Author Topic: [Construction] There and Back Again: The Lord of the Rings Builds  (Read 10966 times)

Dauntless395

• Legendary Member
  • The Ecchi King
  • Awards Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) Former MotM winners Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 3 years on site+600 posts Awarded to exemplary forum members Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Dauntless395
  • PSN: Dauntless395
[Construction] Re: There and Back Again: The Lord of the Rings Builds
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2014, 12:10:53 AM »
From the images I've seen, it appears that only one side of Isengard has the very slight slope (I could be wrong). So I don't think that the slope is all too important and if it's causing difficulties in the construction of the structure then it could be omitted and have almost no affect on the overall look.

The image I provided doesn't do the slope too much justice. Here is a better pic. If you were to look at it from the very top, it would look like a giant Plus ( + ). Each arm of the plus is sloped the same way; an extremely steep slope that makes the tower not perfectly straight like a skyscraper.

Also each arm of the plus is exactly the same as the other three. So I only need to build off one of the arms then paste it onto the other three.

I'll have to judge my options as to how I can build it. Ive seen several minecraft builds of Isengard use a steep slope, while others omitted it and make it a vertical tower. Both seem to look good.
Spoiler for Hidden Content:

I'll probably boil down to the effort I put into it.

I may end up skipping over Isengard for another less complicated build for a while if I can't figure out how to make it look nice.
You make me smile!

Dauntless395

• Legendary Member
  • The Ecchi King
  • Awards Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) Former MotM winners Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 3 years on site+600 posts Awarded to exemplary forum members Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: There and Back Again: The Lord of the Rings Builds
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2014, 03:03:13 AM »
The Black Gates of Mordor

Mordor was chosen by Sauron for its defensive purposes: the three mountain ranges to the west, north, and south made natural barriers to keep his foes at bay. However, there is a small pass between the Ered Lithui (Ash Mountains) and the Ephel Dath (Mountains of Shadow) called Cirith Gorgor, or The Haunted Pass.

It is here that Sauron erected the Morannon, better known as the Black Gates of Mordor, entrance into the land of the enemy.

The gate was fashioned with wrought iron 10 meters thick, an almost impenetrable blockade to would-be invaders into the defiled wasteland. The gates were operated via "Troll power". Trolls hidden behind the turret clefts would rotate a lever around the backside of the gate. By means of torque, the trolls would rotate the mechanical towers next to the gate, allowing them to swing open.

Picture 1: Turret cleft in which the trolls were protected from incoming arrow fire to operate the gate.
Picture 2: Mechanical tower that would turn inwards like a gear, opening the gate.

There were two large turrets off of each side of the Black Gates. These turrets were part of many fortifications that the kings of Gondor erected to keep evil within Mordor since the beginning of the Third Age. These string of fortifications included the two towers Carchost and Narchost, Minas Ithil, the tower of Cirith Ungol, and Durthang.

Ironically these very same fortifications were taken by the shades of Mordor, and repurposed to add to Mordor's own defenses. Carchost and Narchost were the towers of Gondor that kept watch over the Cirith Gorgor, but "so here too the vigilance of men had failed."

They became the Towers of Teeth. No one passed through the Morannon without feeling their bite.

It was here that Frodo, Sam, and Smeagol could not get past the guards of the Black Gates, who are ever watchful of invaders. They then headed south to take the pass by the Morgul Vale to evade detection.

More Pics that Sauron tempts you to look at. They are precious to you......

Overall it was a fun build that took my mind off of more difficult projects like Isengard.
The hardest part was making the Towers of Teeth, because the two pieces on the top and bottom do not actually meet, but rather are staggered. Also the curvature of the inner part of the tower became a nuisance. But I believe the multitude of spikes covered that up.

A script to open the gate is coming soon.

The only problem with the build is the size. I seem to have made it about 450 blocks long, which is way, way, way too long. I plan to add this gate in between the Ash Mountains and the Mountains of Shadow once I start working on the real Middle Earth map.
The size of the gate will be considerably smaller than in the pics now, as to not have to make the mountains like a million blocks long to keep it in correct proportions :P

Ever watchful for the Ring's return.....

