Author Topic:  2.42  (Read 5042 times)

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
  • Awards Developer 4 years on site+1000 posts 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Awards
« on: October 14, 2015, 09:38:18 PM »
Version 2.42:

Additions:
New block: CoverBlock - Grass, Snow, Ice, Dirt.
New Item: Decal Applicator.
Decals: Cracks, Bloodsplat, Slime, Dirt, Scorchmark, Cobweb, Bloodscratch, Mesh, Woodbracing, Footprint, Moss, Bones.
Sunboxes and Powered Lights now texturable.
Text Messages show target audience.
Text Message Presets support folders.
Text Message Log.
Custom ParticleEmitter block templates.
Copy ParticleEmitter block settings to Script editor clipboard.
Community made Clan Banners added (see forums).
Sideways Wood, Birch, Crate, Retro, Rasta.
Global Scripts - Prefix a script name with 'Global\' to make it a global script.
New script commands: IsNameplate, SetNameplate, Kick, Exit, HUDBar.
Updated Script Documentation.
Script particles support player relative positions without block snap.
Script particles support player view relative velocity.
Replace Text option in script editor.
Open Script option in script editor.
Option to view all Clan Banners.
New Texture Pack: Cyberpunk by PWRBTTN and Dryym

Fixes:
Skills/Unlockables data not saving for some gamers.
Server tags not saving for some gamers.
Force English format when parsing numbers.
Renaming Auto-Save files makes them unloadable.
Admins option to Kick host (removed).
Network packet bug with Teflon.
SetEventScript not working for all blocks/items.
SystemShops and TextChat permissions re-enabling.
Pressure Plates not activating for remotes.
Tooltips toggle on Options screen.
History/HasHistory script command bug.
Scripted MsgBoxes required A, X or Y option.
Arcade Block mining sound.
Total Rush Glitch fixed - Highscores reset.
Underwater/Spectating glitch.
Script to Script coord issues.
IsClock script command wasn't supporting history substitution.
A proxmity detector issue.
Texpack paintings LOD not loading for same texpack on 2nd world load.
CCTV now supports TintColor [player].
Many other minor bug fixes.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 10:44:46 PM by Craig »

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
  • Awards Developer 4 years on site+1000 posts 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Awards
Re: 2.42
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2015, 08:38:13 AM »
OP Updated.

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2015, 03:17:53 PM »
Op Updated.

I was planning on submitting 2.42 to peer review today. But I've just been told the XNA system is broken again. I'll try find out what's happened and let you know.

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2015, 06:23:07 PM »
The XNA system appears to be working... but some games have experienced problems.

I expect 1 or 2 more days final testing (due to some last minute additions) then 2.42 will be submitted to peer review.

Once it's submitted, it will be a matter of fingers crossed that the peer review system works and the update is pushed through to the market place if it passes (peer review).

Regarding this update, I'd like to thank all the members who posted bug reports. I understand it takes time to do, and it greatly helps us make the game less buggy.

I'd also like to thank the members who have had their idea's or derivatives of their idea's added to the game, you've helped to make the game better. Especially those idea's that have high gameplay impact for little development cost ;)

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2015, 06:26:18 PM »
A note about global scripts:

Global scripts are scripts that are accessible to all worlds.
To make a script global, simply prefix it's name with 'Global\'
If you host a multiplayer world, your global scripts are accessible.
If you join a multiplayer world (not host), your global scripts are not accessible.
If you share a world, only the global scripts used in that world are included in the share.
A rename folder option has been added to the script list screen, so that you can easily convert entire folders (and subfolders) of scripts into global scripts (or vice versa).

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2015, 06:37:56 PM »
The XNA peer review system is broken, so this update cannot pass through review to the market place. I'll probably have to pull the update from peer review and resubmit once they fix the problem. We will likely incur the 7 day wait period when I pull the game, so the sooner I pull it the better, but I just want to wait for confirmation from MS before pulling so it is not in vain.

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2015, 11:03:45 PM »
The error some people are experiencing in the 2.42 update with not being able to load their worlds is to do with corrupt highscore table data.

I have the highscore table server running now, so if you start the game and press start on the splash screen, hopefully it will be able to download a fresh copy of the highscore table which should remove the bad data.

You'll probably have to restart the game after that.

Please let me know if this fixed the problem for you.

I'll be submitting a patch to peer review as soon as I'm allowed, which is the 26th Nov.

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2015, 11:32:40 PM »
If your familiar with Modio, you can fix the problem by removing the highscores.db file.