Author Topic:  +1 not working  (Read 936 times)

Atlas

• Extreme Member
  • Atlas Telamon
  • Awards 4 years on site 3 years on site Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site Former MotM winners Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: atlh3
  • Steam: The_Green_Condom
+1 not working
« on: May 25, 2013, 08:05:02 PM »
i dont know why but for some reason i have lost my ability to +1 posts. does anyone know how this could happen?

Miner of the Month for January 2014
But you can call me the salaminizer!
#BanAtlas

bob

• Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • Awards Award for outstanding excellence in the field of bob 5 years on site 4 years on site 3 years on site 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: +1 not working
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2013, 08:08:56 PM »
I have it disabled due to too many people abusing it. It will return one day when I'm in a good mood. If the abuse and nonsense continues after that, I'll be removing it altogether.

Atlas

• Extreme Member
  • Atlas Telamon
  • Awards 4 years on site 3 years on site Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site Former MotM winners Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2013, 08:09:41 PM »
I have it disabled due to too many people abusing it. It will return one day when I'm in a good mood. If the abuse and nonsense continues after that, I'll be removing it altogether.
not to be rude, but abuse how? isnt that the only way to get rep?

#BanAtlas

KUi Klutch

• Legendary Member
  • Życie jest trudne, mimo wszystko, to cię zabije.
  • Awards 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site Former MotM winners Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13) 3 years on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Zz Klann zZ
  • Steam: KUi Klutch
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2013, 08:11:20 PM »
He's talking about neg rep people are abusing towards others.

Atlas

• Extreme Member
  • Atlas Telamon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2013, 08:13:25 PM »
oh okay. then why not just take the -1 away?

#BanAtlas

bob

• Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • Awards Award for outstanding excellence in the field of bob 5 years on site 4 years on site 3 years on site 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2013, 08:18:55 PM »

This.

And I'm not going to be removing negative rep because I feel that if someone actually does deserve one. They should get it.

It's the following each other around to topics just to spam rep them that needs to stop. It's dumb, and if people can't use it right, they won't use it at all.

Atlas

• Extreme Member
  • Atlas Telamon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2013, 08:20:20 PM »

This.

And I'm not going to be removing negative rep because I feel that if someone actually does deserve one. They should get it.

It's the following each other around to topics just to spam rep them that needs to stop. It's dumb, and if people can't use it right, they won't use it at all.
oh okay.

#BanAtlas

Atlas

• Extreme Member
  • Atlas Telamon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2013, 08:22:38 PM »
is it possible to put a limit on how much someone can rep a day? or how many times someone can rep a certain person?

#BanAtlas

bob

• Administrator
  • Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2013, 08:35:39 PM »
is it possible to put a limit on how much someone can rep a day? or how many times someone can rep a certain person?
It's already limited

Atlas

• Extreme Member
  • Atlas Telamon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2013, 08:43:13 PM »
It's already limited
oh, sorry, didnt know that. whats the current limit?

#BanAtlas

bob

• Administrator
  • Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2013, 08:49:46 PM »
It's already limited

I think it was once per 4 hours..could be wrong, can't quite remember what it was before I changed it.

Agykoo

• Extreme Member
  • Spring time DOOM BEE! getting ma flower on ^_^!
  • Awards 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Agykoo
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2013, 11:58:31 PM »
It's already limited

I think it was once per 4 hours..could be wrong, can't quite remember what it was before I changed it.

was one per 24 hours XD
My point has finally been made ^_^ (viva la Agy!)

anywho

Under construction ^_^! (probably something spring/Doom Bee related XD) ^_^

muD

• Legendary Member
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13) 2 years on site Former MotM winners 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2013, 05:45:24 AM »
It appears some people think REP is representing their Reputation, i think that's where the abuse is born.
It's clearly representing the offset value between previously thumbed up/down comments. No idea how people manage to derive a random opinion based statistical 'reputation from that.. No amount of numbers is going to alter my opinion of how useful or nonsensical someone has been to me.

Imo it seems the only way to stop the abuse would be to have it work like youtubes system where the most 'liked/thumbed up/relevant comments are pushed to the top, under the OP & the useless/thumbed down comments are pushed down.. & have no account of how many times your comments have been (dis)liked.
-This way still encourages people to be friendly, helpful & support ideas/comments by thumbs-upping, but doesn't make any sense to abuse it in either way as it will effect only the forum, not the individual.