Author Topic: [Construction] The Final Frontier  (Read 1115 times)

Dauntless395

• Legendary Member
  • The Ecchi King
  • Awards Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) Former MotM winners Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 3 years on site Awarded to exemplary forum members Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Dauntless395
  • PSN: Dauntless395
[Construction] The Final Frontier
« on: July 31, 2014, 08:01:05 PM »

"The Best theme park around! Safer than Disney's Animal Kingdom! No one died yet!"
- The New York Times

"$18 for a hamburger and drink?! What a ripoff!"
- some tourist

A Handy Guide for Theme Park-Goers

Welcome to the The Final Frontier, the theme park of tomorrow, today! This exclusive park, set high above the Earth, allows tourist will barrels of money to relive their favorite space movies and video games! From a Galaxy Far Far away, to the grim dark future of the 41st Millennium, each and every tourist will come here, empty their pockets full of money, and cry waterfalls as they long to return next year with their vacation money.

After your make a transfer flight in Atlanta, The best place to park your ship is, well you guessed it, the parking lot! Be sure to leave some room for our other guests. The pay stations tell you with a notify script exactly how much it costs to park there.

The Gate Entrances are modeled after Universal Studios Florida Archway and Universal Studios Islands of Adventure Port of Entry. See spoiler for comparison.
Spoiler for Hidden Content:

Visit the information kiosk, and they will direct you to where you want to go. Through the Golden Arch gate lies the Star Wars rides, and through the Lighthouse Gate lies High Charity: the Halo and Dawn of War rides.

More pictures in the spoiler below:
Convenient ATMs courtesy of JD Dragon 7
Notify Scripts used.

The alpaca who was given a pilot's license can't find a place to park

This map uses quite a number of Notify, Teleport and Paste Scripts. Most of which open doors, teleport to new realms, and give NPC speech without having to utilize or talk to them. I have divided the rest of this thread into the different rides available. I will point out the basic objective, as well as provide my own commentary on its construction and uniqueness of the ride in relation to the others. Every ride utilizes a different technique.

So hold onto your butts, set phasers to 'medium well', and engage the hyperdrive. Because we are boldly going where no one has gone before!

Our first stop is High Charity: the Holy Covenant City. Here showcases our first two rides in question: Halo ODST Prepare to Drop, and Warhammer 40,000: Space Hulk.
Present within the city is also the Chamber of the Hierarchs, which allows tourists to travel to the Star Wars exhibit, and the Mausoleum of the Arbiter. The Mausoleum is meant for anyone wishing to engrave their name in the sands of time. For there are no "Hall of Fame" leaderboards up here. Just those with money, and those whose kids spent theirs.

Features the Forerunner Keystone

Spoiler for more pictures:
The back side. The pink Phantom is where one is teleported to
Inside the Chamber of the Hierarchs.

"Here lies the Vanguard of the Great Journey. Each Arbiter born and consumed in times of extraordinary crisis." - The Prophet of Truth

Here is our first ride! Your mission: board the Covenant Carrier, set the charges in the control room, and eliminate all hostiles in your way.
Boarding the Carrier is conducted by dropping in an ODST Drop Pod over the target. You have two choices: the hard one that requires dodging, or the easy side; which is just falling straight down without any consequences. Once inside, you and your fire teammate must make your way to the control room and blow it up.
Good luck, be the soldier we need you to be.

Some of the actual drop:

More pictures in spoiler:

In the grim dark future, evil lurks in every corner of the galaxy. Some so terrifying, your children won't be able to sleep without a spotlight for weeks!
Well here at the Final Frontier, we have capitalized on this fear with our ride Space Hulk. This ride was inspired by the cinematic cutscene from Dawn of War: Chaos Rising, in which the heroes must board the Judgement of Carrion to discover a lost logic engine.
On this ride, you and a squad of Teminator Marines must board the Space Hulk, find out what happened to your Apothecary Galan, and escape the ship. But beware, the space hulk is a maze of dead ends, traps, and bloodthirsty monsters...
No light is aboard the ship, so you must use the Amulet of Starlight to see.

This concludes the Halo exhibit, the rest of the rides are in the Star Wars zone. To access the rides, one must board the Inquisitor Super Star Destroyer. Here you can relive your favorite space battles of the Star Wars Universe. There is an Episode I, III, and IV ride.
I will introduce the rides in order of complexity and difficulty to ride.

One of the most unique experiences about these Star Wars rides is that they utilize Fly Zones. To operate, a player is given fly permission and allowed to fly through concentric platinum rings. If the player goes too far outside the rings, he/she falls to their death.

