Author Topic:  PC release date  (Read 1508 times)

Jaz

• Supreme Member
  • - Jaz
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members 3 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners 4 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • The Useless Web
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Jaz the MAN 2
  • PSN: Jaz_the_MAN_2
  • Steam: Jaz the MAN 2
PC release date
« on: August 24, 2016, 12:42:34 AM »
When do you think TM:PC will be released?

Nothing too serious, just a bit of fun! Maybe the person who gets the closest will win a prize or somet-.. Yes... The winner will win a prize!

Whoever gets the closest wins a prize! I'm not sure what it is yet! Most likely just a "*hugs*" sent to your inbox, but who knows!

I am guessing a release of somewhere in Summer 2017, let's say July 20th.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 12:52:12 AM by Jaz »

I had to break up with Medusa. I just got sick of buying mice for her hair.
I should have ended it sooner, but you try looking into those eyes.

Pringle

• Legendary Member
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 3 years on site 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: pringle2009
Re: PC release date
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2016, 01:30:59 AM »
Now that Xbox updates are pretty much done, I think that Craig being devoted full time to that will make it happen much quicker.
Holidays 2016. (December 20th maybe lol)
https://m.

Jaz

• Supreme Member
  • - Jaz
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members 3 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners 4 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • The Useless Web
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Jaz the MAN 2
  • PSN: Jaz_the_MAN_2
  • Steam: Jaz the MAN 2
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2016, 01:34:07 AM »
Now that Xbox updates are pretty much done, I think that Craig being devoted full time to that will make it happen much quicker.
Holidays 2016. (December 20th maybe lol)
2016? I'd see that doubtful, but I am not for one second wanting you to be wrong.

I had to break up with Medusa. I just got sick of buying mice for her hair.
I should have ended it sooner, but you try looking into those eyes.

Dryym

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site 3 years on site Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: dryym
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2016, 06:53:26 AM »
Derfen said about 6 months ago that progress was going well, He expected it to be out by mid-late summer at that time, But then Craig took time off and then worked more on finishing the 360 version.

So using those estimates, I'd say PC would be ready for an initial release around February, Or March. Barring any complications.

However, It may very well be 5 years from now, And you won't even recognize the game when it is released.

Creator of the term "Deathmine "
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym

Steve

• Elite Member
  • Awards Unique Content Contributors Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 3 years on site 2 years on site 1 year on site Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Total Miner Forums
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Derfen Steve
  • Steam: Derfen Steve
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2016, 03:55:49 PM »
Derfen said about 6 months ago that progress was going well, He expected it to be out by mid-late summer at that time, But then Craig took time off and then worked more on finishing the 360 version.

So using those estimates, I'd say PC would be ready for an initial release around February, Or March. Barring any complications.

However, It may very well be 5 years from now, And you won't even recognize the game when it is released.

Yea, I believe to main cause was that he went ahead and worked on 360/additions until the end which was not the original plan afaik,

I assume Craig enjoys adding new things more than working on optimizing a port lol

March or april release would be lovely, but who knows.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 03:58:52 PM by Steve »

Jakub34

• Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kongregate.com/games/Coolio_Niato/streamline?acomplete=streaml
    • Awards
  • Xbox: jakub34
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2016, 05:58:21 PM »
TM PC is coming out tomorrow
Spoiler for Hidden Content:
Lol XD

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
  • Awards Developer 5 years on site 4 years on site 3 years on site 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Awards
  • Steam: tota1miner
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2016, 06:05:36 PM »
I assume Craig enjoys adding new things more than working on optimizing a port lol
No. I employed Campbell to help me do the actual port and meanwhile I intended to add the new features I thought were necessary for a PC release. However the continuous problems with the Xbox Live marketplace was a major setback. And employing Campbell was a big mistake on my part, it ending up costing me a lot of time, months. And for people who have problems reading correctly, I will reiterate, it was not Campbell's fault in any way whatsoever, I take full responsibility.

Steve

• Elite Member
  • Awards Unique Content Contributors Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 3 years on site 2 years on site 1 year on site Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Total Miner Forums
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Derfen Steve
  • Steam: Derfen Steve
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2016, 06:18:18 PM »
No. I employed Campbell to help me do the actual port and meanwhile I intended to add the new features I thought were necessary for a PC release. However the continuous problems with the Xbox Live marketplace was a major setback. And employing Campbell was a big mistake on my part, it ending up costing me a lot of time, months. And for people who have problems reading correctly, I will reiterate, it was not Campbell's fault in any way whatsoever, I take full responsibility.

Oh I see, I was not aware that caused a set back, I knew it never worked out but had no idea it ended up costing so much time, thats unfortunate.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 06:19:57 PM by Steve »

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
  • Awards Developer 5 years on site 4 years on site 3 years on site 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Awards
  • Steam: tota1miner
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2016, 06:27:41 PM »
The marketplace problems were a major cause of delay. The people remaining at XNA just don't have the development experience to understand how the problems with their system were causing many developers many deeper problems than just having a buggy update download. Just one of many problems it caused for Studio Forge was that Campbell and I were never able to merge the PC and Xbox code bases. That in itself was a major delay and setback, because that merge would have enabled us to push forward with the port full time. Their broken system also caused us other delays for other reasons. The problems with their system isn't the only reason for the PC delays but it is a significant contributor.