Author Topic: [Other] TM PC Modding API  (Read 22484 times)

The Gold Knight

• Legendary Member
  • My Forgeplex is better ;)
  • Awards 3 years on site Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 5 years on site Top contributors to the forum downloads. 4 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site Former MotM winners 1 year on site Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13)
    • View Profile
    • Insert Clickbait Title Here!
    • Awards
  • Other: 何
[Other] Re: TM PC Modding API
« Reply #195 on: January 03, 2018, 12:30:34 PM »
Is there anyway you or anyone who knows can make a video showing how to do the npc and item changing, just a quick overview to get to learn
There's two ways you could do it. If you read the modding API and go to items/npcs/whatever, you'll see how the start of each part of an xml includes some form of an ID tag. If you write in the id of something that already exists, you replace it, if you write in something new, it adds in a new thing. Simple.

Lunar

• Elite Member
  • The God of the Galaxy
  • Awards 3 years on site 2 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Qvzw
  • PSN: Widumn_Boise
Re: TM PC Modding API
« Reply #196 on: January 06, 2018, 01:18:28 AM »
Is there anyway you or anyone who knows can make a video showing how to do the npc and item changing, just a quick overview to get to learn
There's two ways you could do it. If you read the modding API and go to items/npcs/whatever, you'll see how the start of each part of an xml includes some form of an ID tag. If you write in the id of something that already exists, you replace it, if you write in something new, it adds in a new thing. Simple.
I understand that, I can do that, but the NPC is what i really want to know, do i make a component in game then make the component the npc file or like how does that work.

EDIT: I understand now, turns out I was reading the documentation and didn't understand, we're good, I do have to make a component.

crazytater94

• Supreme Member
  • Mastering TM since 2011
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members 5 years on site Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 3 years on site 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: crazytater94
  • PSN: crazytater94 (Inactive)
  • Steam: crazytater94
« Reply #197 on: May 13, 2018, 05:10:19 AM »
How do you define a hitbox for new NPCs? They don't take any damage when attacked.

AlienizdPixel

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Hello
  • Awards 3 years on site Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: A1ienizdPixe1
« Reply #198 on: May 13, 2018, 11:52:41 AM »
How do you define a hitbox for new NPCs? They don't take any damage when attacked.
Hitboxes are automatically created; your issue is likely that you have not set the NPC to be capable of combat, and as such you cannot hit it. This can be changed using behaviors.
-Alionz

crazytater94

• Supreme Member
  • Mastering TM since 2011
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members 5 years on site Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 3 years on site 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: crazytater94
  • PSN: crazytater94 (Inactive)
  • Steam: crazytater94
« Reply #199 on: May 23, 2018, 01:36:28 AM »
That is exactly what it was.

Now, when I hit the NPC, it plays the default player model noise. I supplied a sound file, and called upon ot for the ActorAudioData, but the sounds to not play. Do they have to be in a specific file format? I have them in .wav

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
  • Awards Developer 5 years on site 4 years on site 3 years on site 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Awards
  • Steam: tota1miner
« Reply #200 on: May 24, 2018, 07:41:13 AM »
That is exactly what it was.

Now, when I hit the NPC, it plays the default player model noise. I supplied a sound file, and called upon ot for the ActorAudioData, but the sounds to not play. Do they have to be in a specific file format? I have them in .wav

ActorAudioData.xml doesn't yet support specifying external sound files. It only allows specifying sound 'keys' used to identify the games existing built in sounds. I can post a list of these keys if you think it might help. To use external files, currently you need to do that using C#. I have plans to support external files from XML but it will be after multiplayer.