Author Topic:  Space  (Read 2658 times)

Trubtavium Recordsmith VII

• Supreme Member
  • Do you wanna see the Galaxy?
  • Awards Former MotM winners Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13) 4 years on site+1000 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Trubstep Record
  • Steam: Trubstep_Record
Re: Space
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2013, 08:02:11 PM »
So grub do you think the universe is infinite? And if its not whats at the end of the universe a wall or what?
I have a feeling this is gonna my most replied topic :P i love space!
Well Mr. Reapz, i personally believe that the universe is like a planet, if you go far enough, you'll wind up back where you started. Not specifically a sphere, but something with no edges.

EpiiKxReaPz

• Awards 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13)
    • View Profile
    • gyazo
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Stallion83
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2013, 08:19:06 PM »
I have a feeling this is gonna my most replied topic :P i love space!
Well Mr. Reapz, i personally believe that the universe is like a planet, if you go far enough, you'll wind up back where you started. Not specifically a sphere, but something with no edges.
Ok but what if you just hit a wall? All you do is hit a wall which makes a catastrophic storm on earth? What if it was endless and all you do is go straight and find new planets but know that you can't report it? But think about the wall
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 08:21:07 PM by EpiiKxReaPz »

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Former MotM winners Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13) 4 years on site+1000 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2013, 08:23:13 PM »
Ok but what if you just hit a wall? All you do is hit a wall which makes a catastrophic storm on earth? What if it was endless and all you do is go straight and find new planets but know that you can't report it? But think about the wall
Well we can look back in time to see the beginning of th universe. So there must be a center. But i doubt there is an edge 14 billion years later and this universe has an edge already? There are some stars that can live for trillions of years because they consume their fuel at a very slow rate.

EpiiKxReaPz

• Awards 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13)
    • View Profile
    • gyazo
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Stallion83
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2013, 08:28:30 PM »
Well we can look back in time to see the beginning of th universe. So there must be a center. But i doubt there is an edge 14 billion years later and this universe has an edge already? There are some stars that can live for trillions of years because they consume their fuel at a very slow rate.
That is true we would have to think when the universe was smaller because if we don't no ONE WILL EVER REACH THE END of the universe! So I would agree with you we have to think about it when it was smaller

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2013, 12:01:29 AM »
That is true we would have to think when the universe was smaller because if we don't no ONE WILL EVER REACH THE END of the universe! So I would agree with you we have to think about it when it was smaller
But thinking about the past wont get us anywhere, it just gives us predictions, well... everything will give us nothing but predictions. The scary thing for me is that some advanced civilization several trillion years from now have these insanely strong telescopes and are looking into the past... at us. Geeze I just thought of this now! Right now whatever we're looking at in the past doesn't even know that we're coming in a few billion years. Then there is something watching us (if aliens exist, btw whats your opinion on aliens guys?) and looking at how primitive we are compared to them..

Dig deeper

• Awards 1 year on site+100 posts Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2013, 07:16:55 PM »
Nasa thinks it is flat to a margin of 0.4

Stormthorn

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: WafleHouse 4Tet
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2013, 10:59:02 PM »
Any of you hear about the star Betelgeuse? Its in the orion constellation and is very close to causing a supernova! Apparently it'll be larger than a full moon and will be visible during the day.

It is very close to being observable as having gone supernova. The star may well be a big cloud of searing gas by now and we wouldn't know.

Note: The universe may well have an outer bounds for how far matter and light has reached, but you will not reach it. No one will without very powerful FTL tech. Everything beyond a certain distance is moving away from us faster than the speed of light.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 11:02:02 PM by Stormthorn »

Spoiler for Hidden Content:

Keaton Potatoes

• Elite Member
  • It's always Christmas in Gotham muhahaha
  • Awards 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Probadcop999
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2013, 11:58:19 PM »
What if after a certain point there's like nothingness, no cells or anything o.O

Keaton Potatoes

• Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2013, 12:09:41 AM »
What if our universe is actually the center of the universe, and outside of our universe is just void and uninhabitable, like a giant area of nothingness, or what if the universe is actually a giant black hole, and our universe is just a little speck inside of it.

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2013, 12:17:28 AM »
I kinda like the simpsons intro where the universe is just skin cells within a homer in a universe that is to scale with that homer.

Keaton Potatoes

• Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2013, 12:25:50 AM »
Inception :O

crazybobl

• <Insert witty comment here>
  • Awards Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2013, 01:15:36 AM »
Well we can look back in time to see the beginning of th universe. So there must be a center. 
Not quite! The reason you're able to look back in time is due to the immense amount of time it takes light to travel through large amounts of space. The objects that you're looking at billions of years into the past likely don't even exist anymore. Same goes for a supposed center if you were able to look back far enough.

Every point in space was initially crammed into a singularity before the big bang and expanded outward after it.
Think of blowing up a balloon with space being the surface of said balloon; either every single point in space is the center, or there is no center. Doesn't really make a difference either way, so take your pick. :)
-crazybobl

Stormthorn

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: WafleHouse 4Tet
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2013, 07:42:14 PM »
Inside the spoiler below is the earth. The image is very large. It has the earth, all of it, lit up by a the sun. It is in the far left high resolution area. That is us. An image captured from six billion kilometers away. All that we have been and have done. Everything we are. It can be hard to comprehend the majesty of space, to truely know the vastness and power, with mere numbers. Humans need scale to gain perspective. This is what humanity measures up as in a photo taken from just across our own cosmic backyard. One speck of blue dust swirling about in the library of god.

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2016, 01:25:04 AM »
Bump. The Juno satellite is gonna reach Jupiter today! You Americans should really enjoy that NASA's satellite launched 5 years ago is reaching orbit around the largest planet in our solar system on your Independence Day.

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Jack Of Shades Youtube Gaming Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2016, 01:38:59 AM »
Bump. The Juno satellite is gonna reach Jupiter today! You Americans should really enjoy that NASA's satellite launched 5 years ago is reaching orbit around the largest planet in our solar system on your Independence Day.
None of the American children here give a damn about that. They only care about what is going on on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Youtube. Whereas I, actually find that interesting. I recall when they launched it. I was just turning 21.