Reference Picture to the Black Gate
This Minecraft build helped me figure out how to construct the sides to the Towers

And so I leave you all with one more present, courtesy of Lady Galadriel:
Sneak peeks at the progress of Helm's Deep and Isengard. Neither is done, so the builds are subject to change (definitely Isengard for sure).

« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 07:53:37 AM by Dauntless395 »
You make me smile!

Zoidberg

• Legendary Member
  • Awards Awarded for extraordinary testing services to our game. Awarded to exemplary forum members 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: v Zoidberg v
  • Steam: v_Zoidberg_v
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2014, 01:56:00 PM »
They're all looking great! Nice work, I will definitely have to come see them in person some time.

Dauntless395

• Legendary Member
  • The Ecchi King
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2014, 04:18:29 PM »
The Tower of Cirith Ungol

- Sam, "That one was for Frodo! And for the Shire! And that's for my old Gaffer!"

In the years following the end of the Second Age, after Sauron's defeat, Gondor bolstered the defenses around Mordor to stop any incursions from arising there again. They built a string of fortifications to keep a close eye over the dark land. To keep the enemy in.

The Tower of Cirith Ungol was one of these fortification pieces. Sitting on the eastern edge of the Ephel Duath (the Mountains of Shadow), its face pointed east and south to defend the Cirith Ungol pass from Ork invaders.

The Cirith Ungol pass itself was riddled with extremely dangerous and steep stairs, chasms, and Shelob, a giant spider who made her home in the tunnels waiting for unsuspecting travelers. The name Cirith Ungol means "Spider's Cleft" in Sindarian.

After the Great Plague, however, Gondor's power waned, allowing the fortifications to fall into disrepair and were abandoned. These very same fortifications were quickly commandeered by the very forces they were supposed to keep at bay.

During Frodo and Sam's journey to destroy the One Ring, their guide Gollum took them through the Cirith Ungol pass to lead them into Mordor. Frodo was paralyzed by Shelob's sting, and his limp body was discovered by Orks who took him to the Tower.
Sam gave chase. What looked like beyond the mountaintops appeared to be a tower turret.

Sam then realized that the tower turret was just the top of a larger fortification.

Regardless, Sam pressed on in hopes of Rescuing Frodo from his captors.

Up and up he climbed, until he reached the tower.

There he killed the Ork Captain Gorbag, who was about to torture Frodo. Frodo profusely apologized to Sam that the Ring was taken after Frodo was strip-searched for valuables. To his surprise, Sam had taken the Ring for safe-keeping, for he had thought Frodo had died from Shelob's paralysis.

The rest of the incriminating photos Shagrat doesn't want you to see:

Overall it was a fun build.
At first when I saw the reference photos, it was quite daunting. There are three levels to the fortress, each one not entirely made clear as to how they fit together. Fortunately for me I was able to find some pictures with overhead shots that helped me out.

I build a partial piece of the Mountains of Shadow for the photo shoot, but once the Middle Earth map is terraformed I will place it on the slopes of the mountain.

Comes complete with a bridge too!

"We did it Mr. Frodo. We made it into Mordor."

Indispensible Reference Photos
Helped break down each of the three pieces
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 01:02:29 PM by Dauntless395 »
You make me smile!

Quadraphinic

• Elite Member
  • Awards Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) Awarded for extraordinary testing services to our game. 2 years on site+300 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Quadraphinic
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2014, 04:38:58 PM »
Wow, Daunt, you're getting better and better all the time, each build gets better than the last. This is how you add detail with minimal block usage. Great job as always.
Cheers Quad
Assume Nothing, Question Everything, Start Thinking
"The delightful and ever-novel pleasure of a useless occupation." Henri de Regnier
I'm fluent in 3 languages...English, Sarcasm, & Profanity
I do not fear insanity, I rather enjoy it!

Dauntless395

• Legendary Member
  • The Ecchi King
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2014, 10:01:20 PM »
The Argonath: Pillars of Kings

- Aragorn "Long have I wanted to look upon my Sires of Old. My kin."

After Sauron's defeat at the end of the Second Age, the kingdom of Gondor saw great prosperity. By the year 1340 of the Third Age, Gondor reached its height in power. With immense borders stretching across Middle Earth like never before, the kings yearned to display this power as a symbol of dominance over their hostile neighbors.

