Author Topic:  How the awards system works  (Read 22685 times)

Gary

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Steam: Conmaan ... ... Discord: Conmaan #9586
  • Awards 1 year on site+100 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: How the awards system works
« Reply #75 on: April 17, 2015, 01:38:41 AM »
New award added. If your name appears here http://totalminerforums.net/index.php?action=stats you've won

I've finally won something! ::) Hooray!

Link to my youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo4rmelSOUB9YMM0Is-zWyQ

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
  • Awards Developer 4 years on site+1000 posts 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Awards
  • Steam: tota1miner
« Reply #76 on: April 17, 2015, 01:46:20 AM »
The new award pushed my founder award off the panel :o
Can we expand the panel to show up to 6 awards?

bob

• Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • Awards Award for outstanding excellence in the field of bob 4 years on site+1000 posts 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #77 on: April 17, 2015, 02:11:06 AM »
The new award pushed my founder award off the panel :o
Can we expand the panel to show up to 6 awards?
I'm not sure, I'll have to check on that. You can rearrange which awards show in which spots in your profile settings though

Lightning

• Solo City Builder
  • Awards Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Star
« Reply #78 on: April 17, 2015, 06:15:40 AM »
will there be a 2 year award? i just noticed ill be a 2 year member at 4pm today so im curious ..
hi hi hi hi hi hi

TM Charles

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15
    • View Profile
    • ::)
    • Awards
  • Xbox: ETTP & Mr Zincy
« Reply #79 on: April 17, 2015, 07:12:46 AM »
I've finally won something! ::) Hooray!
me too

Jesse

• Extreme Member
  • Oldest Lasting TM Youtuber.
  • Awards Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Former MotM winners 4 years on site+1000 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • YouTube: Mythical Monkey
    • Awards
  • Xbox: YT Mysterio
  • PSN: YT_Mysterio
  • Steam: YT Mysterio
« Reply #80 on: April 17, 2015, 04:01:49 PM »
will there be a 2 year award? i just noticed ill be a 2 year member at 4pm today so im curious ..
most likely not that be allot of year celibrateing lol but yay for bob he maid another award ^-^ and now i have 4 awards  ??? never did i expect getting one i guess that almost 3000 post mean something on states now lol but bob im glade i can help :D
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 04:55:47 PM by Mysterio »

/mm Thanks Gold Knight for sig /mm
/mm MotM September '14 /mm
/mm Robo February '15 /mm
/mm 4th Demi Gods December '16 /mm
/mm Youtube: Mythical Monkey /mm

GoatOnTheMoon

• Supreme Member
  • YT GoatOnTheMoon
  • Awards Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
    • Awards
  • Xbox: GoatOnTheMoon
  • PSN: N/A
  • Steam: GoatOnTheMoon
« Reply #81 on: April 17, 2015, 04:20:44 PM »
This award only promotes the spamming of the forum with nonsense posts and leaving you computer on 24/7.

Jesse

• Extreme Member
  • Awards Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Former MotM winners 4 years on site+1000 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #82 on: April 17, 2015, 04:37:16 PM »
This award only promotes the spamming of the forum with nonsense posts and leaving you computer on 24/7.
Considering the fact that no one appreciates these awards bugs me top 10 no one saw coming neither did I I can say so its brilliant it was a surprise noticing a new award on 30 members list also allot of awards will be hard to make yes I do help and id be glad to see more but you can only go to far you guys got to relies theres over 1000 members not counting but IM sure there is but anyway off that that's a good amount of hours going thorough the list and being me the member I am I want to give back and help out so I asked bob he said yes so I go through it enough times to know how long it really takes to go through the list of awards each month considering I also run a youtube that's allot and I don't complain I offered the help I enjoy it cus I know I am helping and I now know why bob struggled sometimes to do it ive done it since august till April and IM still doing it no plans to stop I don't ask for a I helped award cus IM just helping neither did I ask for motm for it either but beyond that I want the forums to know IM first to say IM sure bob would love to give you guys what you want all of you from new to old but that's hard to do really hard to do I respect bob for all his will and try to make this a better place hopefully we can all understand it  ^-^

bob

• Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • Awards Award for outstanding excellence in the field of bob 4 years on site+1000 posts 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #83 on: April 17, 2015, 04:52:35 PM »

That's why I never told anyone I was doing it, so that people wouldn't purposely try to spam and get on the stats page thinking they'd get an award. It's a one time deal, so nobody new will be getting this award even if they do bump someone off the page. I wanted it to be for members who were active because they enjoy it, not for people who would only be active just to get an award.

GoatOnTheMoon

• Supreme Member
  • YT GoatOnTheMoon
  • Awards Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
    • Awards
« Reply #84 on: April 17, 2015, 04:59:42 PM »
Considering the fact that no one appreciates these awards bugs me top 10 no one saw coming neither did I I can say so its brilliant it was a surprise noticing a new award on 30 members list also allot of awards will be hard to make

You are only excited about this award being added since you are one of the members receiving it.

yes I do help and id be glad to see more but you can only go to far you guys got to relies theres over 1000 members not counting but IM sure there is but anyway off that that's a good amount of hours going thorough the list and being me the member I am

I have no idea what you are saying here due to the lack of punctuation.

I want to give back and help out so I asked bob he said yes so I go through it enough times to know how long it really takes to go through the list of awards each month considering I also run a youtube.