Another key feature is the Notify script. Pink notify script blocks are laid out around the ride for ease of finding. Once looked at, the notify script will activate, usually dialogue from the Star Wars movie. This allows one to continue flying at light speed, look at the script block, and continue flying while reading the dialogue. This ensures one does not have to stop the fun to read the NPCs!

Examples from the Trench Run:

If you have seen the Star Wars movies (which you better have!  >:() you know the objective is to fly through the trench and destroy the Death Star. I will be uploading an example flight to demonstrate this more clearly later.

Spoiler for more pictures:

"Remember, the Force will be with you. Always..."

This ride is the space battle over Naboo, in which Anakin Skywalker must pilot his newly acquired Naboo Starfighter against the Trade Federation Droid Control Ship.
There are two paths, one with sentry turrets trying to kill you, the other with even more turrets trying to kill you. You get aboard the ship, crash land, push a really big "DO NOT PRESS" self destruct button (I dont know why a ship comes equipped with such a button :P) and escape.
The player is still bound by the fly zone features of the Ep IV Trench Run.

My personal favorite of the map! This space battle takes place above Coruscant in the very beginning of Episode III. Take to the skies with Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi as you attempt to rescue Chancellor Palpatine from the new threat, General Grevious.
This behemoth is quite the roller coaster. There is a drop through the wreckage of a fallen Munificent Class Frigate, a 180 degree turn, fighter attack, and a twister turn from missiles. It is highly recommended that one complete Episode I and IV's ride before this one to get the feel for maneuvering.

Relieve your picture addiction below!
Shot from falling through the wreckage

Once inside the Providence Crusier, break Chancellor Palpatine out with a Get out of Jail Free card, and make your way to the command deck. Blah Blah Blah Grevious escapes, and you escape!

Palpatine is the Zombie, General Grevious is the Robotic, and Count Dookuu is the Skeleton

What theme park isn't complete without an overpriced dining restaurant?!?! Head on over to the Palpatine Smokehouse, located inside the Imperial Star Destroyer shootin' lasers at the Blockade Runner.
Here you can try the Bantha Beef, Geonosian Tomatoes, and other food you would never dare try unless you were trapped in the walls of an amusement park. The Pizza is courtesy of JD Dragon 7!

A good view of... next to nothing from the window seat :P
Also I designed the central drink fountain from my Three Broomsticks Restaurant I built in Diagon Alley on my Civilizations map! I liked the design of the cylinders ontop of crates so much, I ported the idea over to here.

There are some problems with the map. Currently the map sits at 10.2MB, so it's quite the map to try to load into. The different rides are scattered across the edges of the map, so many people have a hard time loading them in. Also there is a bug with the doors, where one key can open any locked door on the map. That and some people say their key doesn't open the doors at all :P

So in conclusion, this counts as my Adventure/Challenge map that incorporates my love of the Star Wars, Halo, and Warhammer Universes. I don't really host it that often, seeing as I have bigger fish to fry. So if you would like to see the map in person, send me a PM via the forums or xbox live.
Also I have way more pictures of this. Let me know if you want to see more.
I will be doing a demonstration video of the Star Wars rides to show everyone exactly how it is supposed to work.

Hope you enjoyed your visit, see us soon!

External Links:

« Last Edit: January 01, 2017, 02:22:15 PM by Dauntless395 »
You make me smile!

Dauntless395

• Legendary Member
  • The Ecchi King
  • Awards Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) Former MotM winners Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 3 years on site Awarded to exemplary forum members Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: The Final Frontier
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2014, 08:02:47 PM »
Reserving for more rides, hiring zookeepers, and ways to extort guests in the park.

« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 09:58:14 AM by Dauntless395 »
You make me smile!

Quadraphinic

• Elite Member
  • Awards Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) Awarded for extraordinary testing services to our game. 2 years on site Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Quadraphinic
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2014, 08:09:43 PM »
Great pics Daunt. If you haven't visited this map yet it's a lot of fun, great builds, and some good and cool use of scripts.
Cheers Quad
Assume Nothing, Question Everything, Start Thinking
"The delightful and ever-novel pleasure of a useless occupation." Henri de Regnier
I'm fluent in 3 languages...English, Sarcasm, & Profanity
I do not fear insanity, I rather enjoy it!

DiamondBack662

• Legendary Member
  • Pauperes commilitones Christi Templique Solomonici
  • Awards 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: DiamondBack662
  • Steam: DiamondBack662
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2014, 08:25:31 PM »
Awesome Job!

YoungSykotic182

• Supreme Member
  • The Demi-God giving Cold Sore King
  • Awards 3 years on site Awarded for extraordinary testing services to our game. Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13) Former MotM winners 2 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • @YoungSykotic182
    • Awards
  • Xbox: YoungSykotic182
  • Steam: YoungSykotic182
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2014, 09:07:18 PM »
Very nice! Love how it turned out!

