Author Topic:  Why didn't they finish what they promised?  (Read 1088 times)

XxirismoonxX

• Fresh Meat
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: StraitGolem
  • Steam: $ad boy$ @ skinhub.com
Why didn't they finish what they promised?
« on: August 18, 2017, 08:35:43 PM »
I just recently went back on Total Miner after a very very long time and came to the realization that the game was on its final update. As I was reading through the change log, I noticed that what was added was not close to what they had promised in future updates. This is by no means bashing the developers , I was just wondering how it played into the grand scheme of things. Whats the reasoning behind this?

Platinum Dryym

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: dryym
Re: Why didn't they finish what they promised?
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2017, 10:32:35 PM »
Well, Some things, Like the quest editor became obsolete with the additions made to scripts. Some things, Like infinite worlds had technical problems that could not be worked out in time, Other things just weren't a high enough priority.

In addition, The XBLIG system was getting shut down so the last months of the game's development on 360 were spent patching bugs and adding a few last features as a sendoff.

I am sure that most of these technical hurdles will be able to be crossed on PC and these features will be able to come to fruition in the future.

Creator of the term "Deathmine "
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym

Lunar

• Elite Member
  • The God of the Galaxy
  • Awards 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Qvzw
  • PSN: Widumn_Boise
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2017, 10:04:51 PM »
Updates on indie games arent allowed anymore, but either way this was a good time to move on to PC, but if none of that had happened and all went smoothly Im sure Craig wouldve added them soon.

November Jim

• Jr. Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners I shot the sherriff 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: vJamie xD
  • Steam: Jimalene
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2017, 05:39:21 AM »
Quite a number of things that were listed but never came such as infinite worlds should soon enough be released on the PC version once it's released. I don't know if they will be added as soon as the game is released, or if it will take a few updates to actually add them.

We just gotta wait and see.

3rd in the world to unlock Demigods
Jr Moderator given on January 2nd 2017
YouTube: Jimalene
bob [31|Dec 12:56 PM]: Howdy Jimster

TheDestinedCrab

• Legendary Member
  • Did you see that? Me neither.
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2017, 06:47:18 AM »
I don't know if they will be added as soon as the game is released, or if it will take a few updates to actually add them.

Don't quote me on this but I believe the current plan is to release big updates such as infinite worlds after the initial PC release.
Thanks Gold Knight for the amazing sig!

Gary

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Steam: Conmaan ... ... Discord: Conmaan #9586
  • Awards 1 year on site+100 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2017, 03:37:33 PM »
The game can no longer be updated on console because of restrictions placed on indie developers, however, a port is currently being made for PC that will eventually be updated to most likely include everything on the  "Future Updates" list.

Link to my youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo4rmelSOUB9YMM0Is-zWyQ