Author Topic:  How the awards system works  (Read 22685 times)

Evesy

• Elite Member
  • Game Hoarder
  • Awards 2 years on site+300 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Evesyy
Re: How the awards system works
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2013, 11:07:14 AM »
bob I need die-hard i registered on April 20th :) and nice awards I wish I can have a bob award

According to my computer, you actually fall into the Veteran category, enjoy
Xbox Gamertag: Evesyy
Steam ID: Evesy
Twitter: @MEvesy

ToxiiCFumes

• Awards 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: xRangerMCx
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2013, 11:16:07 AM »
i dont think i fall into any category :(

demman32

• Elite Member
  • Bob's Disciple
  • Awards 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: yogi bear triad
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2013, 05:18:39 PM »
bob I need die-hard i registered on April 20th :) and nice awards I wish I can have a bob award
You have either die hard, veteran, or what I have. You joined the first week, so you have veteran, not die hard.
TUNNEL SNAKES RULE!

Pride

• Legendary Member
  • A new begining
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Denied Pride
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2013, 04:38:07 PM »
Are any new awards being planned? I feel having awards to work towards give people a reason to be active.

Sargnarg the Hardge Harg

• Extreme Member
  • Atlas Telamon
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts Former MotM winners Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: atlh3
  • Steam: The_Green_Condom
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2013, 06:01:55 PM »
Are any new awards being planned? I feel having awards to work towards give people a reason to be active.
I think an award for having an idea that gets the thumbs up from Craig would be nice. It might encourage people to think of ways to make the game better, and would help give Craig more ideas to work with for future updates

Miner of the Month for January 2014
But you can call me the salaminizer!
#BanAtlas

TRex

• Elite Member
  • Old dog of the Forums
  • Awards Former MotM winners 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: SpindlierT Rex
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2013, 02:15:49 AM »
That might be a hard one also people will be saying I deserved that award for making a hint on the idea while others may have posted ways of improving the idea.  I kinda don't support this because think how many people would be asking for it.

Mabye a reward for the time you have been on the sever.
Pup:  registered for 6 months
Good Dog: registered for 1 year
Good Old Dog: registered for 1 1/2 years
War Dog: registered for 2 years

Mabye also it uses last online date so if you join the forum post and never see you again you would not get it till you log in again.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 05:43:52 AM by TRex »

RF Inn The Jet

• Supreme Member
  • I love this community, You read my name wrong ;)
  • Awards 1 year on site+100 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 4 years on site+1000 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Former MotM winners Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Get Inn The Jet
  • PSN: Get_Inn_The_Jet
  • Steam: Get_Inn_The_Jet
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2013, 02:36:42 AM »
That might be a hard one also people will be saying I deserved that award for making a hint on the idea while others may have posted ways of improving the idea.  I kinda don't support this because think how many people would be asking for it.

Mabye a reward for the time you have been on the sever.
Pup:  registered for 6 months
Good Dog: registered for 1 year
Good Old Dog: registered for 1 1/2 years
War Dog: registered for 2 years
So I just added a new award for the members that signed up in the first month of the forums, I guess it would be a good time to explain how it all works

We have 3 awards that are based on your registration date: Founder, Veteran, Die-Hard.
Founder is for those that registered on the 1st day that the forums were public, April 12 2013
Veteran is for those that registered within the first week, April 13-April 20 2013
Die-Hard is for those who registered in the first month, April 21-May 12 2013

There will not be any more registration date based awards after die-hard. All awards require you to have 25 posts or more. If you don't have that, you are not eligible. Having a founder award doesn't qualify you for a veteran or die-hard award. You can only have 1. All awards are based on server time, which is EST. So if it was April 20, at 10PM your local time, but April 21 by server time, you get the die-hard award, not veteran.

The MotM award is self explanatory, previous winners of Miner of the Month get this one.

The Artist award is for people who win an art-based competition or get their texture pack selected to be in-game.

Also, all awards are given manually. If you should have an award, but don't, send a message to Evesy or myself and we will get it fixed up.
Host of Communicraft

Thanks GK +Grim

BossyPunch

• Ideas
  • Awards 1 year on site+100 posts Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: BossyPunch
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2013, 08:29:39 AM »
technically that says registration DATE.  what trex recommended were time periods, so its possable, i would like it because there are alot of dedicated forum members that joined a little too late that should get some award, but alot of people make profiles and dont get on anymore, so it could be alot of trouble giving to all those people. even with needing 15 post. i would make it to were you need at least 50, because even that isnt toooo hard to get.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 08:32:06 AM by BossyPunch »
The linked Tele-porters were my idea :D
one way glass texture
by the way, im an /assassin

Dauntless395

• Legendary Member
  • The Ecchi King
  • Awards Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) Former MotM winners Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 3 years on site+600 posts Awarded to exemplary forum members Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Dauntless395
  • PSN: Dauntless395
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2013, 10:27:19 AM »
The awards are not automatically tracked and given out, they are manually given by the forum administrators. So the problem with members who make an account and are never heard from again will not be an issue.
As for the "award for being on TM forums for X time", I don't think it's too necessary. I assume something will be given out for the anniversary awards later down the road, but a "0.5 year, 1 year, 1.5 year" award seems too much, and would simply give bob and Evesy more things to deal with when hundreds of members are begging for their awards.
You make me smile!

Iceninja

• Elite Member
  • Just call me Ice ^-^
  • Awards 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Mist Of reality
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2013, 04:14:54 PM »
i need the veteran award, ive been here since april 14th and still dont have any awards

RHYMES! :D
Ice i will say, freeze i shall obey.

Kitty

• Legendary Member
  • Sinking into nothing at all~
  • Awards Former MotM winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Milkshakez7z
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2013, 05:45:35 PM »
i need the veteran award, ive been here since april 14th and still dont have any awards
Congrats on Veteran ^_^

I think a new membergroup would be better ^_^ kinda like how Elder worked.
So if you have been on these forums for a year, you will be eligible to join the elder group. ^_^ Or should we just keep it as a badge?

Sargnarg the Hardge Harg

• Extreme Member
  • Atlas Telamon
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts Former MotM winners Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: atlh3
  • Steam: The_Green_Condom
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2013, 05:56:11 PM »
Congrats on Veteran ^_^

I think a new membergroup would be better ^_^ kinda like how Elder worked.
So if you have been on these forums for a year, you will be eligible to join the elder group. ^_^ Or should we just keep it as a badge?
I wish I would have made an account when I first got on these forums. I would have been a founder. I had been following the old forums for two months and switched immediately. Although back then I just looked at the dev update topics.

Miner of the Month for January 2014
But you can call me the salaminizer!
#BanAtlas

StabbedClan

• Awards 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: whoami
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2014, 02:10:54 AM »
Is There Going To Be Any More

DarkVortex101

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: DarkVortex101
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2014, 10:47:31 PM »
I need the die-hard award been here for almost a month(3n1/2 weeks) and have 35Posts,So I think I should have Die-Hard award,Because it 25 Right?

Jectz

• Supreme Member
  • Jectz.
  • Awards Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts 4 years on site+1000 posts 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Xtrxmez
  • Steam: Rejectz12
« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2014, 11:07:46 PM »
I need the die-hard award been here for almost a month(3n1/2 weeks) and have 35Posts,So I think I should have Die-Hard award,Because it 25 Right?

Die Hard is month one members your almost a year late... You needed to sign up by April 21st.
Welcome, come on inside...