Author Topic: [Game] Is Total Miner dead in the water?  (Read 2246 times)

XvCrimsonWingvX

• Master Gamer? Amateur Person.. King of the Zombies
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: XvCrimsonWingvX
  • PSN: CrimsonWingX
  • Steam: CrimsonWingX
[Game] Is Total Miner dead in the water?
« on: August 14, 2017, 05:44:35 PM »
Because it really seems like it is...
"If you knew me like I know myself, you would hate me like I hate myself."

Fuertey

• Elite Member
  • Keyboard not found. Press F1 to continue.
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts 3 years on site+600 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Fuertey
  • Steam: Fuertey
Re: Is Total Miner dead in the water?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2017, 06:13:44 PM »
"sigh"

No.

Be patient.

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Jack Of Shades Youtube Gaming Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2017, 07:43:33 PM »
There's one guy working on the entire game. I've said it before and I'll say it again: it's just like stardew valley. Eric barone is the sole dev. It took him years to release the game. Craig is the sole dev. There is no huge team behind this game. Just Craig. It may take more time than usual. Unless you know game development inside and out and can lend a helping hand?

Platinum Dryym

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: dryym
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2017, 10:34:00 PM »
This is actually a fairly normal wait between major updates tbh. Yeah, Craig's on break, But he has worked on the game almost nonstop for like 3 years. The only major break he has had that I know of was during 2.0's development.

Creator of the term "Deathmine "
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym

GoatOnTheMoon

• Supreme Member
  • YT: Nefty
  • Awards Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
    • Awards
  • Xbox: GoatOnTheMoon
  • PSN: N/A
  • Steam: GoatOnTheMoon
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2017, 11:55:57 AM »
If you're able to sign onto a 360 and play the game still with other people online, is it really dead?

crazytater94

• Supreme Member
  • Mastering TM since 2011
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: crazytater94
  • PSN: crazytater94 (Inactive)
  • Steam: crazytater94
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2017, 02:51:58 AM »
If you truly believe in the spirit of total miner, its never dead.

Not to mention, when people wear their fabulous total miner shirt (like me ;) ), its never forgotten

Jesse

• Extreme Member
  • Oldest Lasting TM Youtuber.
  • Awards Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Former MotM winners 4 years on site+1000 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • YouTube: BOBsCAST
    • Awards
  • Xbox: YT Mysterio
  • PSN: YT_Mysterio
  • Steam: YT Mysterio
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2017, 05:00:22 AM »
If you truly believe in the spirit of total miner, its never dead.

Not to mention, when people wear their fabulous total miner shirt (like me ;) ), its never forgotten
I still have my mug with my old youtube name on it. That i failed and ordered two of. Those were the days.

/mm Thanks Gold Knight for sig /mm
/mm MotM September '14 /mm
/mm Robo February '15 /mm
/mm 4th Demi Gods December '16 /mm
/mm Youtube: BOBsCAST /mm

MadDog95

• Keeping it hidden (<3)
  • Awards Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 1 year on site+100 posts Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: MAdDOgDEaN95
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2017, 05:51:15 AM »
I think in terms of new content for the existing player base the game is currently dead right?, as there can't be any further updates for the 360.
And I imagine the remaining players are very few in number.

But as for the community, I don't think that's dead.
I believe (or maybe "want to believe") that a lot of TM's community is in some sort of "hibernation process" (myself included) while we wait for the PC version of the game to be released.

Jared

• Supreme Member
  • Maze/Trivia Builder & Previous Total Miner Tester
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 2 years on site+300 posts Former MotM winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Jeff McNewmen
  • PSN: Jeff_McNewmen
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2017, 11:34:04 AM »
Because it really seems like it is...
No.

《Thank You GK & Mysterio For These Astonishing Signitures!》

November Jim

• Jr. Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners I shot the sherriff 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: vJamie xD
  • Steam: Jimalene
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2017, 05:03:57 PM »
I hopped on earlier just to see what was up and who was hosting (I posted this about an hour after I was on the game) and there is still plenty of worlds being hosted.

Altogether there were 30 worlds being hosted which is a fair amount. Adding to this in each world, there was a minimum of at least 2-3 players in about 17/30 words that were being hosted at this time.

Yes the game is a little quiet right now, mainly because of people who have moved on from their 360 and switched over to the Xbox one or other consoles, and a lot of people are just simply waiting for the game to be released on PC.

3rd in the world to unlock Demigods
Jr Moderator given on January 2nd 2017
YouTube: Jimalene
bob [31|Dec 12:56 PM]: Howdy Jimster

crazytater94

• Supreme Member
  • Mastering TM since 2011
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: crazytater94
  • PSN: crazytater94 (Inactive)
  • Steam: crazytater94
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2017, 01:38:01 AM »
I still play, but don't host public because I don't have to be on modding/briefing patrol, and so I'm not spammed with "CaN I BuIld?"

I do host privately though, so if you want to see what I'm up to, feel free to message me and I'll invite you

The Gold Knight

• Elite Member
  • Ya hoser
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts Former MotM winners 1 year on site+100 posts Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13)
    • View Profile
    • Insert Clickbait Title Here!
    • Awards
  • Other: 何
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2017, 02:09:56 AM »
Yes, the game is dead. We had to offer it as a sacrifice to the Eldritch Gods to prolong the end of the world as we know it. Lord Cthulhu is fond of voxels...

XvCrimsonWingvX

• Master Gamer? Amateur Person.. King of the Zombies
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: XvCrimsonWingvX
  • PSN: CrimsonWingX
  • Steam: CrimsonWingX
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2017, 05:06:42 PM »
Yes, the game is dead. We had to offer it as a sacrifice to the Eldritch Gods to prolong the end of the world as we know it. Lord Cthulhu is fond of voxels...

Thank you! Someone finally speaking the truth. I knew there was something wrong, but you all said I was crazy!
"If you knew me like I know myself, you would hate me like I hate myself."