Author Topic: [Survival] kino der toten remake  (Read 10075 times)

.ok

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 4 years on site+1000 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
[Survival] Re: kino der toten remake
« Reply #165 on: September 13, 2016, 11:54:31 AM »
so ive ran into a problem that has a workaround for it if im careful,but its this
http://totalminerforums.net/index.php?topic=17955.0

basically,for my zone system for particles,or this

im ok for the most part,except if i have a player exit the zone that i have set for a particle/s,then the particle wont shut off,but like i said,i can change the size of the zone to where they wouldnt be able to leave it north,so thats not too big of an issue

ive been working on n off to try and not burn myself out too much,especially with particles,but for the most part,im doing fine...also progress is coming along slowly but surely
as far as the alley way ive done more since my last update and ive changed a few things around,but there's only have 2 or 3 more things to do and then ill be able to move onto the next area.

my goal for now is to have everything done if i can within a month.if i cant do that then atleast have all of the building stuff done by then,and then just have scripting left to do.

good news that i found out is that my map is now favable,and i think the name displays on the world index now,which before 2.5,wasnt,so thats good news :D

also,im going to add some mini games and fun stuff to the map later on for some extra stuff to do.will post more later on that

Why don't you just use the proximity function to the emitters that was added in 2.44?

It'd be a pain to change them all, But sometimes you've just got to bite the bullet.
bcs of this
http://totalminerforums.net/index.php?topic=17955.msg186479#msg186479

Curmescius

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: dryym
Re: kino der toten remake
« Reply #166 on: September 13, 2016, 12:15:10 PM »
so ive ran into a problem that has a workaround for it if im careful,but its this
http://totalminerforums.net/index.php?topic=17955.0

basically,for my zone system for particles,or this

im ok for the most part,except if i have a player exit the zone that i have set for a particle/s,then the particle wont shut off,but like i said,i can change the size of the zone to where they wouldnt be able to leave it north,so thats not too big of an issue

ive been working on n off to try and not burn myself out too much,especially with particles,but for the most part,im doing fine...also progress is coming along slowly but surely
as far as the alley way ive done more since my last update and ive changed a few things around,but there's only have 2 or 3 more things to do and then ill be able to move onto the next area.

my goal for now is to have everything done if i can within a month.if i cant do that then atleast have all of the building stuff done by then,and then just have scripting left to do.

good news that i found out is that my map is now favable,and i think the name displays on the world index now,which before 2.5,wasnt,so thats good news :D

also,im going to add some mini games and fun stuff to the map later on for some extra stuff to do.will post more later on that

Why don't you just use the proximity function to the emitters that was added in 2.44?

It'd be a pain to change them all, But sometimes you've just got to bite the bullet.
bcs of this
http://totalminerforums.net/index.php?topic=17955.msg186479#msg186479

In that specific situation, You could just move the actual emitters to the centre of the room and offset the particles to me emitted at that location. Then just set the proximity to the max needed to see it from anywhere in the room.

Creator of the term "Deathmine "
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym

.ok

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 4 years on site+1000 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #167 on: September 13, 2016, 12:31:28 PM »
In that specific situation, You could just move the actual emitters to the centre of the room and offset the particles to me emitted at that location.
Maybe
Most of the times so far I haven't had that problem but I may try it
Well see

.ok

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #168 on: October 07, 2016, 01:35:14 AM »
Sorry for not updating the thread lately

Just been really busy with work lately,especially this week with art prize in town,so I've been going in at 10 11am and home by 1am,where it'll calm down next week.then I plan on continuing work again