Author Topic:  No Man's Sky  (Read 7074 times)

PWRBTTN

• Legendary Member
  • Professional Expert, Comrade
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: PWRBTTN
  • Steam: PWRBTTN
Re: No Man's Sky
« Reply #135 on: November 03, 2016, 08:59:18 PM »
...Mind you, his gameplay was during the whole release fiasco. I don't see a single thing wrong with the game. Can someone explain to me what the actual problem was? Because I never understood the problem, and I still don't.
I think Craig's quote is pretty good;
It appears a lot of features that were supposed to enhance the playability of the sandbox have been gutted, to the point that it's really now just a sandbox with not a lot of content to drive your journey through it. But it's still a hell of a good sandbox...
I personally don't understand why people got so infuriated whenever they found this out though; the company's only other games are mobile games, right?
So the problem people had with this exploration game (that has literally lifetimes upon lifetimes of exploration) is that there wasn't much more to do than explore? Am I understanding? Because that's infuriating.

This game is outstanding looking, and I've only seen about 2 hours worth of stuff. To think that there is literally decades worth of content extra is mindblowing. EVEN if the main differences between planets are slightly different looking flora and fauna, you get to look for your favourite among them all, and still have a chance to see one you like more. Not to mention the ones that will be absolutely amazing, but you'll never see them. I'm getting excited just thinking about it.
/snail       /snail    /snail         /snail /snail      /snail   /snail                /snail        

.ok

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 4 years on site+1000 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #136 on: November 03, 2016, 09:42:38 PM »
...Mind you, his gameplay was during the whole release fiasco. I don't see a single thing wrong with the game. Can someone explain to me what the actual problem was? Because I never understood the problem, and I still don't.
It appears a lot of features that were supposed to enhance the playability of the sandbox have been gutted, to the point that it's really now just a sandbox with not a lot of content to drive your journey through it. But it's still a hell of a good sandbox...
I personally don't understand why people got so infuriated whenever they found this out though; the company's only other games are mobile games, right?
So the problem people had with this exploration game (that has literally lifetimes upon lifetimes of exploration) is that there wasn't much more to do than explore? Am I understanding? Because that's infuriating.

This game is outstanding looking, and I've only seen about 2 hours worth of stuff. To think that there is literally decades worth of content extra is mindblowing. EVEN if the main differences between planets are slightly different looking flora and fauna, you get to look for your favourite among them all, and still have a chance to see one you like more. Not to mention the ones that will be absolutely amazing, but you'll never see them. I'm getting excited just thinking about it.
no

Gary

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Steam: Conmaan ... ... Discord: Conmaan #9586
  • Awards 1 year on site+100 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #137 on: November 03, 2016, 10:17:01 PM »

I mean, if getting excited to see the same thing with different limb/color combinations is your thing, enjoy.

Link to my youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo4rmelSOUB9YMM0Is-zWyQ

November Jim

• Jr. Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners I shot the sherriff 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: vJamie xD
  • Steam: Jimalene
« Reply #138 on: November 04, 2016, 03:50:45 AM »
Is it true that the developers of this game just completely abandoned this game as it was such a flop?? Or am I reading nonsense off the internet..

3rd in the world to unlock Demigods
Jr Moderator given on January 2nd 2017
YouTube: Jimalene
bob [31|Dec 12:56 PM]: Howdy Jimster

bob

• Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • Awards Award for outstanding excellence in the field of bob 4 years on site+1000 posts 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #139 on: November 04, 2016, 07:18:45 AM »
Is it true that the developers of this game just completely abandoned this game as it was such a flop?? Or am I reading nonsense off the internet..
Nonsense. There's been at least 3 updates that I've noticed downloading.

November Jim

• Jr. Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners I shot the sherriff 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: vJamie xD
  • Steam: Jimalene
« Reply #140 on: November 04, 2016, 07:20:12 AM »
Nonsense. There's been at least 3 updates that I've noticed downloading.

Yeah I must have been reading nonsense, thanks bob  :D

3rd in the world to unlock Demigods
Jr Moderator given on January 2nd 2017
YouTube: Jimalene
bob [31|Dec 12:56 PM]: Howdy Jimster

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
  • Awards Developer 4 years on site+1000 posts 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #141 on: November 30, 2016, 04:30:50 PM »
The Foundation Update

I haven't played it yet.

amos

• Awards 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #142 on: November 30, 2016, 05:16:26 PM »
It's pretty good if you ever wanted to buy one of the freighter ships or build a home base.  Freighters aren't pilotable and don't seem to attack anything, but are still very useful since each inventory slot holds twice what a starship can and can be summoned to low orbit for easier stocking. The bases snap together pretty quick and have some useful features unlocked by building certain consoles, finding an alien to run them, then completing the tasks given by the alien you 'hired'(for free).  Features are nice like hydroponic farms, storage, galactic market access nodes, and landing pads.  You can also build a base inside your freighter.

