Author Topic: [Other] Community Made Avatars (Unlockables)  (Read 9369 times)

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
  • Awards Developer 4 years on site+1000 posts 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Awards
[Other] Community Made Avatars (Unlockables)
« on: August 04, 2013, 09:33:10 PM »
It's come to my attention people are still making Avatars hoping for them to be included in the game.

There was a post I made somewhere that I'm no longer accepting community avatar submissions because we are redesigning the avatar system. But I can't find the post.

So to anyone currently or thinking of designing some avatars for the game, please understand they will not be added to the game because the new avatar system will be replacing everything avatar related.

Craig

Warmod

• Fresh Meat
  • No Remorse
    • View Profile
    • Intact Gaming Community
    • Awards
  • Xbox: WARM0D
Re: Community Made Avatars (Unlockables)
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2013, 09:43:12 PM »
Thanks for this Topic.

RF Inn The Jet

• Supreme Member
  • I love this community, You read my name wrong ;)
  • Awards 1 year on site+100 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 4 years on site+1000 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Former MotM winners Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Get Inn The Jet
  • PSN: Get_Inn_The_Jet
  • Steam: Get_Inn_The_Jet
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2013, 10:11:09 PM »
Just a quick Question, will the old avatars be saved? by this I mean will people keep their avatars that they unlocked, but just in the new design.
Host of Communicraft

Thanks GK +Grim

The Gold Knight

• Elite Member
  • Ya hoser
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts Former MotM winners 1 year on site+100 posts Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13)
    • View Profile
    • Insert Clickbait Title Here!
    • Awards
  • Other: 何
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2013, 10:13:03 PM »
What if we were to draw up concept art instead of just building them?

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
  • Awards Developer 4 years on site+1000 posts 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2013, 10:17:42 PM »
Just a quick Question, will the old avatars be saved? by this I mean will people keep their avatars that they unlocked, but just in the new design.
That is the intention.

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2013, 10:18:37 PM »
What if we were to draw up concept art instead of just building them?
If you like. But I'm not going to have time to consider any until next year.

Pringle

• Legendary Member
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: pringle2009
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2013, 10:25:01 PM »
Dang, I just made 128 avatar models over the last 2 months...
https://m.

Silver

• Elite Member
  • I write stories. What else do you need to know?!
  • Awards 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts Former MotM winners Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2013, 02:29:03 AM »
Does this mean in the near future the avatar system is going to be rebuilt? Perhaps update 2.1... hopefully bone animation will come with that too! :D

Sexy Hippo

• Sexiest Hippo on the Forums!
  • Awards 1 year on site+100 posts Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13)
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
    • Awards
  • Xbox: xLOLxTSNOOPS
  • Steam: xLOLxTSNOOPS
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2013, 12:22:53 PM »
How wil this work? By this I mean like how will the whole thing look and be used or implemented into the game? Will it be a objective to unlock the skin? Will it be something like buying the skins or will it be like putting the skins in yourself?
"To all who walk the dark path and to those who walk in the sunshine but hold out a hand in the darkness to travel beside us. Brighter days are coming."

Iceninja

• Elite Member
  • Just call me Ice ^-^
  • Awards 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Mist Of reality
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2013, 10:25:05 PM »
where did they make them

RHYMES! :D
Ice i will say, freeze i shall obey.

Clerical

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Pixel Artist And Tester
  • Awards Awarded for extraordinary testing services to our game. Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Unique Content Contributors 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: TM Clerical
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2013, 11:55:48 AM »
avatars will still be unlockables, aka do things to earn the avatars, the avatars need to be replaced as each avatar takes up alot of ram. so we can't improve them, and there all different shape and size which has there own complications.

in the future the plan is to have mine craft like cuboid's. as they are efficient.
also we can then make the armer actually appear on the avatars and not just as an invisible cloak.

hoping to have joins in the arms and knees so move well and to improve combat.

bone animation is coming but its a lot of work.
Craig is giving us a lot in the next update and future ones to distract us while he dose some serious work.

Thats the plan anyway to my knowledge. welcome to fill in the blanks.

Pixel artist, Map Creator, TotalMiner Tester

Clerical

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Pixel Artist And Tester
  • Awards Awarded for extraordinary testing services to our game. Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Unique Content Contributors 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: TM Clerical
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2013, 11:58:06 AM »
avatars will still be unlockables, aka do things to earn the avatars, the avatars need to be replaced as each avatar takes up alot of ram. so we can't improve them, and there all different shape and size which has there own complications.

in the future the plan is to have mine craft like cuboid's. as they are efficient.
also we can then make the armer actually appear on the avatars and not just as an invisible cloak.

hoping to have joins in the arms and knees so move well and to improve combat.

bone animation is coming but its a lot of work.
Craig is giving us a lot in the next update and future ones to distract us while he dose some serious work.

Maby in the future we could possible have our avatars in the game if they meet the requirements but there is a lot to do before that, just keep your avatars as ideas or make them for fun but don't expect anything soon. all the avatars will change a lot in the future.

Thats the plan anyway to my knowledge. welcome to fill in the blanks.

Pixel artist, Map Creator, TotalMiner Tester

A Simple Gamer

• Elite Member
  • Don't let your memes be memes
  • Awards 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts Former MotM winners Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2013, 12:56:16 PM »
I wanna say it'll be like this:

We would have three primary sizes:
Tall
Medium
Small.

Each one of those would have the current avatars to be chose from. I.E /gk would be optional if you chose to equip the tall model. Sage if you chose the small model.
My Threads
Miner Of The Month for July 2013!
I Play Destiny too much
Long live Spooky Ghost!

HiiPiie

• Eat Acid. HiiPiie. Eat Acid. Lowcakee. Eat Acid.
  • Awards 2 years on site+300 posts Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • http://totalminerforums.net/index.php?PHPSESSID=9q4ut00makn6l11e04qrv8fis3&topic=2300.msg24140#msg24140
    • Awards
  • Xbox: xSo HiiPiie
  • PSN: Breezy_O
  • Steam: The_Real_HiiPiie
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2013, 03:16:02 AM »
The Hippy better be awesome Craig or ill cry until every world on TM floods with rainbow blocks. :D

"Follow the path of justice and receive hate, but follow the path of evil and you'll go down in history."
. - HiiPiie

TRex

• Elite Member
  • Old dog of the Forums
  • Awards Former MotM winners 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: SpindlierT Rex
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2013, 02:32:56 AM »
I wanna say it'll be like this:

We would have three primary sizes:
Tall
Medium
Small.

Each one of those would have the current avatars to be chose from. I.E /gk would be optional if you chose to equip the tall model. Sage if you chose the small model.

From what I understood was avatars would be made of cuboids of different sizes is what martin explained.  So having different races is a good possiblity. 
What I am hoping for is an online editor simalar to some of the MC ones where you get 3D models and you can texture them.  Then they could be saved to an online Library.  This way we the community could make hundreds of outfits and take some of the effort of the devlopers.  I would be willing to do it myself making generic outfits for all the races we have now and some new ones.  This way we can have villages with all kinds of NPC filling them instead of having 1 King for one race we could have 10 kings for every race.  Diversity will make this game great.