Author Topic:  Minecraft  (Read 59994 times)

Dryym

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site 3 years on site Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: dryym
Re: Minecraft
« Reply #1005 on: May 27, 2016, 05:52:37 PM »

This... Took... Forever........

I have been messing around with modeling skins like the devs for MC Console Edition do. Ignore the cat ears on the head, That was just left over from the previous data. I modeled the strap with the pouches on it.

I can say with almost 100% certainty that I am the first (non developer) person in the world to do this on MC in the way that I did it.

Creator of the term "Deathmine "
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym

Jesse

• Extreme Member
  • Retired TM Youtuber
  • Awards Top contributors to the forum downloads. Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Former MotM winners 4 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site 2 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Old Channel
    • Awards
  • Xbox: YT Mysterio
  • PSN: YT_Mysterio
  • Steam: YT Mysterio
« Reply #1006 on: May 27, 2016, 08:06:53 PM »

I have been messing around with modeling skins like the devs for MC Console Edition do. Ignore the cat ears on the head, That was just left over from the previous data. I modeled the strap with the pouches on it.

I can say with almost 100% certainty that I am the first (non developer) person in the world to do this on MC in the way that I did it.
Looks 3D almost. BOBsCAST did a tm Robotic a few months back on minecraft pc. What is the black stuff on the side?

/mm Thanks Gold Knight for sig /mm
/mm MotM September '14 /mm
/mm Robo February '15 /mm
/mm 4th Demi Gods December '16 /mm
/mm YouTube: Mythical Monkey /mm

Dryym

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site 3 years on site Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1007 on: May 27, 2016, 08:22:34 PM »

Looks 3D almost. BOBsCAST did a tm Robotic a few months back on minecraft pc. What is the black stuff on the side?

It is 3D. I took my Thief skin and added 3D bits to it the same way the MC CE devs do.

That is why it took forever.

The black bits on the head are from the skin I used as a base, The model data for the head is still there, But there is an invalid texture. So it just looks weird, And kinda like cat ears.

Jesse

• Extreme Member
  • Retired TM Youtuber
  • Awards Top contributors to the forum downloads. Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Former MotM winners 4 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site 2 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Old Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #1008 on: May 27, 2016, 08:40:05 PM »

It is 3D. I took my Thief skin and added 3D bits to it the same way the MC CE devs do.

The black bits on the head are from the skin I used as a base, The model data for the head is still there, But there is an invalid texture. So it just looks weird, And kinda like cat ears.
Oh ok you did good at creating that. you able to free play using that or just offline.

Dryym

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1009 on: May 27, 2016, 08:44:50 PM »

Oh ok you did good at creating that. you able to free play using that or just offline.

Technically no. This was made by using a "texture pack" on MCPE to change the .json data of a skin pack skin to my liking. Other people will just see the skin I replaced.

It is still pretty cool though. I may try making a TM avatar just to see how it goes.

Jesse

• Extreme Member
  • Retired TM Youtuber
    • View Profile
    • Old Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #1010 on: May 27, 2016, 08:54:29 PM »

Technically no. This was made by using a "texture pack" on MCPE to change the .json data of a skin pack skin to my liking. Other people will just see the skin I replaced.

It is still pretty cool though. I may try making a TM avatar just to see how it goes.
Yea does look cool. Only throw off is the template black. But yea. Looks cool look foward to see if you make a totalMiner avatar.

Peril Knight

• RIP totalbiscuit
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: FighterOfNight
  • PSN: Getting one very soon
  • Steam: Daughters of Belmont
« Reply #1011 on: June 17, 2016, 11:07:30 PM »
If anyone has Minecraft for the Windows 10, I need help getting one of the last two achievements. The "Diamonds to You!" achievement is the one I need someone to help me get.
My Progress on mega man 10 hard mode mr perfect so far...

Code: [Select]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wj8WF82BMoE&list=PLDeFO7dqjf2EIQN8UiS0oy3pwNkLQ-vdn

TheDestinedCrab

• Legendary Member
  • Did you see that? Me neither.
  • Awards 3 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1012 on: February 03, 2017, 05:32:54 PM »
Digging this old topic up..

Does anyone know any really active minecraft servers (multiplayer) for MCPC? I've recently got the game again and a lot of the servers from 3 years ago are down :P
Thanks Gold Knight for the amazing sig!

Jim

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Instagram @mrjamie99
  • Awards 3 years on site Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 2 years on site 1 year on site I AM THE LAW!
    • View Profile
    • My photography Facebook page!
    • Awards
  • Xbox: vJamie xD
  • Steam: Jimalene
« Reply #1013 on: February 04, 2017, 07:28:01 AM »

Does anyone know any really active minecraft servers (multiplayer) for MCPC? I've recently got the game again and a lot of the servers from 3 years ago are down :P

May just be difficult to actually find a server because if you look at analytics and statistics, Minecraft is basically "dying"

Also if you've noticed, most of the really big Minecraft YouTubers don't play it and upload it as often, or don't play it at all. I'm still subscribed to a few big Minecraft YouTubers and each of them has over 3 million subscribers and they only get around 50K views a video. Their fan bases are really inactive.

