Author Topic:  HW Avatar Concept  (Read 6036 times)

Steve

• Elite Member
  • Awards Unique Content Contributors Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Total Miner Forums
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Derfen Steve
  • Steam: Derfen Steve
HW Avatar Concept
« on: February 03, 2015, 11:14:28 AM »
Here Is where I will be Posting Updates On Artwork For Hermes Wraith Avatar
Enjoy,

V3 Hermes Wraith:

Here are some high quality screenshots of the finished product, Atlas he is done.

Spoiler for Hidden Content:

Rough Sketches

------------------------------------------------

Concept Art

Finished Versions----------100%----------

I'm always open to name suggestions.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 05:56:49 PM by Steve »

Snapchat Please

• Im AFK Right now. Lel
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Mr Aye Eff Kay
Re: Old Deus Avatar Art Works
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2015, 11:48:59 AM »
These all look very interesting! I think they are definitely well worth the amount of work put into them! Great Job!

YoungSykotic182

• Supreme Member
  • The Demi-God giving Cold Sore King
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Awarded for extraordinary testing services to our game. Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13) Former MotM winners 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • @YoungSykotic182
    • Awards
  • Xbox: YoungSykotic182
  • Steam: YoungSykotic182
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2015, 05:50:42 PM »
Very nice. I'm a fan of the angel look.

I think you should try to simplify the coloring on the voxel model to look more like that last pic. (Colored one) The current model seems a little over detailed and the color clashes a bit. Particularly the white blocks and stone wall blocks on the robe. I'd get rid of those white blocks all together. It could just be my eyes but my attention immediately focuses on it as a detail out of place. Leaving them out with no replacement would be just fine. As for the stone walls on the robe, which I'm assuming is some shaded wrinkle (whatever the term is) work, should be replaced by a slightly darker shade of the color of the robe. A rock block might do or use the same block you used for the arms to match. I'd also probably remove some excess gold trimming too that appears under his arms and around the waist. Basically drop it down to the way he looks in that last colored pic.

That would look much better in my opinion. I love the way he looks in the pic. Simplify the voxel model to your colored concept art and it would be something I would definitely want a copy of. I'd even recolor the wings to the way you have it in that pic as well but that is probably going more towards personal opinion instead of advice for improvements.

Either way well done.

Steve

• Elite Member
  • Awards Unique Content Contributors Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Total Miner Forums
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2015, 07:13:20 PM »
Very nice. I'm a fan of the angel look.

Thanks,
I have Already changed the 3D model to more fit the Concept,
I'm trying not to bug craig too much, as I keep changing my mind and don't want to send to many versions.

OP Updated
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 09:35:53 AM by Derfen Steve »

Jared

• Supreme Member
  • Maze/Trivia Builder & Previous Total Miner Tester
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 2 years on site+300 posts Former MotM winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Jeff McNewmen
  • PSN: Jeff_McNewmen
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2015, 08:37:18 PM »
The name of your avatar is very legendary in it's own way, but the avatar is looking good.

《Thank You GK & Mysterio For These Astonishing Signitures!》

Steve

• Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • Total Miner Forums
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2015, 09:15:02 AM »
The name of your avatar is very legendary in it's own way, but the avatar is looking good.

Thanks, His name has changed a bunch of times. hopefully I have it right this time.

Op Updated,

YoungSykotic182

• Supreme Member
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Awarded for extraordinary testing services to our game. Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13) Former MotM winners 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • @YoungSykotic182
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2015, 02:30:22 PM »
My favorite is number 1 with number 2 coming in second. Didn't care much for 3. If you were trying to go more towards an angel look then one was more fitting. (For some reason I think of Diablo 3 when I look at it) If you wanted a more mysterious look 2 is your winner. To me 3 just looks weird.

Will we see any updated pics on the voxel model?

Steve

• Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • Total Miner Forums
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2015, 08:26:51 PM »
My favorite is number 1 with number 2 coming in second. Didn't care much for 3. If you were trying to go more towards an angel look then one was more fitting. (For some reason I think of Diablo 3 when I look at it) If you wanted a more mysterious look 2 is your winner. To me 3 just looks weird.

Will we see any updated pics on the voxel model?

I agree with what you say,

And Yes, Rather than updated, Just different versions/forms to match artwork.

