Author Topic:  Sora1kg's Dynamic Challenge World  (Read 519 times)

a blue gecko

• Build to indulge and build to inspire.
  • Awards 2 years on site+300 posts Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13) 1 year on site+100 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: a blue gecko
Sora1kg's Dynamic Challenge World
« on: May 03, 2014, 01:18:43 PM »
This is a topic I am making for a friend. I have received permission from the map owner, Sora1kg to do this. I just could not let this wonderful creation go unnoticed.

I have no pictures but I will describe it as best as I can:

Firstly it is a challenge map. The lobbies are very well decorated and navigable. The decor maintains a lovely aesthetic all throughout. Ambient sounds and scenic designs are prevalent to establish a fine atmosphere. He has utilized 2.0's features to a great extent.

The challenges themselves are very balanced, and there are multiple types. None of them are boring, typical jump challenges.
- He has used scripts very effectively to simulate moving platforms like in Mario and Sonic.
- There is a spacious maze that involves finding buttons that temporarily open a gate at the beginning to proceed further, so you have to have decent memory and speed alike.
- There are a couple different ones that use timed platforms, one of which even has a large timer to display the countdown.
- There are a few water based challenges that were reminiscent of platforming elements in other various games, feelings I haven't experienced in any other challenge maps.
- My favorite though is his adventure challenge. It is a multiphase, fully detailed and very craftily laid out mountain climb. You start at a picturesque valley at the mountain foot, and work your way higher into treetops, a cave with mysterious flashing lights, a mountaintop gorge, and eventually the peak.

There are other great challenges as well, and he plans to add many more, including more adventure themed ones.

It is clear this builder is very skilled and puts true heart into his work. It really shows. I never found myself frustrated or bored by a longshot. I highly recommend anyone who sees Sora1kg hosting his world to join it. You will not regret it. I definitely plan to check back whenever I can. Even as I was exploring he was working on additions.

Jared

• Supreme Member
  • Maze/Trivia Builder & Previous Total Miner Tester
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 2 years on site+300 posts Former MotM winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Jeff McNewmen
  • PSN: Jeff_McNewmen
Re: Sora1kg's Dynamic Challenge World
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2014, 01:25:13 PM »
I wish I could see this wonderful world, but I rather not get kicked and messaged hurtful slurs every time I try to join or decline to help him. Quite a shame that I missed out on a good world.

《Thank You GK & Mysterio For These Astonishing Signitures!》

Clerical

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Pixel Artist And Tester
  • Awards Awarded for extraordinary testing services to our game. Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Unique Content Contributors 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: TM Clerical
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2014, 01:26:16 PM »
I have not seen Sora's recent world but i have seen his old challenge maps and can say he has some of the best challenges, Some may be to hard for many of you, but there mostly all original and things many could not come up with.

Pixel artist, Map Creator, TotalMiner Tester

a blue gecko

• Awards 2 years on site+300 posts Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13) 1 year on site+100 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2014, 01:28:27 PM »
I wish I could see this wonderful world, but I rather not get kicked and messaged hurtful slurs every time I try to join or decline to help him. Quite a shame that I missed out on a good world.

Hmm? What do you mean? He barely speaks English so that is unlikely haha.

a blue gecko

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2014, 01:31:11 PM »
I have not seen Sora's recent world but i have seen his old challenge maps and can say he has some of the best challenges, Some may be to hard for many of you, but there mostly all original and things many could not come up with.

I agree completely. This world is not very difficult, but it is still very fun thanks to his remarkable ingenuity. It was refreshing to try my hands at his unique challenges.

EpiiKxReaPz

• Awards 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13)
    • View Profile
    • gyazo
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Stallion83
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2014, 01:35:58 PM »
I have seen some of sora1kg's maps, and if anything I'd look up to him as a challenge builder, much better then all of the other ones out there (not trying to sound rude) but he takes soo much time to do these. So I can give him props

a blue gecko

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2014, 10:20:06 PM »
I have seen some of sora1kg's maps, and if anything I'd look up to him as a challenge builder, much better then all of the other ones out there (not trying to sound rude) but he takes soo much time to do these. So I can give him props

I agree. His work is unlike any I've seen in regards to clear effort and general detail, in the challenge scene (aside from Supernovasunset). He also tests his challenges extensively and always asks for feedback so he knows how to give players a great experience.

Jectz

• Supreme Member
  • Jectz.
  • Awards Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts 4 years on site+1000 posts 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Xtrxmez
  • Steam: Rejectz12
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2014, 10:27:20 PM »
I have joined his maps, and he spends loads of time and effort. On his Deathmatch he had he put more effort than i've ever seen before on one. His Challenges are all pure genius, they are original and just plain out fun and always an enjoyment to any. He always has been asking me to test his maps, and im always offering because i know i will see a even better challenge day after day. I must say he is in my opinion the best Challenge Maker known on TMF. 11/10 for all his maps :D
Welcome, come on inside...