Author Topic:  Dig Deep Aficionados!-Discussion & Guides  (Read 16388 times)

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Jack Of Shades Youtube Gaming Channel
    • Awards
Re: Dig Deep Aficionados!-Discussion & Guides
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2015, 01:15:35 PM »
Another fun tip, mine anything you need in-game. If you are not in a hurry, just mine it. Dig Deep maps hold pretty much anything you'd want. Diamonds, Rubies, Sapphires, Carbon, Obsidian, Uranium, Platinum...tons of wonderfully expensive ores and minerals. Ya just gotta go searching for them. Each one is usually in abundance at a certain layer, the only thing you have to do is use your mini-map to search for the "buried treasure." And, the best part of all: THEY ARE FREE! We can break down which layers generally hold which of these, and more if anyone wants. I know a few, and other Dig Deep pros know most of the rest!

ZOMBIE RULES 97

• Elite Member
  • Head of Liam's mining Inc. Best Buddy Scuppy 11.
  • Awards 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13) Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Awards
  • Xbox: SkankHunt42SP
  • Steam: ZOMBIE_RULES_97
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2015, 05:03:49 PM »
I would give some tips but I don't think I have anything that has not been said yet
I like to change profile picture and signature weekly but not to hide. When I see a character I like in a new SP episode I change all my profile pictures and cover photos to the same picture of the same character.
This one is called :

Trubtavium Recordsmith VII

• Supreme Member
  • Do you wanna see the Galaxy?
  • Awards Former MotM winners Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13) 4 years on site+1000 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Trubstep Record
  • Steam: Trubstep_Record
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2015, 05:09:52 PM »
I would give some tips but I don't think I have anything that has not been said yet

Goes to show just how much we've learned from the original Mr. Dig Deep :3 and how much we have improved on your original teachings!

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2015, 05:13:20 PM »
Goes to show just how much we've learned from the original Mr. Dig Deep :3 and how much we have improved on your original teachings!

Let's keep improving our methods and skills to show other new players/older ones with little experience in Dig Deep all the information they need!

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2015, 09:43:52 PM »
DiamondBack662's Freeland Map.

Never got to visit this myself, but it is a remarkable looking Dig Deep map just from the photos alone.

ZOMBIE RULES 97

• Elite Member
  • Awards 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13) Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2015, 05:19:01 AM »
Have these been said yet?
1. Right is always right?
2. The oasis is a nice place to find Titanuim
3. The block above gabbro is a perfect spot for Titanuim
4. Try to take every block you mine (if you don't need it sell it)
5. Always bring a block of obsidian with you that way you can always get acess to your chest/ shops
6. The lower you go the more gold loot chests have but it doesn't affect rares spawning
7. The oasis is a nice place to build a base or city
8. Titanuim stops spawning near the end of marble
9. If a earthquake has hit your strip mine put a torch above you and put another torch 2 torches next to them so there's one above you and one on both sides of the first one that way you can avoid taking damage
10. Anyone can be a millionaire it just takes dedication strategy and will power
11. Granade launchers are Awsome they don't drop the rock layer but they drop ores same with TNT and c4
12. When mining directly down make sure to regality place torches as if an earth quick happens it could one hit kill you
13. What ever works in survial works in dig deep. (Pretty much )
14. Marble rhoylote and the nexus are nice places to find uranium
And finally number 15 lava is hot ::)
I like to change profile picture and signature weekly but not to hide. When I see a character I like in a new SP episode I change all my profile pictures and cover photos to the same picture of the same character.
This one is called :

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2015, 05:41:26 AM »
Have these been said yet?
1. Right is always right? I don't think so.

2. The oasis is a nice place to find Titanuim Not mentioned, but I was aware of this. Thank you for adding it.

3. The block above gabbro is a perfect spot for Titanuim Also not mentioned, great addition.

4. Try to take every block you mine (if you don't need it sell it) Mentioned to some degree.

5. Always bring a block of obsidian with you that way you can always get acess to your chest/ shops Mentioned in my "Blueprint/Wisdom Scroll guide.

6. The lower you go the more gold loot chests have but it doesn't affect rares spawning Not mentioned, but great addition.

7. The oasis is a nice place to build a base or city Not mentioned, but good personal opinion.

8. Titanuim stops spawning near the end of marble Not mentioned, good information to know.

9. If a earthquake has hit your strip mine put a torch above you and put another torch 2 torches next to them so there's one above you and one on both sides of the first one that way you can avoid taking damage Not mentioned but I was aware of this, I do it on my Survival maps. Good addition.

10. Anyone can be a millionaire it just takes dedication strategy and will power Not mentioned, but more detailed guides on money making do help.

11. Granade launchers are Awsome they don't drop the rock layer but they drop ores same with TNT and c4 Also not mentioned, very interesting.

12. When mining directly down make sure to regality place torches as if an earth quick happens it could one hit kill you Not mentioned, good tip.

