Author Topic:  Bioshock General Discussion  (Read 576 times)

The Doctor

• Big Boss
  • Awards Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13) Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: iDeclando
Bioshock General Discussion
« on: April 27, 2013, 09:04:46 AM »
A place where all three bioshock games can be discussed.

Starting off with Infinite, I'm not the only one who thought the story got absolutely ridiculous at the end, right? The only knock-on effect I can see is
Spoiler for Hidden Content:
Songbird's presence in Rapture, if there are any extraordinary minds left in rapture they could definitely use songbird's technology to do something bizarre.

Also is 1999 mode worth it? Hard was too easy.

Free Signatures, Desktop Backgrounds, Anything you want here http://totalminerforums.net/index.php?topic=909.0

Evesy

• Elite Member
  • Game Hoarder
  • Awards 2 years on site+300 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Evesyy
Re: Bioshock General Discussion
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2013, 09:42:29 AM »
1999 Mode just isn't worth it, enemies just become bullet spongy, no mechanics change. It's still easy (except for Handymen, they're a pain) but there's no satisfaction to doing it. I'm about halfway through and gave up due to boredom. The one run through was enough for me.
Xbox Gamertag: Evesyy
Steam ID: Evesy
Twitter: @MEvesy

The Doctor

• Big Boss
  • Awards Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13) Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: iDeclando
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2013, 09:47:35 AM »
1999 Mode just isn't worth it, enemies just become bullet spongy, no mechanics change. It's still easy (except for Handymen, they're a pain) but there's no satisfaction to doing it. I'm about halfway through and gave up due to boredom. The one run through was enough for me.

It got a bit spongy towards the end when you had to
Save Elizibeth from Comstock's experiments

Especially the patriots. But the story was the only thing this game had going for it, so I was unsure as to whether or not play 1999 mode, but thanks for telling me :D

Free Signatures, Desktop Backgrounds, Anything you want here http://totalminerforums.net/index.php?topic=909.0

Evesy

• Elite Member
  • Game Hoarder
  • Awards 2 years on site+300 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Evesyy
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2013, 09:51:38 AM »

It got a bit spongy towards the end when you had to
Save Elizibeth from Comstock's experiments

Especially the patriots. But the story was the only thing this game had going for it, so I was unsure as to whether or not play 1999 mode, but thanks for telling me :D

The story and the world were redeeming factors for the games shoddy gameplay... but still a good overall experience.
Xbox Gamertag: Evesyy
Steam ID: Evesy
Twitter: @MEvesy

A Simple Gamer

• Elite Member
  • Don't let your memes be memes
  • Awards 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts Former MotM winners Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2013, 11:52:20 AM »
I waaaant infinite so bad. But alas, I'm broke
My Threads
Miner Of The Month for July 2013!
I Play Destiny too much
Long live Spooky Ghost!

The White Wabbit

• Legendary Member
  • Are you a solo builder too?
  • Awards 2 years on site+300 posts Former MotM winners 1 year on site+100 posts Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Nobodies56
  • PSN: A_Blessed_Potato
  • Steam: Ray
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2013, 12:02:22 PM »
For me infinite was a let down since the story didn't feel any different each time you plqyed it and the ending was not really pulling my strings like bioshock 2 did and the first was so fun without the vita chambers enabled :D

Thanks GK for the new sig it looks great!

You may be able to teach a chimp to dance, but will he dance for your tune?

GoatOnTheMoon

• Supreme Member
  • YT: Nefty
  • Awards Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
    • Awards
  • Xbox: GoatOnTheMoon
  • PSN: N/A
  • Steam: GoatOnTheMoon
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2017, 12:19:34 PM »
I know this is an old old old thread but i recorded the remastered version of bioshock infinite when it came out and i just recently remembered to upload it to my new channel.

Will be replaying every one of the games so hopefully ill be able to uploaded the entire series.

Part 01:

Part 02:

Part 03:

Part 04:
« Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 03:49:13 PM by GoatOnTheMoon »

Fuertey

• Elite Member
  • Keyboard not found. Press F1 to continue.
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts 3 years on site+600 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Fuertey
  • Steam: Fuertey
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2017, 05:01:57 PM »
Your post just reminded me of this:

https://www.wingamestore.com/product/6157/Bioshock-The-Collection/

Not a bad deal if you don't have it on PC.