In the year 1340 of the Third Age (1700 years before the events of The Hobbit or The Lord of the Rings), King Romendacil II commenced the construction of the Argonath, colossal statues of King Isildur and Anarion along the banks of the Great Anduin. Carved out of the rugged cliffs of the Anduin, these statues represented the two greatest kings of Gondor. Each one holds a weapon in their right hand, and holding out their left. This gesture of defiance represent Gondor's dominance over would-be invaders from the north.

In the Lord of the Rings: the Fellowship of the Ring novel by J.R.R. Tolkien, the Argonath statues are supposed to be Isildur and Anarion. Each wields an axe in their right hand. However, Peter Jackson's cinematic adaptation portrays Isildur with Narsil, Elendil's broken blade that Isildur used to cut off Sauron's finger with the One Ring attached. Also, there have been some speculation as to who the statues are. While they are supposed to be Isildur and Anarion, some suspect that the statues are Isildur and his father Elendil, since Anarion was neither seen nor mentioned in Peter Jackson's adaptation.

It would be quite intimidating for northern invaders to see these colossal statues

By the time the Fellowship sailed down the Great Anduin River on February 25, 3019 T.A., the borders of Gondor had long receded, and the Argonath became a forgotten relic of the past.

History became legend. Legend became Myth....

COOL SHOTS WITH THE NEW BINOCULARS ITEM!

Overall it was an exciting build, but also challenging. I have never attempted a colossal statue before. Each statue rises to about 250ish blocks tall. So I followed a helpful modeling guide that showed me steps on how to construct it.

First, I started with Anarion. I made his helmet and hand first, followed by his robe that drapes his sleeves. Paying careful attention, I made sure the folds in the sleeves looked realistic. I then made the front part of his body. I started with a flat surface, then carved in his pecks and belt. Last, and hardest, was his facial features. I needed a gesture of defiance in his face, but not too angry nor too happy. A moot expression seemed fitting.

Pieces of the build all over the workshop floor

Isildur proved easier, since I had already "done it before" with Anarion. His robe was easier to construct. The only thing that gave me trouble was the beard and his arm holding Narsil. It kept coming out looking like Mr. Burn's crippled arm from the Simpsons. I tried several attempts, and settled on the one that looked the part.

The Anduin scene was a little cumbersome. The statues ended up getting spaced too close to each other. Also the cliffs are supposed to rise up to the top of each statue. However time and desire to do an extensive amount of work was absent. I'll revise the scene once filming starts.

Information Regarding the History of the Argonath Statues
One of the Most Invaluable Guides I Have Ever Read Regarding Statue-Making
Reference Picture
Shot from the Movie

Stay tuned for builds from The Shire!
You make me smile!

Dauntless395

• Legendary Member
  • The Ecchi King
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2014, 04:13:26 PM »
Building The Shire: Part I

The Green Dragon Inn

"And so, life in the Shire goes on, as it has this past Age. Full of its own comings and goings.
With change coming slowly.
If it ever comes at all...."

The Shire, home to a great number of different races of Middle Earth, is one of the last surviving settlements in the realm of Eriador. As the Shire sits close to the western fringes of the continent, it is home to Men who await adventures, Dwarves who have come down from the Blue Mountains to visit distant cousins, and sometimes Elves who are passing through to get to the Grey Havens.
And yet among these folks, are Hobbits.

Hobbits are seen as small, insignificant creatures. Appealing to the comforts of home, they rarely venture out past the Shire. For there aren't many notable accomplishments by Hobbits. They feel that the familiarities of a warm household, a tobacco pipe, and a nice book are better treasures than any adventures can bring them.

And so, change "comes slowly, if it ever comes at all" in the Shire.

Located along the riverbank of the Brandywine River, the Green Dragon Inn serves as one of the few places of entry into the Shire, particularly Hobbiton. It's bedrooms full of weary travelers and those willing to share a tale or two. Though most of the Hobbits do not care for the events of the world outside their settlement, and can be seen as stubborn even.

As the Hobbit Ted Sandyman would say, "It's none of our concern what goes beyond our borders. Keep your nose out of trouble, and no trouble'll come to you."