13. What ever works in survial works in dig deep. (Pretty much ) Not mentioned, but good tip.

14. Marble rhoylote and the nexus are nice places to find uranium Not mentioned, but also a good tip for money making.

And finally number 15 lava is hot ::) Not mentioned, but self explanitory. ;)

*Red=Hasn't been said

*Green=mentioned or spoke about briefly.

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
  • Awards Developer 4 years on site+1000 posts 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2015, 06:25:39 AM »
* The fastest way to build a shelter before nightfall. Dig a hole in the ground.

* The fastest way to build a stylish shelter before nightfall. Mine Basalt, craft it to Cobblestone (1 Basalt => 4 Cobblestone) and build the shelter with the Cobblestone. This won't work if you are playing with Skills on and your Skills are too low.

* The fastest way to build a Wood based shelter before nightfall. Don't punch Wood. Chop 4 Wood with your Pickaxe. Craft the 4 Wood into 8 Planks. Craft a Workbench (4 Planks). Place it, Open it. Craft 4 Sticks (1 Plank), Craft 1 Wood Hatchet (2 Sticks, 3 Planks). Chop remaining required Wood with Hatchet.

* Wood based shelters can be burned down. It's safer to build a shelter with Cobblestone.

* Dryads will only shoot at you if they have you in their line of sight. If you're worried they'll shoot a Blast arrow at you while your inside your shelter, resulting in either it burning down or other mobs flooding in, then don't have too many windows in the shelter and don't stand in front of the windows unless you know there's no Dryad out there.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 06:28:45 AM by Craig »

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2015, 07:13:41 AM »
* The fastest way to build a shelter before nightfall. Dig a hole in the ground.

* The fastest way to build a stylish shelter before nightfall. Mine Basalt, craft it to Cobblestone (1 Basalt => 4 Cobblestone) and build the shelter with the Cobblestone. This won't work if you are playing with Skills on and your Skills are too low.

* The fastest way to build a Wood based shelter before nightfall. Don't punch Wood. Chop 4 Wood with your Pickaxe. Craft the 4 Wood into 8 Planks. Craft a Workbench (4 Planks). Place it, Open it. Craft 4 Sticks (1 Plank), Craft 1 Wood Hatchet (2 Sticks, 3 Planks). Chop remaining required Wood with Hatchet.

* Wood based shelters can be burned down. It's safer to build a shelter with Cobblestone.

* Dryads will only shoot at you if they have you in their line of sight. If you're worried they'll shoot a Blast arrow at you while your inside your shelter, resulting in either it burning down or other mobs flooding in, then don't have too many windows in the shelter and don't stand in front of the windows unless you know there's no Dryad out there.

Perfect, thanks for this Craig. This will help a lot of new Dig Deep players. I added it to the OP for anyone needing some beginner guide when starting their Dig Deep Map. (Or even normal Survival) I did most of this when I first started my Dig Deep map. I made a shelter out of wood just as you described, and did not let ANY mob see me. It stood there until I finally switched it over (when I found more blueprints and made more gold. :P )

Also, forgot to mention to everyone I finally posted my coveted Dig Deep map and hope to see some folks in there soon!

Nexraptus
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 07:41:28 AM by Jack Of Shades »

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2015, 05:11:23 PM »
If anyone else has any guides, information, tips & tricks, or to share your world/lore/need help, feel free to post here!

Trubtavium Recordsmith VII

• Supreme Member
  • Do you wanna see the Galaxy?
  • Awards Former MotM winners Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13) 4 years on site+1000 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Trubstep Record
  • Steam: Trubstep_Record
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2015, 05:48:42 PM »
Guess I'll shamelessly advertise Grubby ::) My Dig Deep map that I've been working on for quite some time!

ZOMBIE RULES 97

• Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2015, 05:54:20 PM »
Guess I'll shamelessly advertise Grubby ::) My Dig Deep map that I've been working on for quite some time!
That's low TRUB
This one is called :

Jared

• Supreme Member
  • Maze/Trivia Builder & Previous Total Miner Tester
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 2 years on site+300 posts Former MotM winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Jeff McNewmen
  • PSN: Jeff_McNewmen
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2015, 09:44:00 PM »
I'd like to thank you guys for all the amazing tips and tricks this topic has supported so far. This is extremely helpful for my Dig Deep map I hope to host public this upcoming spring. These tips and tricks made it so much easier for when I'm mining and exploring. Thanks guys and I hope to add onto the list of tips and tricks if I can think of any :D

《Thank You GK & Mysterio For These Astonishing Signitures!》

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2015, 09:47:27 PM »
Feel free, that's another purpose of this topic, Wayne! 8)

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2015, 04:56:01 PM »
Another tip for Dig Deep, and Survival explorers:

If an earthquake happens to hit you and your spot, you can use the torch like Liam mentioned above. Also, any Player Placed block will NOT be affected by the earthquake. So basically, when digging a decent sized mine place blocks down around you. For one, to save your life and to make it look aesthetically interesting. Happy Mining!

- /sage