Author Topic:  "ApplyEffect" Script  (Read 1014 times)

Platinum Dryym

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: dryym
"ApplyEffect" Script
« on: June 21, 2015, 07:41:14 PM »
I think it would be really useful if we had an "ApplyEffect" Script.

This would apply/remove special bonuses to the player.

The syntax would be

ApplyEffect [Effect] [+|-|qty] [Name=]
ApplyEffect [Delete] [Name=]

[Effect] determines what Effect to apply.

[qty] has different effects depending on the stat used.

[Name=] Determines a name, And is required to delete a Effect bonus.

Valid bonus effects would be

Fire/Spike/Player/Mob/Water/FallResistance: Determines the amount of damage the player takes from X. [qty] in this case is the percentage of damage the player takes from X

XRay: The effect used by the necklace of farsight, Decreases the opacity of all blocks from the player's view point. [qty] in this case determines the opacity of the world, Where 100 is normal, And 0 is invisible.

Visibility: One of the effects used by the predator amulet, Decreases the opacity of the player. [qty] in this case determines the opacity of the player, Where 100 is normal, And 0 is invisible.

MobVisibility: The other effect used by the predator amulet, The amount of blocks the player must be from a mob for it to be able to see you. [qty] in this case determines the distance from which a mob can see you, Where 0 means they cannot see you.
Note: This is not tied to visibility, The player can be completely invisible and still be spotted.

Speed/GravityMultiplier: Used by Zones, And the ten league boots, Pretty self explanatory. [qty] in this case works the same as it does for zones.

Light: Used by held torches, And the amulet of Starlight, Emits light from the player's location. [qty] in this case is the max distance of the emitted light.

Climb: Used by the Spider Ring, Ladders, And Scaffolding, Allows you to climb walls. [qty] in this case is ignored.

Health/Defence/Strength/Attack/RangedBoost: Used by all weapons and armour, Boosts X Stat. [qty] in this case is the amount to boost it by 100 points = 1 Lvl.

DamageReflect: Used by the ring of Bob, Reflects a percentage of the damage dealt to you back to the attacker. [qty] in this case determines the percentage to reflect.

MaxHitChance: Used by the amulet of fury, The extra chance to deal a max hit on attack. [qty] in this case is the extra percentage chance to get a max hit, A value of 100 would make every hit a max hit.

Please note that my examples are only based off what is in the game currently, More could probably be added, And i probably missed a whole bunch.

I honestly don't think i need to justify this idea, As the creative lot of you should already have ideas.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 05:23:36 PM by Dryym »

Creator of the term "Deathmine "
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym

That Forum Poster

• ...it's a zero not an "O"
  • Awards 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Team L0E
Re: "ApplyStat" Script
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2015, 08:14:08 PM »
I like it, although it should be called ApplyEffect. And there should also be a HasEffect script as well.
I script...and make music

PWRBTTN

• Legendary Member
  • Professional Expert, Comrade
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: PWRBTTN
  • Steam: PWRBTTN
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2015, 10:27:53 PM »
I like this, Dryym. We already have these effects, too, so that's cool. The idea was well thought out. On top of all that, of course, this could be super useful to RPG world creators and scripters who just want to make awesome stuff. A+, Dryym.
/snail       /snail    /snail         /snail /snail      /snail   /snail                /snail        

Platinum Dryym

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2015, 06:42:50 AM »
I like this, Dryym. We already have these effects, too, so that's cool. The idea was well thought out. On top of all that, of course, this could be super useful to RPG world creators and scripters who just want to make awesome stuff. A+, Dryym.

That's what i was thinking, I wanted to make a script to allow you to look through walls, Without all of the negative effecs of the necklace of farsight, And i realized that there are a whole ton of effects caused by certain items, Or blocks, And being able to access these would be incredible, I think i may even be missing a few.

On most of my worlds i'd probably make myself invisible.

It is also worth noting that these would persist for the player until they are deleted via scripts.

PWRBTTN

• Legendary Member
  • Professional Expert, Comrade
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: PWRBTTN
  • Steam: PWRBTTN
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2015, 01:10:31 PM »
I think that most, if not all, should be restricted to creative. It'd be rather over-powered if not.
/snail       /snail    /snail         /snail /snail      /snail   /snail                /snail        

Platinum Dryym

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2015, 05:25:05 PM »
Updated OP

I like it, although it should be called ApplyEffect.

Done

I think that most, if not all, should be restricted to creative. It'd be rather over-powered if not.

I would imagine the command would be locked to creative.

Platinum Dryym

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: "ApplyEffect" Script
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2015, 10:35:46 AM »
Bump

Faint of Clubs

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Faintcub7332217
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2015, 11:50:44 AM »
This idea is terrible. Do not notice it Craig ;)
That guy with dem scripts.

Platinum Dryym

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2015, 12:14:00 PM »
This idea is terrible. Do not notice it Craig ;)

Go away Faint, You being here will make Craig not want to add it. Shoo!

Unless Craig likes you being here because HUD bars. Then you can stay.

Faint of Clubs

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2015, 03:26:52 PM »
Go away Faint, You being here will make Craig not want to add it. Shoo!

Unless Craig likes you being here because HUD bars. Then you can stay.

Nah, the way it works is :

*faint scripts every item with an effect to equip to use the said effect in magic*
task takes tedious hours and hours.