They also added a recharge shortcut (d-pad down) so you aren't flopping through menus trying to find oxides for your ship's shields (massive quality of life upgrade).  Also added a creative mode with unlimited resources and a survival mode with increased difficulty.  Survival was pretty brutal.  It was very hard to find time to make units because most of my time was spent crafting shielding sheets and searching for more materials. 

Overall a very nice update that got me playing it again.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 08:36:07 PM by amos »

Gary

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Steam: Conmaan ... ... Discord: Conmaan #9586
  • Awards 1 year on site+100 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #143 on: November 30, 2016, 05:47:39 PM »
The Foundation Update

I haven't played it yet.

From what I've seen, it introduced a lot of new features and makes the game significantly better than release, but it is still missing a huge portion of the content that players were initially expecting.

Link to my youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo4rmelSOUB9YMM0Is-zWyQ

Stoneart

• "There's always time to get your block's off"
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • My music page
    • Awards
  • Xbox: stoneart
  • PSN: Xx_Phoenix_Down_xX
« Reply #144 on: December 02, 2016, 11:21:25 PM »
The Foundation Update

I haven't played it yet.

Me either. I like the idea of alternate game modes though. I'll have to check it out soon.

CyberAmplified

• Fresh Meat
  • Deceive the world. Deceive your other self.
    • View Profile
    • The Giant Dwarf
    • Awards
  • Xbox: CyberAmplified
« Reply #145 on: December 08, 2016, 05:59:05 AM »
                                                         My Thoughts On The Foundation Update
     The Foundation Update seems like it adds a lot of things that was missing from the initial release, I see it as Hello Games version of a "Olive Branch" of sorts to appease the people who didn't like the game for the lack of content that was promised while the hype train was on fire. I played a little of it and surprise surprise..still seemed boring and monotonous. Don't get me wrong I love the premise of it, and the first 30-60 hours I played were one of the most enjoyable experiences throughout my entire gaming history.

Not to mention I think how it was designed is revolutionary, ARK is 30-50GB and the exploitable open-world is CONSIDERABLY smaller than the one of No Man's Sky. Although to be fair, the difference is..a lot. But in general you know there are games bigger than No Man's Sky that have 1 hour of gameplay to it's name. I admire that such a small team has created something even the biggest companies couldn't do, or didn't care enough to do or what have you.
But there is not enough content, despite the update, to entice you to keep playing the game. It just gets monotonous after a while, like paperwork. Unlike paperwork however, it's fun at first but gradually declines in thrills..

The building mechanic, one of the BIGGEST enhancements to the game, I have to say was implemented pretty much how Bethesda integrated the mechanic for Fallout 4. There was little to no tutorial, everything is learned from trial and error. Unlike Fallout 4 however they gave you a Creative Mode so as to sort of take on the aspect of Halo's forge. Build whatever you want with no resource prerequisites, learn what stuff does by playing with the controls, and after 7 hours of experimentation you get something that you are more-or-less satisfied with.

I like how the aliens are now hireable..most of them anyway..only the ones on space stations, not the ones on bases located on planets or on freighters or anything like that. And what do you do after your base is all done and upgraded to your desires? There is nothing left but find a new place and start all over again..tedious and boring.
To be fair, for the first of "many" free updates to the game, this one isn't too bad if they are trying to set a first-impression of what their updates offer. Rather than pump out a few a week addressing minor issues like bug fixes and minute modifications, they pump them out every few months, kind of like Minecraft, but they add A LOT of new features. Not a bad tactic, but for a game that was delayed BEYOND reasonably..patience is something I don't have for this one anymore.

Performance still remains a big issue, HOWEVER it's not that bad. I mean when ARK: Survival Evolved came out it ran..terribly, I'm talking you're lucky if you got 10FPS with SLI Titan X's. But over time it got better and better and I went from an R9-290 getting 20FPS on Low Quality to an R9-290 getting 83FPS on Epic Quality. Appreciate it Wildcard Studios ^.^

I could go on and on, but now is not the time or the place. I was bored and figured hell why not write? So I just clicked on a topic, No Man's Sky (great topic btw), and here is my little LITTLE tiny synopsis on their new update.
What do you think of my judgement? Too bias? One-sided? Ill-supported? Or perhaps..Agreeable? Fantastic? Little of both?
That is up to you. But hell if you got this far without dying from your 8 second attention spans..good for you.
That is proven by the way, the average human attention span is 8 seconds..1 second lower than that of a goldfish. Pretty depressing huh?

Anywho, going to wrap this up. Lemme know what you think of my "opinions/judgements" and stuff like that, I don't take sides and I don't reinforce a specific party. Whether you agree with me or not is up to you, whether I agree or not with your judgement on my judgement is..debatable to whether I care enough to consider it. Nevertheless, if you like reading. You're welcome!

Best Regards,
CyberAmplified
"To disagree is to agree with contention."
"History dictates that it is the wise who are most foolish."

Niften

• Awards 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Crevis
    • Awards
« Reply #146 on: March 20, 2017, 11:06:31 PM »
Game was a huge let down, and the update brought features that should have been there initially. The game still feels very boring and I can't stand to play for a session longer than ten minutes.
ya mad or ya bad?