Author Topic:  My Art(Pixel Art, Images, and maybe some suggestion)  (Read 584 times)

TM Charles

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 3 years on site+600 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • ::)
    • Awards
  • Xbox: ETTP & Mr Zincy
My Art(Pixel Art, Images, and maybe some suggestion)
« on: January 18, 2017, 12:39:35 AM »
Charles's Artwork

Here I will show off any pixel art or general art I do here.
Over the last few days, I have had a sudden spark in wanting to do art so I thought while I do I shall share my adventures as well get advice on what I'm doing wrong or could do better.

I am open to suggestions on what I should do like general things, if you want personal art done PM me and ill get back to you on If I will do it or not.

Any artwork here besides the ones marked with "Not For Use!" can be used in your TM profile or anywhere as long as you credit me.

On TM Forums: Made By: TM Charles
Anywhere Else: Made By: @ieyfo

Pixel Art

Much more to come, open to suggestions :D.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 01:23:40 AM by TM Charles »

Platinum Dryym

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: dryym
Re: My Art(Pixel Art, Images, and maybe some suggestion)
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2017, 10:12:43 AM »
I am not much of an artist, But I do have a healthy ability to know when something looks just wrong.

Your duck tree just looks wrong. The tree itself is fine for a cartoony style (Aside from the nonsensical shading at the bottom of the roots.)

However, The other stuff looks like it's just pasted on top of it. If that's an intentional aesthetic then fine, But you should make it known that it's intentional and not just you not making things look right.

Also, The duckbill doesn't look as good as the rest of the tree. The lines are pixelated and the nostril is in the wrong place (The nostrils of ducks are further back, On the raised bit of the bill.)

Overall, It's not terrible, The tree itself is fine for a certain aesthetic, But the additions bring it down.

You could immediately do a bit better just by turning anti aliasing on to reduce some of the pixelation.

Creator of the term "Deathmine "
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym

TM Charles

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 3 years on site+600 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2017, 05:22:16 PM »
I am not much of an artist, But I do have a healthy ability to know when something looks just wrong.

Your duck tree just looks wrong. The tree itself is fine for a cartoony style (Aside from the nonsensical shading at the bottom of the roots.)

However, The other stuff looks like it's just pasted on top of it. If that's an intentional aesthetic then fine, But you should make it known that it's intentional and not just you not making things look right.
Yea, it was so that it stuck out more as on twitter its a black background if its transparent making anything black look likes its transparent so i made it pixelated so it stuck out.

Also, The duckbill doesn't look as good as the rest of the tree. The lines are pixelated and the nostril is in the wrong place (The nostrils of ducks are further back, On the raised bit of the bill.)
^^

Overall, It's not terrible, The tree itself is fine for a certain aesthetic, But the additions bring it down.

You could immediately do a bit better just by turning anti-aliasing on to reduce some of the pixelation.
The guy requested what he did I just made it happen :D

The White Wabbit

• Legendary Member
  • Are you a solo builder too?
  • Awards 2 years on site+300 posts Former MotM winners 1 year on site+100 posts Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Nobodies56
  • PSN: A_Blessed_Potato
  • Steam: Ray
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2017, 08:21:53 PM »
As someone who loves pixel art/sprites in everyway there are a few tips that I learnt years ago;

-Never use black to outline anything, it makes the area look highlighted and out of place.
-While doing shading have one focus point that will be where the light hits then you can have correct shadow/ colour gradiant.
-The tree itself has just one blob of green for the leaves, maybe try and spread the leaves add a few branches.

My major bit of advice is always spend a lot of time on detail. I once posted on PixelJoint years ago and even though it was simple art it was destroyed by them so I learnt the hard way.

Thanks GK for the new sig it looks great!

You may be able to teach a chimp to dance, but will he dance for your tune?

CDJ

• RPG
  • Awards 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Creative Viperz
  • Steam: TotalMiner
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2017, 08:35:48 PM »
Looks okay, i do pixel art myself.

TM Charles

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2017, 11:20:02 AM »
Added: Isometric Beach

Did enjoy making this was just doing it for learning how to make these types of tiles to get the best shape and made that.

Platinum Dryym

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: dryym
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2017, 12:02:24 PM »
In terms of the actual thing itself, It's done well enough. My problem with it is that it is waaaaay steeper than you would generally imagine from a beach. It'd be cool if the beach itself was much shallower.

Creator of the term "Deathmine "
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym

CDJ

• RPG
  • Awards 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Creative Viperz
  • Steam: TotalMiner
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2017, 08:12:33 AM »
Love the look of that beach, may i ask what software you are using to make these at the moment?