Author Topic: [WIP] GreenCloud  (Read 507 times)

RaPiDzZ123

• If it doesn't challange you, It doesn't change you
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Zeus RaPiDzZ
[WIP] GreenCloud
« on: July 05, 2017, 03:47:22 AM »
Hello everyone, today I'm going to show off my map and hope to get some feedback and constructive criticism.

So first off a little bit about GreenCloud - 

GreenCloud is a prison style map and was created for the soul purpose of entertaining the community of TotalMiner. I know what you maybe thinking, 'Oh not another one of these time wasting Deathmine servers'... Well this is what is special about GreenCloud, I have designed it in a way in which everything is fair, no player is treated better than another. It will take time and dedication in order to proceed through the ranks. I have tried to make this map as detailed and unique as possible to try bring in the community and create a fun and exciting game for everyone to play.

General Information -

New player:
First off, once you spawn into the map you will be introduced to a HUDMenu in which you will have the option to pick from 1 of 3 classes... But be careful each of these classes will be better than the other so choose wisely! There will be a book to each of the 4 sides of you, please read one as it contains most of the information that is critical for you to enjoy your stay.. and it also prevents alot of questions  :P.

Staffs:
In your inventory you will see that there is a [Nature Staff] and a [Light Staff], these will be used to activate certain scripts within the server i.e the [Nature Staff] will be used to teleport to the main destinations and the [Light Staff] will be used to sell your blocks within the rank Sourcerous.

Quests:
Quests is a very big part of GreenCloud it gives you the power to unlock CloudGems which I will speak about just in a minute. In order to receive a quest you must visit rank Sourcerous and in there you will see a prisoner, the prisoner will be named quest. You must click on the prisoner and select quest 1, the reasoning behind this is because I have made the system fair so that you cannot choose higher quests and become OP at the start of the game, you must first complete the quests before the higher ones.

Cloudgems:
Cloudgems are a virtual currency within GreenCloud which can be obtained as you have been informed above by doing quests. These quests will be easy as long as you put in the time and effort. Each quest you complete you will be presented with a certain amount of Cloudgems depending on the difficulty of your task. Cloudgems will then be used to purchase items at the Shop such as pickaxes etc... I have designed the shop in such a way that you must a few requirements in order to purchase pickaxes so that the system doesn't become unfair and people start with the most OP Pickaxe and beat the game instantly, so this is why Cloudgems were introduced.

Please give me some other ideas in ways which Cloudgems can be obtained from doing different things.

Ranks:
Again as I stated above, everything is fair including the ranking system. In order to reach max rank you must first complete all the ranks which come before it. As of now there 4 ranks (Easy Ranks) - Sourcerous, Darkham, Snitch and Garda. Prices of these ranks will change as the server comes to release date so I will not finalise these as of now. Each mine will have a five minute automatic reset. In future there will be 4 more ranks added (Harder Ranks) please leave some ideas/suggestions in what these might contain, because after all its a community server and I want it to be built in a way you can all enjoy.

Shop:
In the shop you will have a varity of items to buy, whether it be for building on your plot or getting some fancy gear to mine at the mines with, they have it all!
But with great resources come great requirements.. Some of the items at the shop will have requirements and will not cost you GP, whereas other items will cost you GP. i.e a steel pickaxe will cost you 2 Cloudgems.

I will also be introducing a blackmarket in which players can sell their items off to other players with prices as they see fit. (Ideas on this??)

Plots:
Plots is also a very big part of GreenCloud. They give you the opportunity to be able to show off some of your builds or maybe store some of your must valuable items. A plot will cost a sum of 250,000GP, although its expensive it is worth it. No one apart from you will be able to mine in this area. In the event that you are very rich you will have access to be able to buy more than one plot if you are running out of space in your old plot that is.

Banking:
GreenCloud has its very own banking system in which your money will be stored and kept safe virtually. In order to acquire a bank you must first be rank Darkham, once you have reached this rank at spawn you will see two bankers (Entrepreneurs). There will be two options to Deposit and Withdraw, you can only deposit and withdraw 1000GP at a time, don't worry your money is safe with us  8).

As I say this server is still in development, any suggestions and ideas to improve this map are much appreciated.. There is still so much to add so stay tuned and enjoy the experience!

Green Cloud

TheDestinedCrab

• Legendary Member
  • Did you see that? Me neither.
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: GreenCloud
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2017, 03:47:13 PM »
I think I like the direction that you say this server is going. It'd be great to see some pics and maybe even a video.
Thanks Gold Knight for the amazing sig!

RaPiDzZ123

• If it doesn't challange you, It doesn't change you
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Zeus RaPiDzZ
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2017, 10:08:00 PM »
I think I like the direction that you say this server is going. It'd be great to see some pics and maybe even a video.

Thanks for the feedback, I'm in the process of getting pictures taken of the map and will update this thread when I have done so  :).
Green Cloud

cY Agent 115

• Death to trolls on the forums
  • Awards 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: cY Agent 115
  • Steam: cY Agent 115
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2017, 12:52:13 AM »
i like the idea of the staffs that do different things, but are they in your inventory at all times? and if so aren't they droppable upon death?