OP Updated
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 12:09:48 PM by Derfen Steve »

Steve

• Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • Total Miner Forums
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2015, 01:20:26 AM »
Everyone will be able to place it as an NPC Spawner,
Also Its not a combat mob (yet), so you can't fight it, or spawn it with scripts.

I might remove the sword and staff in the future, when avatar animations make their way into the game.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 07:24:26 AM by Steve »

Jesse

• Extreme Member
  • Oldest Lasting TM Youtuber.
  • Awards Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Former MotM winners 4 years on site+1000 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • YouTube: BOBsCAST
    • Awards
  • Xbox: YT Mysterio
  • PSN: YT_Mysterio
  • Steam: YT Mysterio
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2015, 01:28:37 AM »
Here is the final version,

Also Its not a combat mob, so you can't fight it, or spawn it with scripts.

I might remove the sword and staff in the future, when avatar animations make their way into the game.

looking nice derfen

/mm Thanks Gold Knight for sig /mm
/mm MotM September '14 /mm
/mm Robo February '15 /mm
/mm 4th Demi Gods December '16 /mm
/mm Youtube: BOBsCAST /mm

Steve

• Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • Total Miner Forums
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2015, 01:43:58 AM »
looking nice derfen

Thanks, spent a long time building it, also I tried to keep with a similar art-style as the rest of the avatars.
Which I think helped improve the overall look.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 02:00:19 AM by Steve »

Jaz

• Supreme Member
  • ヽ(`⌒)ノ
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members 3 years on site+600 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners 4 years on site+1000 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • cluckinbellhappychicken
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Jaz the MAN 2
  • PSN: Jaz_the_MAN_2
  • Steam: Jaz the MAN 2
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2015, 04:34:41 AM »
Call him "go go monkey magic man"
Seems fitting don't you think?

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones" ~ Albert Einstein

JD DRAGON 7

• Legendary Member
  • I'm a freelance builder.
  • Awards 2 years on site+300 posts 3 years on site+600 posts Awarded to exemplary forum members 1 year on site+100 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: JD DRAGON 7
  • PSN: JD_DRAGON7
  • Steam: JD_DRAGON_7
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2015, 07:00:45 AM »
Here is the final version,

Also Its not a combat mob, so you can't fight it, or spawn it with scripts.

He looks sad. I think he needs a kitten. Give him a kitten.
Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional.
Wii U      JD_DRAGON_7
360        JD DRAGON 7
Ps3/ps4  JD_DRAGON7
Steam    JD_DRAGON_7

YoungSykotic182

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • @YoungSykotic182
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2015, 11:52:54 AM »
I liked the older model in the OP much better. I think there is too much going on with the new one. The color clashing detracts from the model because there is just too many different colors that don't work to compliment each other. You have green, yellow, gold, blue, purple, white, gray, dark gray, brown, black, cyan and possible an orange block I spy there. (Even more on his back that can't be seen here) Far too much detail there just doesn't look as good to me and makes his characteristics a huge pain to distinguish. Everything that should be graceful about him is lost in the detail instead of further brought out.

I'd try and simplify the colors a bit once again. I'd also get rid of all of his swords too. He has too much stuff. He would look better holding only the staff as it is easily the most fitting for him. (And in the future move the staff to his back so he can keep it after animation. It will actually be in the way now if you feel you want to go ahead and make the switch)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 12:11:51 PM by YoungSykotic182 »

Gary

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Steam: Conmaan ... ... Discord: Conmaan #9586
  • Awards 1 year on site+100 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2015, 12:16:12 PM »
I liked the older model in the OP much better. I think there is too much going on with the new one. The color clashing detracts from the model because there is just too many different colors that don't work to compliment each other. You have green, yellow, gold, blue, purple, white, gray, dark gray, brown, black, cyan and possible an orange block I spy there. (Even more on his back that can't be seen here) Far too much detail there just doesn't look as good to me and makes his characteristics a huge pain to distinguish. Everything that should be graceful about him is lost in the detail instead of further brought out.

I'd try and simplify the colors a bit once again. I'd also get rid of all of his swords too. He has too much stuff. He would look better holding only the staff as it is easily the most fitting for him. (And in the future move the staff to his back so he can keep it after animation. It will actually be in the way now if you feel you want to go ahead and make the switch)

I agree. It feels cluttered, and messy. I wouldn't use something that over-complicated on my world, personally. Although the true test would be to see what it looks like in game.

Link to my youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo4rmelSOUB9YMM0Is-zWyQ