... But even the tiniest creature can shape the course of history. For a wizard dressed in long grey robes is coming to Hobbiton. He has journeyed quite a distance with a cart full of fireworks to see an old friend. For it is his friend's 111th birthday. Events, which will change Middle Earth as we know it...

Building the Green Dragon was quite an experience. Having never made "Anglo-Saxon medieval" architecture before, I got some advice from Crazytater94 on how best to go about it. Overall I think it looks quite nice, and a big shoutout for his help!
The roof was supposed to be a thatch design, so I adopted the use of the crop texture. I added indents into the roof to make it look varied instead of just a flat surface. The rest I kind of put together by guesswork.

This is not the entirety of the Shire build. For I have several others that must be completed before I can deem this part "finished".

Reference Picture

Here's some fancy pictures I took of Barad Dr in the meantime. I removed the Eye for a couple pictures:

I had to stitch that last one together from two pictures, since Barad Dr is too tall to get all of it without losing the build from view distances.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 12:38:25 AM by Dauntless395 »
You make me smile!

Dauntless395

• Legendary Member
  • The Ecchi King
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2015, 02:28:12 PM »
Building The Shire: Part II

The Brandywine River

I had left off with the construction of the Old Saw Mill along the Brandywine River. I have come back to finish up the Brandywine Bridge area of the Shire.

The Brandywine River itself is an important geographical boundary between the world of the Hobbits, and the world ahead. To Hobbits, venturing out beyond the Brandywine River was rarely done. Care for the outside world was simply not there.

On the western bank of the Brandywine River lay the Green Dragon Inn, a place where Meriadoc Brandybuck and Peregrin Took would be frequently seen having a day's smoke and a pint of ale.

On the eastern bank lay the Old Saw Mill, owned by the late Sandyman the Miller. His son would rebuild after it was burnt down. However, being a spy for Saruman, he twisted the Old Saw Mill into an industrial pit, spewing black smoke from its chimneys. A harsh reality for the otherwise peaceful folk of the Shire.
Times have in fact changed.

- The lamp post outside the Green Dragon Inn

The hardest part about making the build was the roof. With so many sloping angles that are different, I had to build each roof piece separately, then slowly merge them together. It took some time, but it got done.

Bucklebury Ferry

Merry - "That Black Rider was looking for something... or someone. Frodo, what's going on?
Frodo - "Sam and I must get out of the Shire. We must get to Bree.

Merry - "Bucklebury Ferry. This way!"

Here are some extra pictures from the builds.
Now that the Brandywine River area is complete, all that is left of the Shire is Hobbiton. I've started on the Hobbit-holes, but terraforming enough space on a hillside is quite challenging.

Proposed design for the Hobbit-Holes

Branywine River Area
Bucklebury Ferry Image References
More information about the Brandywine River area

Stay tuned for a mega-post for the Mines of Moria and Amon Hen! Lots and lots of pictures to come!
You make me smile!

HiiPiie

• Eat Acid. HiiPiie. Eat Acid. Lowcakee. Eat Acid.
  • Awards 2 years on site+300 posts Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • http://totalminerforums.net/index.php?PHPSESSID=9q4ut00makn6l11e04qrv8fis3&topic=2300.msg24140#msg24140
    • Awards
  • Xbox: xSo HiiPiie
  • PSN: Breezy_O
  • Steam: The_Real_HiiPiie
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2015, 02:36:59 PM »
You just made my day nice to see someone working hard and creating something everyone can enjoy.

"Follow the path of justice and receive hate, but follow the path of evil and you'll go down in history."
. - HiiPiie

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Jack Of Shades Youtube Gaming Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2015, 04:38:24 PM »
These builds are quite spectacular, Daunt! I mean, well done! I have never seen anyone try this on any Voxel game before. And even so, nothing this close to the films artistic work. My hats off to you, I surely hope to visit these in-game sometime in the future! /sage

RXZ x REPLAYZz

« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2015, 05:15:15 PM »
Those new screenshots in the contest topic look great! :D

Dauntless395

• Legendary Member
  • The Ecchi King
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2015, 04:55:36 PM »
The Mines of Moria

- "The World is grey, the mountains old. No harp is wrung, no hammer falls. The Darkness dwells in Durin's Halls.
There lies his crown in water deep, till Durin wakes again from sleep"

At last, I have made the Mines of Moria post. For those of you who saw the "Title Screen Shot" pictures thread, you may recognize many of the builds in here. I will post them in the order that the Fellowship encountered it.

