Author Topic:  Midgar  (Read 362 times)

.ok

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 4 years on site+1000 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Midgar
« on: July 19, 2015, 10:50:54 PM »

MIDGAR
Midgar (ミッドガル, Middogaru?) is the capital city and power base of the Shinra Electric Power Company in the world of the Compilation of Final Fantasy VII.

Midgar was the most technologically advanced location ever constructed on the planet of Gaia. It consists of a large circular structure supported above the ground by eight reactors and a central pillar, with various other supports around the city. On top of the structure lies the city proper, divided into eight sectors, while underneath it on the ground lies a large slum; created by the city's unfortunate and downtrodden. It is mentioned Midgar was once eight individual towns, but as Midgar came into existence their names were forgotten in favor of referring to the different areas as sectors.

Governed as a police state, the city is home to some of the richest and most powerful men and women on the Planet, who run most of the city's affairs from the central Shinra Building which dominates the cityscape. Among these people are the Shinra executives, the de facto world leader, President Shinra, and the figurehead city leader, Mayor Domino.

Construction of the city began in 1976, to provide residence for the Shinra Electric Power Company's growing investment and employment base. The city is shown to be under continuous construction throughout the Compilation of Final Fantasy VII.

Thanks to its eight Mako Reactors, the city's massive power-demands were easily met, but at a cost to the surrounding countryside, which has become a barren wasteland due to the city sapping the surrounding Mako energy. Due to this, the city and its reactors are a prime target for terrorism/rebel groups like AVALANCHE who seek to restore the Planet to its former state and stop Shinra from sapping its life energy.

About the map

the map will hopefully be a recreation of the city onto total miner(infinite maps would prob help alot lol)it will include:
  • Sector 1 Mako reactor
    Sector 1 station
    Sector 8 Town square
    shin-ra headquarters
    deepground variant from dic
    Crisis Core SOLDIER's floor level 49 and SOLDIER directors office from crisis core
    All Mako reactor interiors
    Sector 7 slums
    Sector 6 slums
    Sector 5 slums,church, and aeriths house
[/color]

regardless of anything i cant do anything or begin building it(or attempting) until 2 thursdays when i finally get my pc :DDD....but as soon as i can then i will probably begin on it hopefully.
ill keep you guys posted and hopefully i can actually fall through with this project...idk
« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 10:56:28 PM by Ugh ThatZ NaZty »

GoatOnTheMoon

• Supreme Member
  • YT GoatOnTheMoon
  • Awards Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
    • Awards
  • Xbox: GoatOnTheMoon
  • PSN: N/A
  • Steam: GoatOnTheMoon
Re: Midgar
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2015, 10:53:02 PM »
I cant read any of the OP in that weird maroon color.

.ok

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 4 years on site+1000 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2015, 10:55:09 PM »
I cant read any of the OP in that weird maroon color.
fixed

.ok

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2015, 09:05:49 PM »
bump