Dauntless395

• Legendary Member
  • The Ecchi King
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2014, 02:22:13 AM »
I have made a demonstration video of exactly how one of the fly zone Star Wars rides works.
This will help explain how I utilized the fly zones, and incorporated the Star Wars theme into it. The platinum rings denote the fly zone, so anyone who flies too far out will likely plummet to their death. The fly zone is also inside the trench; fly too high and you fall right back in.
I also added a little picture-in-picture video of the actual Star Wars Trench Run footage, just to give a good idea of what is happening on the ride.

Kudos to anyone who can spot the hidden Starbucks logo!

I normally zip through the ride at the fastest fly speed, but I slowed down so the notify scripts can be read.
You make me smile!

Trubtavium Recordsmith VII

• Supreme Member
  • Do you wanna see the Galaxy?
  • Awards Former MotM winners Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13) 5 years on site 4 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 3 years on site 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Trubstep Record
  • Steam: Trubstep_Record
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2014, 02:26:15 AM »
I have made a demonstration video of exactly how one of the fly zone Star Wars rides works.
This will help explain how I utilized the fly zones, and incorporated the Star Wars theme into it. The platinum rings denote the fly zone, so anyone who flies too far out will likely plummet to their death. The fly zone is also inside the trench; fly too high and you fall right back in.
I also added a little picture-in-picture video of the actual Star Wars Trench Run footage, just to give a good idea of what is happening on the ride.

Kudos to anyone who can spot the hidden Starbucks logo!

I normally zip through the ride at the fastest fly speed, but I slowed down so the notify scripts can be read.

Daunty, that was amazing xD Exactly how much work went into making that?

Dauntless395

• Legendary Member
  • The Ecchi King
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2014, 02:31:58 AM »
Daunty, that was amazing xD Exactly how much work went into making that?

Just about an hour or so on a movie editor. It was actually quite fun to make!

All of these rides and challenges play out perfectly in my head, but it's hard to get others to understand exactly what I'm thinking.
Especially that first dive into the trench at 30 seconds in, it's one of my favorite parts of the movie. Trying to build that effect as a ride, especially with hundreds of fly zones, is quite painstaking, and players may not understand what is happening.

That's why making a fun video like this helps convey how I envision it.

Also as a side note, the notify scripts at the beginning when the wings "report in" is from Family Guy. I couldnt find the clip or audio of that part that wasn't in German :P
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 02:33:43 AM by Dauntless395 »
You make me smile!

Clerical

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Pixel Artist And Tester
  • Awards Awarded for extraordinary testing services to our game. Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Unique Content Contributors 3 years on site 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: TM Clerical
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2014, 05:26:42 AM »
By far one of my favorite opening posts for a world, So many wonderful pictures

Pixel artist, Map Creator, TotalMiner Tester

Jack Of Shades

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2014, 06:48:27 AM »
Wow! I need to see this in-game. I must! :D

YoungSykotic182

• Supreme Member
  • The Demi-God giving Cold Sore King
  • Awards 3 years on site Awarded for extraordinary testing services to our game. Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13) Former MotM winners 2 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • @YoungSykotic182
    • Awards
  • Xbox: YoungSykotic182
  • Steam: YoungSykotic182
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2014, 12:40:56 PM »
That was an excellent video! Loved it!

Jectz

• Supreme Member
  • Jectz.
  • Awards Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site 4 years on site 3 years on site 2 years on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Xtrxmez
  • Steam: Rejectz12
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2014, 01:15:16 PM »
Amazing pictures,
And an amazing video!
Welcome, come on inside...

DiamondBack662

• Legendary Member
  • Pauperes commilitones Christi Templique Solomonici
  • Awards 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: DiamondBack662
  • Steam: DiamondBack662
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2014, 07:39:31 PM »
My favorite new Youboober!!

Faint of Clubs

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Faintcub7332217
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2015, 03:38:47 AM »
Wow, i just saw this post on a list of worlds. :p
I'm sorry to have stolen your world name apparently :3
My latest space project (no way related to or similar i promise) is named 'Final Frontier' :D
That guy with dem scripts.

Dauntless395

• Legendary Member
  • The Ecchi King
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2015, 09:14:33 AM »
Wow, i just saw this post on a list of worlds. :p
I'm sorry to have stolen your world name apparently :3
My latest space project (no way related to or similar i promise) is named 'Final Frontier' :D

It doesn't bother me if someone has the same name as a world of my own. Personally I took the "Final Frontier" title from the Star Trek intro, "Space.... the final frontier! These are the voyages of the...." so I don't really own credit to the title anyways.
Feel free to keep the title of your RPG the same, as really no one here really owns the right to a forum thread title or a map title.
You make me smile!