In the millennia before the Fellowship of the Ring ever set foot inside the dark halls, the ancient city was known to the elves as Kazad-Dum. It was founded after the awakening of the most famous Dwarf in Middle Earth: Durin the Deathless.
After awakening in the holy site of Mount Gundabad, he rallied his people to create the dwarven kingdom of Kazad-Dum, or Dwarrowdelf.
In search of precious mithril, the Dawrves dug deeper and deeper. Until they accidentally awoke.... a Balrog.

A Maiar who had been corrupted by the ancient evil of Morgoth, the Balrog slumbered under the Misty Mountains until being awoken. In a fury, it destroyed most of the city, killing Durin IV. It gained its nickname "Durin's Bane".

Thus, the city which had been occupied for over seven thousand years, was lost. It was renamed Moria, Sindarian for "Black Pit".

On January 12th, 3019 of the Third Age, the Fellowship of the Ring led by Gandalf the Grey entered the Mines.....

Saruman - "You fear to go into those mines, Gandalf.
The Dwarves delved too greedily and too deep.
You know what they awoke in the darkness of Khazad-dm Shadow and Flame."

The Westgate

Gimli - "Look! The Walls of Moria!

Frodo - "Speak friend and enter. Gandalf, what's the Elvish word for friend?"
Gandalf - "Melloc!"

Boromir - "This is no mine. It's a tomb! We make for the Gap of Rohan. We should have never come here!"

Gandalf - "We have but one choice. We must face the long dark of Moria.
Be on your guard, there are older, and fouler things than Orks in the deep places of the world.
Quietly now, it's a four day journey to the other side. Let us hope our presence my go unnoticed...."

The Halls of Durin

Gandalf - "Let me risk a little more light. Behold! The Halls of Dwarrowdelf!"

Gimli - "Roaring Fires! Malt beer! My cousin Balin would give us a warm welcome! And they call it a Mine! A Mine!"

After the events of The Hobbit, the three Dawrves Balin, Oin, and Ori among others set out on an expedition to reclaim Moria. After successfully entering the city, they soon realized that they could not hold onto it. Endless goblins poured through the shafts, who had reoccupied Moria after the Dwarves left.

Oin was slain by the Watcher in the Water.
And something moved in the shadows around them. Something unseen.

The Chamber of Mazarbul

Gimli - "Noooo!"
Gandalf - "Gimli!!"

Balin, Lord of Moria, was mortally wounded and died from his injuries. He was laid to rest in the Chamber of Mazarbul. Realizing that the situation was hopeless, the few surviving Dwarves made their last stand in the chamber against the goblins. Ori wrote his final excepts in the Book of Mazarbul that he had on hand.

Gandalf - " 'Here lies Balin. Son of Fundin. Lord of Moria.' He is dead then, it is as I had feared."

From the Book of Mazarbul: "They have taken the bridge and the second hall.
We have barred the gates but cannot hold them for long.
The ground shakes. Drums drums in the deep.
A Shadow moves in the dark.
We cannot get out.
They are coming."

Zirak-Zigil

Gandalf the White - "From the lowest dungeon to the highest peak I fought with the Balrog of Morgoth.
Until at last I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside."

In an Age long forgotten, a staircase to the heavens was created by Durin the Deathless. Anyone who ever made it to the top of the Silverstine could see an endless array of clouds sweeping over the landscape. So high up, that no one could ever see it, for the summit was clouded like Mount Olympus was in Greek mythology. Carved into the living rock of the summit.

After Gandalf fell, he spent ten days maneuvering tunnels, chasing the Balrog. Until their final showdown occurred on Zirak-Zigil.

Gandalf defeats the Balrog, casting him down from the mountaintop. However, he succumbs to his own battle wounds and drifts between this world and the afterlife. Unable to bring back Gandalf, the Valar urge Eru (the supreme deity of the Middle Earth realm) to reanimate his body.
Gandalf breathes in life once more, and is sent back until his task is complete.

