Author Topic:  [How to] Use Books - Editing & Management  (Read 1903 times)

muD

• Legendary Member
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13) 2 years on site+300 posts Former MotM winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
[How to] Use Books - Editing & Management
« on: March 16, 2014, 12:22:49 AM »
How to edit books:

• Get a book.  :!
  • Press B to open your inventory
  • Move your cursor to the book & press LB

You will now see the book displayed, 'Untitled', with some options;
X Edit Title
A Open Book
Y Copy Book

Pressing X will Edit the Title of the book -the wording displayed on the front & name of the book in your inventory.

Pressing A to Open the book will offer options for turning & editing each of the pages.

Pressing Y will make a copy of the book to another blank book in your inventory.

Pressing B will close the book options, going back to your inventory menu

Book management:

There can be a maximum of 126 unique books per world. Unlimited copies of these books can be made

Make a copy of each book you make & store it somewhere safe.
Editing either copy of the book will change both books - So this copy will be the one used to make any further edits to the book you have placed elsewhere.

You can make as many copies of a book you wish - Editing any of them will change all of them, wherever they are in your world.

Keeping copies means you do not have to go and break your placed book & pick it up into your inventory if you want to edit it again.
Plus, storing copies of your books means you have a backup. -They cannot get mistakenly deleted, broken n lost.

I keep all my books in locked chests in my Admin HQ. From there i can edit every book placed around my world.

Opening the chest and pressing LB on the book will open the editing options. - You do not have to take the books out of the chest, or storage block.

« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 02:19:41 PM by muD »

.ok

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 4 years on site+1000 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: -=How to=- Books [Editing & Management]
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2014, 10:03:55 AM »
are u able to store & edit books in book cases
and are random ppl able to say
go to a case and read each or whtvr book they chose
or do u have to put the book out

Gary

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Steam: Conmaan ... ... Discord: Conmaan #9586
  • Awards 1 year on site+100 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2014, 01:46:33 PM »
I had no problem placing books on tables...?

Link to my youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo4rmelSOUB9YMM0Is-zWyQ

muD

• Legendary Member
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13) 2 years on site+300 posts Former MotM winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2014, 07:35:02 PM »
are u able to store & edit books in book cases
and are random ppl able to say
go to a case and read each or whtvr book they chose
or do u have to put the book out
Yes, anyone with Adventure permissions can open the unlocked container & read the book without having to take it.
Putting the book out means Adventurers can read it but not break, edit or take it.

Gary

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Awards 1 year on site+100 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2014, 06:54:13 PM »
Hey muD! I have a question you might know the anwser to, and also a suggestion for this post.

Can edited books be copied and saved as a component and be transferred to other worlds? I have heard conflictory (lets hope thats a word) information about this. Also, this would be kind of nice to include in your OP.

muD

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2014, 07:22:05 PM »
Hey muD! I have a question you might know the anwser to, and also a suggestion for this post.

Can edited books be copied and saved as a component and be transferred to other worlds? I have heard conflictory (lets hope thats a word) information about this. Also, this would be kind of nice to include in your OP.
Unfortunately the data is not saved in books in components.

Gary

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2014, 07:42:06 PM »
Unfortunately the data is not saved in books in components.

:/ Damn...

Andrew96wright

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: [How to] Use Books - Editing & Management
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2014, 12:59:39 PM »
I tried this tutorial but when I press lb on the book it just goes across to a different items, help?

Nexy Recordsmith

• A squirrel.
  • Awards Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13) 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: SPO I NeXuS
Re: [How to] Use Books - Editing & Management
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2014, 01:29:41 PM »
I tried this tutorial but when I press lb on the book it just goes across to a different items, help?
You have to open your inventory first, this is done by pressing B (with default controls)