Author Topic:  16 textures  (Read 487 times)

TRex

• Elite Member
  • Old dog of the Forums
  • Awards Former MotM winners 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: SpindlierT Rex
16 textures
« on: July 11, 2013, 12:00:53 AM »
I have been wondering about the textures.

Can non Admin remove textures from ramps, stairs, fences, signs, multitexture if in use or even if not in use if so I hope it changes.  I believe only admin need the right to add or remove textures from the list and players have to pick from the list that is already picked out to use.

Also I'm pretty sure non edit zones textures can not be changed or even acessed by non admin even if they have edit rights.

Shorts the Environmentalist

• Supreme Member
  • I like to do graphics!
  • Awards 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Shortpants128
Re: 16 textures
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2013, 12:16:50 AM »
I think this question should be in question and answers section, nt here.
Sorry I'm on my phone, so I can't really give you a link p it. (Maybe you just posted this here by accident)
Doctor Who superfan! and first to break the topic section! First to be Legendary Member! I also claim to have the biggest name :3
/apm /ag /ag /ag /ag

Steam and XBL GT :
Shortpants128

RF Inn The Jet

• Supreme Member
  • I love this community, You read my name wrong ;)
  • Awards 1 year on site+100 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 4 years on site+1000 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Former MotM winners Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Get Inn The Jet
  • PSN: Get_Inn_The_Jet
  • Steam: Get_Inn_The_Jet
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2013, 12:21:58 AM »
yes, as long as the have the.. edit permission, I believe, they can change the textures. not 100% positive, but im pretty sure
Host of Communicraft

Thanks GK +Grim

MountainDewIt

• Elite Member
  • Awards 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts Former MotM winners Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: cooldude013
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2013, 02:46:32 AM »
yes, as long as the have the.. edit permission, I believe, they can change the textures. not 100% positive, but im pretty sure
Yes it's the Edit permission.

TRex

• Elite Member
  • Old dog of the Forums
  • Awards Former MotM winners 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2013, 05:54:37 PM »
Nope found out that the add remove is in creative with system shops this is a bad combination.  Mabye moving the add/remove features for stairs,ramps,half blocks, fences, multi texture, pictures, tables could be moved to admin I would feel loads safer then.

AlienizdPixel

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Hello
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: A1ienizdPixe1
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2013, 07:45:05 PM »
It fine the way it is, Creative is for the people who are building the map but can't control it. It would quite annoying when everyone is asking for Admin so they can make they're house look better.
-Alionz

TRex

• Elite Member
  • Old dog of the Forums
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2013, 12:58:49 AM »
Editing textures is different than adding and removing Like I already maxed out a few of the textures block don't want people removing one to add one they want and have to go back and fix the world after.

I believe that only Admin should be able to pick the 16 textures/pictures to add/remove from the usable selection for the world and every one else has to abide to it else people would be removing one like grass for example.  All the ones that are grass would become ramp textured.  On my map that would be more work than it is worth.

People can edit the textures in edit zones but only use the ones the admin picked out they can not add usable textures to the list of 16.  Mabye on the PC and next gen all textures could be used but until then admin only need this right.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2013, 01:05:16 AM by TRex »

AlienizdPixel

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Hello
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2013, 07:56:27 AM »
Editing textures is different than adding and removing Like I already maxed out a few of the textures block don't want people removing one to add one they want and have to go back and fix the world after.

I believe that only Admin should be able to pick the 16 textures/pictures to add/remove from the usable selection for the world and every one else has to abide to it else people would be removing one like grass for example.  All the ones that are grass would become ramp textured.  On my map that would be more work than it is worth.

People can edit the textures in edit zones but only use the ones the admin picked out they can not add usable textures to the list of 16.  Mabye on the PC and next gen all textures could be used but until then admin only need this right.
Exactly, I'm too lazy to add the texture on a Ramp for someone and I give Admin to almost nobody. Don't think of your own world and self when doing these! Oh, if you have a no-edit zone on these textured blocks, nobody can change the textures.
-Alionz

TRex

• Elite Member
  • Old dog of the Forums
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2013, 08:40:28 AM »
Okay tell me how would you feel if someone switched one of your ramp textures reseting all the ones using that texture to default would you be happy. 

People editing textures/pictures is not the issue it is them removing one I added to the usable list for my buildings so they can have one they want.

AlienizdPixel

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Hello
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2013, 11:55:05 AM »
Okay tell me how would you feel if someone switched one of your ramp textures reseting all the ones using that texture to default would you be happy. 

People editing textures/pictures is not the issue it is them removing one I added to the usable list for my buildings so they can have one they want.
I use zones. Besides, when ever I have time I can replace the textures easily, and remember who did it, and never see them again. The easiest thing is to make a zone around every textured Block and there textures in one zone, have it be no-edit, and no-one can replace the textures. It's easy, simple, and effective!
-Alionz