Author Topic:  How the awards system works  (Read 22651 times)

TM Charles

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15
    • View Profile
    • ::)
    • Awards
  • Xbox: ETTP & Mr Zincy
Re: How the awards system works
« Reply #60 on: April 16, 2015, 11:45:43 PM »
BINGO, it simply kills ambition,

Its not about being easy.. its about being obtainable to people trying to obtain it, lol...

EDIT: sry bob its 2.2, I've been really high strung waiting, its taking a toll on my sanity..
Or rather my ability to stop posting whatever my brain thinks in order to appear more calm...
I think we should put you in a padded room

bob

• Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • Awards Award for outstanding excellence in the field of bob 4 years on site+1000 posts 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #61 on: April 16, 2015, 11:52:41 PM »
BINGO, it simply kills ambition,

Its not about being easy.. its about being obtainable to people trying to obtain it, lol...

EDIT: sry bob its 2.2, I've been really high strung waiting, its taking a toll on my sanity..
Or rather my ability to stop posting whatever my brain thinks in order to appear more calm...

It was fairly easily obtainable. Everyone had 2 years to get in 1 of 30 available spots. That's pretty excellent odds for a forum of our size actually.

Steve

• Elite Member
  • Awards Unique Content Contributors Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Total Miner Forums
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Derfen Steve
  • Steam: Derfen Steve
« Reply #62 on: April 16, 2015, 11:57:27 PM »
Not really no, Nobody knew about it bob.... Easily obtainable to those who leave the forums open all day? Or to those who make 1000s of spam posts? Your joking right? /-: js dude.... Calling it easily obtainable is kinda an insult to alot of forum members.

for all practical purposes bob, IT WAS NEVER OBTAINABLE to many people. besides the same 10 posters.
Im screen capping that statement for my luz folder....

I gotta go take a walk or something, blow off some steam...
I'll return with an army of 100 supporters,

Why can no-one focus on growing our community smh... LONG LIVE TM!
Maybe I should start my own fan site cause this place is not improving.

I think i've voiced my opinion enough for this topic or else i'll cause Craig more trouble than i'm trying to solve lol,
Later...
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 12:25:00 AM by Steve »

Muffin

• Elite Member
  • Awards 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: RawrMeMuffinMan
« Reply #63 on: April 17, 2015, 12:07:10 AM »
I won the lottery  8)

Anywho i agree with derfen, should make some real easy ones up, even something like 100 posts would be good.
I agree with this, although it needs to have some difficulty in it otherwise people would just spam to get awards. Maybe there could be one in regards to how many likes you have had on posts, making people striving for the awards post actual quality stuff. There should be too many easy to obtain though, maybe like 1 or 2.

http://prntscr.com/dqrw9s
The Gold Knight [08|Dec 09:11 PM]: I'm sorry, but I speak English... A language that has coherent thoughts that can be understood.

TM Charles

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: April 17, 2015, 12:24:59 AM »
Yes but remember I think each award has to manually be added to the account.

bob

• Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • Awards Award for outstanding excellence in the field of bob 4 years on site+1000 posts 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: April 17, 2015, 12:26:20 AM »
Not really no, Nobody knew about it bob.... Easily obtainable to those who leave the forums open all day? Or to those who make 1000s of spam posts? Your joking right? /-: js dude.... Calling it easily obtainable is kinda an insult to alot of forum members.

for all practical purposes bob, IT WAS NEVER OBTAINABLE to many people. besides the same 10 posters.
Im screen capping that statement for my luz folder....

I gotta go take a walk or something, blow off some steam...
I'll return with an army of 100 supporters,

Why can no-one focus on growing our community smh... LONG LIVE TM!
Maybe I should start my own fan site cause this place is not improving.

I think i've voiced my opinion enough for this topic or i'll cause Craig more trouble,
Later...

Of course I didn't tell people I was going to make this award. It was to award the people who have been the most active in this community over the last 2 years. If I would have told people I was doing it, then the results would have been skewed by people purposely doing things to get on that list.

If you don't like it, feel free to go.

Steve

• Elite Member
  • Awards Unique Content Contributors Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Total Miner Forums
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Derfen Steve
  • Steam: Derfen Steve
« Reply #66 on: April 17, 2015, 12:27:54 AM »
Of course I didn't tell people I was going to make this award. It was to award the people who have been the most active in this community over the last 2 years. If I would have told people I was doing it, then the results would have been skewed by people purposely doing things to get on that list.

If you don't like it, feel free to go.

Good day sir,
What can I say,
Guess you have to keep your campers happy.
Let this be etched in stone.

heed
*Initiating scheme #3852829506*
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 12:34:48 AM by Steve »

Muffin

• Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: April 17, 2015, 12:28:34 AM »
Yes but remember I think each award has to manually be added to the account.
That doesn't seem right... Some of them probably do though such as robo and bob. Although I am pretty sure others such as 1 year can be automatically added.

The Gold Knight [08|Dec 09:11 PM]: I'm sorry, but I speak English... A language that has coherent thoughts that can be understood.

TM Charles

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: April 17, 2015, 12:31:09 AM »
That doesn't seem right... Some of them probably do though such as robo and bob. Although I am pretty sure others such as 1 year can be automatically added.
I think there all given out by hand because of errors and such that's what I heard.

bob

• Administrator
  • Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: April 17, 2015, 12:39:55 AM »
Yup they're all done by hand. Special thanks to Mysterio for keeping track of the awards that need regular updating for me

TM Charles

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: April 17, 2015, 12:42:33 AM »
Yup they're all done by hand. Special thanks to Mysterio for keeping track of the awards that need regular updating for me
I was right for once yes do I get an award for that.

bob

• Administrator
  • Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: April 17, 2015, 12:50:41 AM »
I was right for once yes do I get an award for that.

TM Charles

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #72 on: April 17, 2015, 12:55:32 AM »

I'll take it put it on my awards list.

Muffin

• Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #73 on: April 17, 2015, 01:04:30 AM »
That sounds incredibly painful XD
This is also a very nice reason to not have easy to obtain awards.

TM Charles

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #74 on: April 17, 2015, 01:07:24 AM »
That sounds incredibly painful XD
This is also a very nice reason to not have easy to obtain awards.
yea I gusse just hope there can be new ones.