*craig says oh hey let's add something to make using these effects in scripts easy!*

Story of clans in 2.1

Also effects you missed:
Zoom [qty] binoculars, for sniping and cinematically awesome moments ;)

Grav [qty] ten league boots
Experience multiplier neck of knowledge
Freeze on ice ring, I didn't see it you may have listed
And feather fall, spider ring

Anywho also I was thinking
Craig: this idea is amazing as it deals with death identification issues!
Currently killing a player with script is boring 'gamer tag was killed'
Or if you're creative 'gamer tag smashed gamer tag ' (explosives)

This idea opens up the chance to make the death message match the current effect.

Also dryym I think effects should cancel on death but that's just me. They could be scripted to be reapplied after death if that were an issue.

« Last Edit: December 13, 2015, 03:39:33 PM by Faint of Clubs »

Platinum Dryym

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2015, 04:16:54 PM »
Also effects you missed:
Zoom [qty] binoculars, for sniping and cinematically awesome moments ;)

Grav [qty] ten league boots
Experience multiplier neck of knowledge
Freeze on ice ring, I didn't see it you may have listed
And feather fall, spider ring

Fire/Spike/Player/Mob/Water/FallResistance: Determines the amount of damage the player takes from X. [qty] in this case is the percentage of damage the player takes from X

XRay: The effect used by the necklace of farsight, Decreases the opacity of all blocks from the player's view point. [qty] in this case determines the opacity of the world, Where 100 is normal, And 0 is invisible.

Visibility: One of the effects used by the predator amulet, Decreases the opacity of the player. [qty] in this case determines the opacity of the player, Where 100 is normal, And 0 is invisible.

MobVisibility: The other effect used by the predator amulet, The amount of blocks the player must be from a mob for it to be able to see you. [qty] in this case determines the distance from which a mob can see you, Where 0 means they cannot see you.
Note: This is not tied to visibility, The player can be completely invisible and still be spotted.

Speed/GravityMultiplier: Used by Zones, And the ten league boots, Pretty self explanatory. [qty] in this case works the same as it does for zones.

Light: Used by held torches, And the amulet of Starlight, Emits light from the player's location. [qty] in this case is the max distance of the emitted light.

Climb: Used by the Spider Ring, Ladders, And Scaffolding, Allows you to climb walls. [qty] in this case is ignored.

Health/Defence/Strength/Attack/RangedBoost: Used by all weapons and armour, Boosts X Stat. [qty] in this case is the amount to boost it by 100 points = 1 Lvl.

DamageReflect: Used by the ring of Bob, Reflects a percentage of the damage dealt to you back to the attacker. [qty] in this case determines the percentage to reflect.

MaxHitChance: Used by the amulet of fury, The extra chance to deal a max hit on attack. [qty] in this case is the extra percentage chance to get a max hit, A value of 100 would make every hit a max hit.

Please note that my examples are only based off what is in the game currently, More could probably be added, And i probably missed a whole bunch.

I honestly don't think i need to justify this idea, As the creative lot of you should already have ideas.

I do think an FOV effect would be useful.
The freeze effect feels like it should be a different script though. And the exp multiplier seems pointless since we have the option to enable that with local skills already.

Faint of Clubs

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2015, 04:40:50 PM »
I do think an FOV effect would be useful.
The freeze effect feels like it should be a different script though. And the exp multiplier seems pointless since we have the option to enable that with local skills already.
Yes it seems redundant, but the experience multiplier effect isn't a bad idea,
The initial rate of gain is editable, but it could be useful for scripting things like 'kill streak boost' or 'mining frenzy' who knows, having to script addxp and do the calculations stinks though.

Jesse

• Extreme Member
  • Oldest Lasting TM Youtuber.
  • Awards Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Former MotM winners Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • YouTube: BOBsCAST
    • Awards
  • Xbox: YT Mysterio
  • PSN: YT_Mysterio
  • Steam: YT Mysterio
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2015, 11:53:49 PM »
Yes then i can really turn my people into monkey muhahaha. But i suck at scripting so this won't happen. Oh wait i have Crazytater94 he can script this. Ewww monkey ball race. But on a series note  i like this because we could have allot of cool affects like a solo online map.

/mm Thanks Gold Knight for sig /mm
/mm MotM September '14 /mm
/mm Robo February '15 /mm
/mm 4th Demi Gods December '16 /mm
/mm Youtube: BOBsCAST /mm

JD DRAGON 7

• Legendary Member
  • I'm a freelance builder.
  • Awards 2 years on site+300 posts 3 years on site+600 posts Awarded to exemplary forum members 1 year on site+100 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: JD DRAGON 7
  • PSN: JD_DRAGON7
  • Steam: JD_DRAGON_7
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2015, 05:43:26 PM »
I can see a lot of these effects used with particles and the future update with the avatar editor to make a superman RPG! Who wouldn't want to join a world and be superman, or supergirl for the ladies.
Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional.
Wii U      JD_DRAGON_7
360        JD DRAGON 7
Ps3/ps4  JD_DRAGON7
Steam    JD_DRAGON_7

Faint of Clubs

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2015, 01:23:20 PM »
Was thinking, can we add non item effects to the list?
Spin [] the spin from when a player dies

Oxygen [] from drowning, for making it drain simply on a space map

Stealth []this makes players silent when crouching normally,  but how about scripted silence when walking?

Also fire arrow causes fires, but I don't see how fire strike effect is incorporatable