Author Topic:  Adventure Hub  (Read 581 times)

A Simple Gamer

• Elite Member
  • Don't let your memes be memes
  • Awards 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts Former MotM winners Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Adventure Hub
« on: July 24, 2015, 02:12:41 AM »
Lets go ahead and get this introduction thing out of the way :P:
Welcome to Adventure Hub, the map that I had in mind when making the first two adventure lands! This map isn't your typical "follow the colored paths to your easy challenge" challenge map. It's a very open map that starts out on three floating islands connected by bridges. Each of the islands has a purpose and have NPCs that tell you little tid bits about the map that may be useful to remember. I try my best to make each of them unique! At the base floor of the spawn tower you will find the buttons that take you to your challenges! Each individual challenge has a challenge guide NPC. The job of this NPC is to help make your time in the challenges a bit easier by giving you helpful tips and sometimes just flat out telling you what to do. Now let's look at the challenges!

The Challenges!
The difficulty of the challenges on this map rated on a scale of One-to-Ten Stars with one being the easiest and ten being the hardest. To begin a challenge just press the button under the sign that indicates the challenge you wish to begin and you'll be teleported there! "But Gamer, what are these challenges you speak of?" You may be asking, well my friend you will just have to continue reading!

• Market Square-One star challenge: The goal of this challenge is simple: Find the dwarf that is hiding within market square with the code and send it in a message to me! Do note that this challenge will soon be undergoing changes to the dialogue of the NPCs found in the area to provide the players with more hints.

• The Tomb of Tu'ut-Two star challenge: In this challenge you find yourself in the crumbling tomb of a deceased king who has made his final resting place a challenge to reach. You must complete a small parkour portion and then take on the dark maze that requires you to have a torch at to see where you're going.

• Lost in the Mines-Two star challenge: When you enter this challenge you are entering the mines located under the Town Troubles challenge, which is accessible if you find the correct path to the surface. Your job is the find the code that was buried in the ground due to a cave-in.

• Town Troubles-Three star challenge: The area located under the floating spawn is in fact the challenge area for Town Troubles. You will start out by two stalls and the challenges guide and find out that the small town you're in is surrounded by a Forest that is explorable (and may even have some secrets in it if you venture deep enough) and has a code that you must find. The only catch is that the code is split into three separate pieces that have been scattered throughout the town, the locations if these codes can be found by talking to the lumberjack stall owner.

• The Millennium Tree-Four star challenge: This blast from the past challenge, first appearing on Adventure Land, takes you to a large tree that has been uprooted along with some of the land it occupied and is now floating above the Forest. Your job is to parkour your way up the inside of the tree and then take to the clouds as you jump through them to reach the code. One false slip or missed jump will result in a painful death as you lose your progress on the challenge and have to restart.

• Upturned-Five star challenge: Another island has appeared on the map only this time it's flipped upside down with a tower on it. Jump your way up this dangerous challenge and claim the code! Careful though, one missed jump means death!

Wrap Up!
    As you reach the end of this thread I hope you're planning on checking the map out soon! I will try to keep the thread updated with when I'll be hosting! Before you go I have two things to say to you! One, if you plan on visiting the map EXPLORE! There are a lot of cool little secrets and nods to many forum members that I've met during my years here that no one has found because they think they're only supposed to stick to the main focus of the challenge. If I wanted my map to be like that I would've just made it a big box like many of the old maps. Two, pictures should hopefully be coming soon!

Special Thanks!
    A NeftyMan A:
    Helped out with building the roof of the new spawn building, which looks great btw!
    Zoidberg:
    Helped get me started on scripting the world and making it easier to navigate!
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 12:37:41 AM by A Guided Gamer »
My Threads
Miner Of The Month for July 2013!
I Play Destiny too much
Long live Spooky Ghost!

A Simple Gamer

• Elite Member
  • Awards 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts Former MotM winners Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: [Challenge] Adventure Hub
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2015, 02:38:43 PM »
Hosting for about 20 minutes right now if anyone wants to check it out!
My Threads
I Play Destiny too much
Long live Spooky Ghost!

GoatOnTheMoon

• Supreme Member
  • YT GoatOnTheMoon
  • Awards Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
    • Awards
  • Xbox: GoatOnTheMoon
  • PSN: N/A
  • Steam: GoatOnTheMoon
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2015, 02:39:47 PM »
Easily One Of The Best Challenge Maps Out There. I would recommend it to anybody. +1

A Simple Gamer

• Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2015, 04:29:20 PM »
Hosting for an hour or so if anyone wants to drop by!
My Threads
I Play Destiny too much
Long live Spooky Ghost!

GoatOnTheMoon

• Supreme Member
  • YT GoatOnTheMoon
  • Awards Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
    • Awards
  • Xbox: GoatOnTheMoon
  • PSN: N/A
  • Steam: GoatOnTheMoon
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2015, 01:04:14 PM »
You need to start making more challenges for me to beat ;)

A Simple Gamer

• Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2015, 01:19:00 PM »
You need to start making more challenges for me to beat ;)
(ノಥ益ಥ)ノ

Hosting for an hour or so today if anyone wants to drop by!
My Threads
I Play Destiny too much
Long live Spooky Ghost!

Hayden

• Elite Member
  • Hey babe
  • Awards 1 year on site+100 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: mister m0nk3y
  • Steam: Hayden
  • Other: 123456789
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2015, 03:58:36 PM »
Sounds like fun? When will you host next time?
Craig doesn't know me.

A Simple Gamer

• Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2015, 06:31:03 PM »
Sounds like fun? When will you host next time?

Um tonight I'm revising some of the map so is say tomorrow at 1:00 for an hour or two unless some of my destiny buddies get on and we start a trials pass
My Threads
I Play Destiny too much
Long live Spooky Ghost!

A Simple Gamer

• Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2015, 10:13:11 PM »
Tonight was very productive! Spawn has been redone, the start of Lost in the mines has been redone and more hints have been added to both Market Square and lost in the mines!
My Threads
I Play Destiny too much
Long live Spooky Ghost!

A Simple Gamer

• Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2015, 02:01:17 PM »
Hosting for an hour right now!
A new challenge appears and it's five stars 0:

Upturned-Five Star Challenge: Another island has appeared on the map only this time it's flipped upside down with a tower on it. Jump your way up this dangerous challenge and claim the code! Careful though, one missed jump means death!
My Threads
I Play Destiny too much
Long live Spooky Ghost!