than mostly pro zone players will show up.) so if we know who to look far and if we change ower zone to match yours we will be able to find you if you are hosting. If we don't know than it's  like trying to find a needle in a hay stack.
Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional.
Wii U      JD_DRAGON_7
360        JD DRAGON 7
Ps3/ps4  JD_DRAGON7
Steam    JD_DRAGON_7