I never want to say how hard someone works unless I do know for sure but unless you're running a multi-thousand subscriber channel, Youtube is not that hard to keep control of.

that's allot and I don't complain I offered the help I enjoy it cus I know I am helping and I now know why bob struggled sometimes to do it ive done it since august till April and IM still doing it no plans to stop I don't ask for a I helped award cus IM just helping

You're fine with not receiving an "I Helped" award because you received this award instead.

neither did I ask for motm

Wouldn't have mattered anyway.

but beyond that I want the forums to know IM first to say IM sure bob would love to give you guys what you want all of you from new to old but that's hard to do really hard to do I respect bob for all his will and try to make this a better place hopefully we can all understand it  ^-^

I'm not doubting bob wants the best for the forums, I simply have a problem with an award that has no actual challenge to getting. An award is given for completed something challenging (For instance a trophy) and since this award is going to the people who spend the most time award on the forums, its basically the "Hey you tried to play and your Mom payed for the season so here's your ribbon" award.

That's why I never told anyone I was doing it, so that people wouldn't purposely try to spam and get on the stats page thinking they'd get an award. It's a one time deal, so nobody new will be getting this award even if they do bump someone off the page. I wanted it to be for members who were active because they enjoy it, not for people who would only be active just to get an award.

That seems very ineffective because there are a lot of active members who are active because they enjoy it, but don't have the time to spend on the forums spamming post like some of the people who received this award. I'm not saying every person should get this award, but seems like an injustice to reward some of the active members and not the others because some have more time to spare than others.

Jesse

• Extreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #85 on: April 17, 2015, 05:06:20 PM »
Considering the fact that no one appreciates these awards bugs me top 10 no one saw coming neither did I I can say so its brilliant it was a surprise noticing a new award on 30 members list also allot of awards will be hard to make

You are only excited about this award being added since you are one of the members receiving it.

acually no even if i didnt get it i would be ok with it i have no problem its an award better luck next time

yes I do help and id be glad to see more but you can only go to far you guys got to relies theres over 1000 members not counting but IM sure there is but anyway off that that's a good amount of hours going thorough the list and being me the member I am

every topic it has to get brought up right

I want to give back and help out so I asked bob he said yes so I go through it enough times to know how long it really takes to go through the list of awards each month considering I also run a youtube.

I never want to say how hard someone works unless I do know for sure but unless you're running a multi-thousand subscriber channel, Youtube is not that hard to keep control of.

its noot about the money i like to give full effort but htis isnt about youtube

that's allot and I don't complain I offered the help I enjoy it cus I know I am helping and I now know why bob struggled sometimes to do it ive done it since august till April and IM still doing it no plans to stop I don't ask for a I helped award cus IM just helping

You're fine with not receiving an "I Helped" award because you received this award instead.

ive done this for 9 months i never asked bob for one award nor this one

just getting it out there

but beyond that I want the forums to know IM first to say IM sure bob would love to give you guys what you want all of you from new to old but that's hard to do really hard to do I respect bob for all his will and try to make this a better place hopefully we can all understand it  ^-^

I'm not doubting bob wants the best for the forums, I simply have a problem with an award that has no actual challenge to getting. An award is given for completed something challenging (For instance a trophy) and since this award is going to the people who spend the most time award on the forums, its basically the "Hey you tried to play and your Mom payed for the season so here's your ribbon" award.

Jaz

• Supreme Member
  • ヽ(`⌒)ノ
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members 3 years on site+600 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners 4 years on site+1000 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • cluckinbellhappychicken
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Jaz the MAN 2
  • PSN: Jaz_the_MAN_2
  • Steam: Jaz the MAN 2
« Reply #86 on: April 17, 2015, 05:14:21 PM »
So even if I am bumped of of top 10 i keep my reward? It was just for being commited right up to that specific time? :)

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones" ~ Albert Einstein

Jesse

• Extreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #87 on: April 17, 2015, 05:15:48 PM »
So even if I am bumped of of top 10 i keep my reward? It was just for being commited right up to that specific time? :)
yes the few that got it keep it for the remander of tm

GoatOnTheMoon

• Supreme Member
  • YT GoatOnTheMoon
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
    • Awards
« Reply #88 on: April 17, 2015, 05:16:46 PM »

acually no even if i didnt get it i would be ok with it i have no problem its an award better luck next time

Thanks! I will make sure to be incorrect about my next post, but this award is a just as a good as any award you could've been given for helping out.

every topic it has to get brought up right

I still don't know what that means, I am going to assume you mean "Every topic it has, has to be brought up, correct?" In that case yes, but it has nothing to do withbeing the member you are.

its noot about the money i like to give full effort but htis isnt about youtube

I never said anything about money, why are you bringing it up here?

ive done this for 9 months i never asked bob for one award nor this one

Never said you did, but you're okay with not receiving any award for it because this award was a substitute whether you realize it or not.

just getting it out there

Exactly my point bob.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 05:18:34 PM by Nefty »

Jaz

• Supreme Member
  • ヽ(`⌒)ノ
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members 3 years on site+600 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners 4 years on site+1000 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • cluckinbellhappychicken
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Jaz the MAN 2
  • PSN: Jaz_the_MAN_2
  • Steam: Jaz the MAN 2
« Reply #89 on: April 17, 2015, 05:18:00 PM »
whoo hoo

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones" ~ Albert Einstein