Author Topic:  Guess The Language  (Read 1423 times)

Curmescius

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: dryym
Re: Guess The Language
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2016, 11:25:26 AM »
Creating a funhouse topic and having people posting random things isn't going to make you fluent in a language lol just puting that out there
If you actually want to lean a new language then you'd do it by picking up a book or book or taking classes for it,not in a indie game forums fun house thread, silly William :P

To add on to this, You probably wouldn't learn much from me. I'm not going to be posting languages that you would probably ever want to use.

Creator of the term "Deathmine "
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym

TheDestinedCrab

• Legendary Member
  • Did you see that? Me neither.
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2016, 12:08:08 PM »
Creating a funhouse topic and having people posting random things isn't going to make you fluent in a language lol just puting that out there
If you actually want to lean a new language then you'd do it by picking up a book or book or taking classes for it,not in a indie game forums fun house thread, silly William :P

I never said the topic would make me fluent. Silly Edward :P . I just wanted to see which languages would be nice to learn :D

I'm taking online Swedish classes now anyway :P
Thanks Gold Knight for the amazing sig!

Trubtavium Recordsmith VII

• Supreme Member
  • Do you wanna see the Galaxy?
  • Awards Former MotM winners Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13) 4 years on site+1000 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Trubstep Record
  • Steam: Trubstep_Record
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2016, 04:02:45 PM »
Go learn Dutch, easiest language to learn as an English speaker. Sounds fun too.

TheDestinedCrab

• Legendary Member
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2016, 04:40:06 PM »
Go learn Dutch, easiest language to learn as an English speaker. Sounds fun too.

I'll see how Swedish goes, if it's bad then Dutch is necr in line :)

Thanks for the reccomendation! :D

Curmescius

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: dryym
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2016, 06:46:24 PM »

If you're looking for a bit of fun, Learn the Cyrillic alphabet. Even if you have no interest in the languages that use it, It's just a bit of fun, And it really shouldn't take more than a few days (And that's if you don't work too hard at it.)

Creator of the term "Deathmine "
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym

TheDestinedCrab

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2016, 06:48:42 PM »

If you're looking for a bit of fun, Learn the Cyrillic alphabet. Even if you have no interest in the languages that use it, It's just a bit of fun, And it really shouldn't take more than a few days (And that's if you don't work too hard at it.)

Thankyou :) I'll take a look tomorrow :D

II FerGie x 🍀

• Global Moderator
  • Legendary Member
  • Potato!
  • Awards Former MotM winners 4 years on site+1000 posts I AM THE LAW! Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: II FerGie x
  • PSN: II_FerGie_x
  • Steam: iifergiex
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2016, 08:06:29 AM »

This is easy, this is the English language. :D

Translate:
Dia duit, is mise Neil. Cn chaoi a bhfuil do l? T m an-Fond de prta.

TheDestinedCrab

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2016, 10:35:55 AM »

Translate:

Hmm... I'm not too familiar with that one.. Maybe Dutch?

But I thought it'd take a little longer to guess my language :D ::)

Here's mine :

Pojken r dricker mjlk ch ter brd. Flickan r dricker vatten ch ter ett apple. Jar et ter ric ch lser ett tiding.

( I hope i've written that correctly )

II FerGie x 🍀

• Global Moderator
  • Legendary Member
  • Potato!
  • Awards Former MotM winners 4 years on site+1000 posts I AM THE LAW! Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: II FerGie x
  • PSN: II_FerGie_x
  • Steam: iifergiex
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2016, 08:48:16 PM »

Translate:

Hmm... I'm not too familiar with that one.. Maybe Dutch?

But I thought it'd take a little longer to guess my language :D ::)

Here's mine :

Pojken r dricker mjlk ch ter brd. Flickan r dricker vatten ch ter ett apple. Jar et ter ric ch lser ett tiding.

( I hope i've written that correctly )

It was Irish, I guessed German but I've translated it now so I know what it is. :P

Sargnarg the Hardge Harg

• Extreme Member
  • Atlas Telamon
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts Former MotM winners Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: atlh3
  • Steam: The_Green_Condom
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2016, 04:27:46 PM »

Translate:
Wrong... He was speaking idiot. Noob

Miner of the Month for January 2014
But you can call me the salaminizer!
#BanAtlas