Author Topic: [PC] TM PC Modding API  (Read 11992 times)

Coolo9000

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: TBR Gho5t33z
  • Steam: ThEPWN3r311
[PC] Re: TM PC Modding API
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2016, 06:20:46 PM »
I am so excited for this. I got on the forums today and spat water all over my monitor seeing this post. I can't wait to get into modding this game.

TheDestinedCrab

• Legendary Member
  • Did you see that? Me neither.
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: TM PC Modding API
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2016, 02:33:01 AM »
It actually looks easier than i thought. Do you have a planned date/time of when you will explain the fields, or not?
Thanks Gold Knight for the amazing sig!

TheDestinedCrab

• Legendary Member
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2016, 02:34:49 AM »
If i hosted a map that I have a mod on would the players tht join my map also be able to use that mod, or would they have to download it before they can use it?

RavenPaw

• Legendary Member
  • Aka Cat
  • Awards 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Circle cat113
« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2016, 07:19:14 AM »
If i hosted a map that I have a mod on would the players tht join my map also be able to use that mod, or would they have to download it before they can use it?
I'm not craig but it will either download the mod when a player joins or it will require them to download it or it could be like gmod and show up as "error" it just depends on how craig does it

#ButterThyStick( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

TheGamingNugget

• Mater Of Scripts!
    • View Profile
    • My youtube channel
    • Awards
  • Xbox: DatGamingNugget
« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2016, 12:39:02 PM »
.. quote edited out by Craig. Why on earth would you quote that whole page to ask this question?

[/What programming language do you use for the code in the main game?

« Last Edit: December 09, 2016, 07:38:19 AM by Craig »

AlienizdPixel

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Hello
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: A1ienizdPixe1
  • Steam: Alienizd
« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2016, 02:18:08 PM »
What programming language do you use for the code in the main game?
C# if I recall.
-Alionz

TheDestinedCrab

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2016, 05:31:51 PM »
Hi,

I was wondering if, when TM PC come out, we'd be able to mod in new games. These would be usable via the arcade machine. The reason I am asking this is because the format for blocks doesn't look like it is capable of being used to create a new game. Would we even be able to make a new game? If so, would we have to make it i C# ?

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
  • Awards Developer 4 years on site+1000 posts 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2016, 05:38:43 PM »
I was womdering if, when TM PC come out, we'd be able to mod in new games. These would be usable via the arcade machine. The reason I am asking this ks because the format for blocks doesn't look like it is capable of being used to create a new game. Would we even be able to make a new game? If so, would we have to make it i C# ?
Not when it initially comes out on early access, but I'm sure we could support adding new games to the arcade block via mods some time in the future. In theory you could write mods for TM using any language supported by .Net, but C# would be the best bet imo.

TheDestinedCrab

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2016, 05:43:08 PM »
Here is a quote from google :

" Here is the list of languages supported by the .NET Framework. These are: APL, C++, C#, Cobol, Component Pascal, Curriculum, Eiffel, Forth, Fortran, Haskell, Paul Blart: Mall Cop Language, Microsoft JScript, Mercury, Mondrian, Oberon, Oz, Pascal, Perl, Python, RPG, Scheme, Small Talk, Standard ML and Microsoft Visual Basic. "

I'm assuming that the red is Paul Blart: Mall Copscript, can someone please confirm that.

Also,
Is it possible to confirm whether I could write a new game in JS?

Jim 🔮

• Jr. Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • 🔮🔮🔮🔮🔮🔮🔮
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners I shot the sherriff 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: vJamie xD
  • Steam: Jimalene
« Reply #39 on: November 02, 2016, 05:47:42 PM »
The thing I want most is a shaders mod. For example if you go on YouTube and search up Keralis, he does minecraft videos, however he does his "inspiration series" where he goes around his server and looks at modern houses and other builds.

He uses a shaders pack/mod which changes up how the game looks and overall it changes the games feel.

I don't know if something like this could be achieveable but I hope it can be. I'm hoping to start a world where I create a city and build a bunch of houses and other stuff. Something similar to Keralis' server

The shaders mod with a modern texture pack would be amazing!

3rd in the world to unlock Demigods
Jr Moderator given on January 2nd 2017
YouTube: Jimalene
bob [31|Dec 12:56 PM]: Howdy Jimster

/harry        /snail         /waynesworld

TM Charles

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 3 years on site+600 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • ::)
    • Awards
  • Xbox: ETTP & Mr Zincy
« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2016, 06:07:07 PM »
The thing I want most is a shaders mod. For example if you go on YouTube and search up Keralis, he does minecraft videos, however he does his "inspiration series" where he goes around his server and looks at modern houses and other builds.

He uses a shaders pack/mod which changes up how the game looks and overall it changes the games feel.

I don't know if something like this could be achieveable but I hope it can be. I'm hoping to start a world where I create a city and build a bunch of houses and other stuff. Something similar to Keralis' server

The shaders mod with a modern texture pack would be amazing!
IMO i think instead of making a whole new mod someone can use what the game already has and build from there. I don't know what my abilities will be for modding. I've look through the code of TM many times never looked at the lighting system. If and when modding starts i want to really work with people to get the best things out I've never done much modding for games i just like to code games. Gonna be fun to see what i can apply for TM. Without saying a lot i've been working on something close to but not directly for modding these last few weeks. Not quite showing state yet and i need to get some more things added but soon.

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
  • Awards Developer 4 years on site+1000 posts 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2016, 06:50:15 PM »
someone can use what the game already has and build from there.
That is essentially what a mod is.

I've look through the code of TM many times never looked at the lighting system.
Lighting is only one part of a shader.

The thing I want most is a shaders mod.
I'm sure it will eventually be possible, but shader mods are a bit more tricky to support.

It's easy enough to write the shader programs in HLSL. But there are a couple of problems.

1. I'm not sure if XNA can build shader programs on the fly. If it can't, then it's going to be tricky to work out how to get the game to load them.
2. A much harder problem is data. If someone wants to build a more sophisticated shader, they're likely going to need to pass the shader programs more data than the game currently passes. And writing a mod to build that extra data could be extremely difficult.

AlienizdPixel

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Hello
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: A1ienizdPixe1
  • Steam: Alienizd
« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2016, 07:09:52 PM »
Microsoft JScript...

I'm assuming that the red is Paul Blart: Mall Copscript, can someone please confirm that.
Not entirely, but for the sake of being an answer, yes.
-Alionz

TM Charles

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 3 years on site+600 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • ::)
    • Awards
  • Xbox: ETTP & Mr Zincy
« Reply #43 on: November 02, 2016, 07:13:58 PM »
someone can use what the game already has and build from there.
That is essentially what a mod is.

I've look through the code of TM many times never looked at the lighting system.
Lighting is only one part of a shader.

The thing I want most is a shaders mod.
I'm sure it will eventually be possible, but shader mods are a bit more tricky to support.

It's easy enough to write the shader programs in HLSL. But there are a couple of problems.

1. I'm not sure if XNA can build shader programs on the fly. If it can't, then it's going to be tricky to work out how to get the game to load them.
2. A much harder problem is data. If someone wants to build a more sophisticated shader, they're likely going to need to pass the shader programs more data than the game currently passes. And writing a mod to build that extra data could be extremely difficult.
Do you know is GLSL is supported as that is what i know the most. If not do you know if they are similar?

2000!!

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: November 02, 2016, 07:46:31 PM »
Do you know is GLSL is supported as that is what i know the most. If not do you know if they are similar?
GLSL is not supported afaik, but they are quite similar, similar enough that GLSL programmers shouldn't have to many difficulties programming with HLSL.