Gandalf - "Fool of a Took! Throw your own Total Miner pictures into a spoiler next time and rid us of your stupidity!"

References:

Information on the Mines of Moria
Information on Balrogs
Chamber of Mazarbul
Durin Statues
The Westgate
Zirak-Zigil

I have not completed the Bridge of Kazad-Dum yet, so stay tuned for that! And don't miss my Amon Hen and Parth Galen update that is to come in a few days!  :D
You make me smile!

LG Clash

• Elite Member
  • 総鉱夫ルール
  • Awards 2 years on site+300 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel!
    • Awards
  • Xbox: ClashWithLG
  • PSN: PSN Is Garbage
  • Steam: To Poor to afford a PC
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2015, 04:46:52 PM »
Never really cared for lord of the rings, but these builds look nice!

Dauntless395

• Legendary Member
  • The Ecchi King
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2015, 12:37:04 AM »
Parth Galen: Forgotten Ruins

After the Fellowships's journey down the Great Anduin, they stopped for rest at Parth Galen. Seated just below the outcropping of Amon Hen, Parth Galen served as part of a larger palace to the great Numenorean Kings of old.

After several millennia of weathering, Parth Galen was reduced to no more than scattered forgotten ruins by the Fellowship's arrival.
It was here that Boromir confronts Frodo, and succumbs to the Ring's corruptive power. Boromir tries to take the Ring from Frodo, but Frodo puts it on and vanishes out of sight...

What is supposedly an open sarcophagus. Perhaps grave robbers may have looted it long ago.

Boromir - "I see it in your eyes! YOU WILL TAKE THE RING TO SAURON! Curse you! Curse you! And all of the Halflings-"

Amon Hen: The Seat of Seeing

Amon Hen, also known as the Hill of the Eye or the Seat of Seeing, was one of the northern outposts of the realm of Gondor during the second age. Built with the strength of Numenor, Amon Hen and its twin on the other side of the Anduin, Amon Lhaw (Hill of Hearing) allowed Gondor to be forewarned of incoming invasions.
Amon Hen's Seat allowed the viewer to see great distances. Amon Lhaw could allow the listener to hear for miles on end, which made this area perfect for rapid response and alert for Gondor.

The area fell out of use and into ruin.
After Boromir tried to take the Ring from Frodo, Frodo quickly rushed up the stairs of Amon Hen and hid on the Seat. There, he was able to glimpse into Mordor and see the Eye of Sauron as it haunted him with its fiery gaze.

Observing how the Ring's corruptive power could sway someone as noble and stern as Boromir, Frodo knew that eventually the Ring would corrupt the entire Fellowship. Frodo made the hardest decision; he would make the journey to Mordor alone.

This could be said that by making the decision to go alone, he possessed the greatest courage of all.

Aragorn ushered him to make haste as a pack of Orcs came to take the Hobbits prisoner.
Boromir was killed trying to defend Merry and Pipin. Sam and Frodo left for Mordor.

The Fellowship was broken. But not without hope.

Aragorn to Frodo - "I would have followed you to the end. Into the very fires of Mordor! Go, make haste!

Gimli - "The Fellowship has failed."
Aragorn - "Not if we hold true to each other. We will not abandon Merry and Pippin to their deaths. Not while we have strength left! Let's hunt some Ork."

Parth Galen
Information on Amon Hen

"It's like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones.... that really mattered."

« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 04:30:05 PM by Dauntless395 »
You make me smile!

The Gold Knight

• Legendary Member
  • Ya hoser
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners Top contributors to the forum downloads. 4 years on site+1000 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts Former MotM winners 1 year on site+100 posts Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13)
    • View Profile
    • Insert Clickbait Title Here!
    • Awards
  • Other: 何
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2015, 01:34:26 AM »
Every time I come to this topic, I remain baffled at the amazingness that is your work. I especially like your work on Amon Hen: The Seat of Seeing, as it brings back memories of an old Lord of the Rings game I use to play on the Playstation 2. It has a nice nostalgia factor to it. Next time your working on this map, you should totally invite me so I can see in person the majesty that is your work. ;)