Sad to see these big channels slowly fade away but that might be a reason to why you're finding it hard to play that. People just aren't playing the game anymore.

3rd in the world to unlock Demigods
Jr Moderator given on January 2nd 2017
Global Moderator given on December 27th 2017
YouTube: Jimalene
bob [31|Dec 12:56 PM]: Howdy Jimster

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
  • Awards 3 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Jack Of Shades Youtube Gaming Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #1014 on: February 04, 2017, 07:32:24 PM »
Just like all fads, this one is fading away. Guitar hero is one such unique title. Starts off hot and smolders out eventually. Such is life. :/

TheDestinedCrab

• Legendary Member
  • Did you see that? Me neither.
  • Awards 3 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1015 on: February 05, 2017, 07:18:29 AM »
Just like all fads, this one is fading away. Guitar hero is one such unique title. Starts off hot and smolders out eventually. Such is life. :/

May just be difficult to actually find a server because if you look at analytics and statistics, Minecraft is basically "dying"

Also if you've noticed, most of the really big Minecraft YouTubers don't play it and upload it as often, or don't play it at all. I'm still subscribed to a few big Minecraft YouTubers and each of them has over 3 million subscribers and they only get around 50K views a video. Their fan bases are really inactive.

Sad to see these big channels slowly fade away but that might be a reason to why you're finding it hard to play that. People just aren't playing the game anymore.

It's a shame, really. I can only find a few actually good and active servers. Even so, because people are limited I'm often kicked because there are too many people on. Skybounds (IP: skybounds.com OR play.skybounds.com) is an example of this. I play on a prison server called city prison (server.cityprison.net is the IP) and it's then only good server that I can find that doesn't have so many people on.

I love the game, and probably always will. I hope to see the game have a massive update or something where it inspires people to play again.
Thanks Gold Knight for the amazing sig!

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
  • Awards 3 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Jack Of Shades Youtube Gaming Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #1016 on: February 05, 2017, 09:28:33 PM »
Due to the latest updates on the past several months, I've been wanting to attempt to play it again.

Gary

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Steam: Conmaan ... ... Discord: Conmaan #9586
  • Awards 1 year on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1017 on: February 06, 2017, 01:49:49 AM »
I mean a minimum of 10,000 people buy the game each day, so there are still plenty of people playing.

Link to my youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo4rmelSOUB9YMM0Is-zWyQ

Jim

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Instagram @mrjamie99
  • Awards 3 years on site Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 2 years on site 1 year on site I AM THE LAW!
    • View Profile
    • My photography Facebook page!
    • Awards
  • Xbox: vJamie xD
  • Steam: Jimalene
« Reply #1018 on: February 06, 2017, 06:22:05 AM »
I haven't played Minecraft in well over a year but from what I can remember, they brought out some battle mode thingy which can have up to 8 players per battle.

However I remember it was awful as it was so damn laggy that it was basically unplayable. If you have played on a friends map with a maximum of 3 players, it lags extremely badly, mobs can hit you from like 10 blocks away and if you were to mine stuff, the drops wouldn't show up half the time.

So try taking 8 players and have them fight each other is so incredibly laggy.

3rd in the world to unlock Demigods
Jr Moderator given on January 2nd 2017
Global Moderator given on December 27th 2017
YouTube: Jimalene
bob [31|Dec 12:56 PM]: Howdy Jimster

TM Charles

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site 2 years on site 1 year on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15
    • View Profile
    • ::)
    • Awards
  • Xbox: ETTP & Mr Zincy
« Reply #1019 on: February 06, 2017, 04:18:12 PM »
I haven't played Minecraft in well over a year but from what I can remember, they brought out some battle mode thingy which can have up to 8 players per battle.

However I remember it was awful as it was so damn laggy that it was basically unplayable. If you have played on a friends map with a maximum of 3 players, it lags extremely badly, mobs can hit you from like 10 blocks away and if you were to mine stuff, the drops wouldn't show up half the time.

So try taking 8 players and have them fight each other is so incredibly laggy.
Never had the issue you had, you probably were connecting to someone far away or your host is bad. I never have had an issue with lag.

On another note 1.12 is on its way and looks good for builders wool is more vibrant and there are 2 new block types which all use the color pallet that the wool does.

Also as said in a tweet from dinnerbone they only have 4 more block ID's left but they have been working on a solution.