Author Topic:  Wild, Wild West(HD Texture Pack)  (Read 11150 times)

Sargnarg the Hardge Harg

• Extreme Member
  • Atlas Telamon
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts Former MotM winners Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: atlh3
  • Steam: The_Green_Condom
Re: Wild west texture pack
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2015, 02:17:43 PM »
new sand and new brick

Miner of the Month for January 2014
But you can call me the salaminizer!
#BanAtlas

PWRBTTN

• Legendary Member
  • Professional Expert, Comrade
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: PWRBTTN
  • Steam: PWRBTTN
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2015, 05:45:09 PM »
I'll work on the sand tonight. And I'll add tumble weeds as the "crop" texture if I can
I think that one of the flowers should be tumbleweed. That way, farms look like farms, and you'll actually be able to find tumbleweed randomly across the surface.

new sand and new brick

I think the sand looks great. The brick, I feel, should be a little more pale.

also, before i get off, here is clay, sandstone, limestone, basalt, and dacite

please comment on them. if you dont like them, tell me. how am i supposed to be upset if you dont tell me whats wrong with my work?

The colour of the clay should be muted ever so slightly. I think the sandstone should have a few red or orange horizontal stripes across it to make it look a bit more accurate. The limestone could be a bit more grey. Basalt and Dacite are spectacular.
instead of cobblestone, i did concrete bricks.

here is bricks, wood trunk(side), birch wood planks, birch wood trunk(side), wood veneer, and concrete bricks

The wood log(side) is nice, but should maybe be a bit more... rough and wood-looking. The birch planks are nice (however, you may want to consider making hem a bit worn). The birch log(side) should have those black lines that birch trees have. The conrete bricks, very nice. Although, maybe if they were a bit darker and a little jagged, they'd be more western-esque.

The only thing I have to say here is that you should make them look a little dryer. Otherwise, they're fantastic.

I hope you don't mind my criticisms. I tried my best to come off as constructive. I think it's coming along nicely.
/snail       /snail    /snail         /snail /snail      /snail   /snail                /snail        

Tyrael

• TM Survival Map Builder
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: SUPREMExSNIPER7
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2015, 08:18:15 PM »
Im excited for this :D , perhaps replace torches with small lanterns or candles?
As iron sharpens iron, so a friend sharpens a friend.
      - King Solomon

Jared

• Supreme Member
  • Maze/Trivia Builder & Previous Total Miner Tester
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 2 years on site+300 posts Former MotM winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Jeff McNewmen
  • PSN: Jeff_McNewmen
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2015, 11:17:14 PM »
I better see a tumbleweed some point in this texture pack.

《Thank You GK & Mysterio For These Astonishing Signitures!》

The Gold Knight

• Elite Member
  • Ya hoser
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts Former MotM winners 1 year on site+100 posts Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13)
    • View Profile
    • Insert Clickbait Title Here!
    • Awards
  • Other: 何
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2015, 11:27:12 PM »
I better see a tumbleweed some point in this texture pack.
May not have been done by Atlas, but how's this? ;)
Spoiler for Hidden Content:

Jared

• Supreme Member
  • Maze/Trivia Builder & Previous Total Miner Tester
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 2 years on site+300 posts Former MotM winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Jeff McNewmen
  • PSN: Jeff_McNewmen
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2015, 11:40:44 PM »
A for effort  :D

《Thank You GK & Mysterio For These Astonishing Signitures!》

Gary

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Steam: Conmaan ... ... Discord: Conmaan #9586
  • Awards 1 year on site+100 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2015, 11:57:19 PM »
A for effort  :D

I give it an F for fun, but not what we're looking for.

Link to my youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo4rmelSOUB9YMM0Is-zWyQ

Sargnarg the Hardge Harg

• Extreme Member
  • Atlas Telamon
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts Former MotM winners Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2015, 02:24:50 AM »
I think that one of the flowers should be tumbleweed. That way, farms look like farms, and you'll actually be able to find tumbleweed randomly across the surface.
I think the sand looks great. The brick, I feel, should be a little more pale.The colour of the clay should be muted ever so slightly. I think the sandstone should have a few red or orange horizontal stripes across it to make it look a bit more accurate. The limestone could be a bit more grey. Basalt and Dacite are spectacular.The wood log(side) is nice, but should maybe be a bit more... rough and wood-looking. The birch planks are nice (however, you may want to consider making hem a bit worn). The birch log(side) should have those black lines that birch trees have. The conrete bricks, very nice. Although, maybe if they were a bit darker and a little jagged, they'd be more western-esque.The only thing I have to say here is that you should make them look a little dryer. Otherwise, they're fantastic.

I hope you don't mind my criticisms. I tried my best to come off as constructive. I think it's coming along nicely.
Just got home. I'll see what I can do before I go to bed. Idk how to make a tumble weed though so I think I may come up with 6 varients of that and see what people like most

#BanAtlas

Sargnarg the Hardge Harg

• Extreme Member
  • Atlas Telamon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2015, 02:27:27 AM »
If its better than what I can make, would you mind me putting it in the TP?

#BanAtlas

Sargnarg the Hardge Harg

• Extreme Member
  • Atlas Telamon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2015, 02:37:30 AM »

Tumbleweed attempt 1

#BanAtlas

The Gold Knight

• Elite Member
  • Ya hoser
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts Former MotM winners 1 year on site+100 posts Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13)
    • View Profile
    • Insert Clickbait Title Here!
    • Awards
  • Other: 何
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2015, 03:12:00 AM »
If its better than what I can make, would you mind me putting it in the TP?
If I post something in this topic and you like it, use it to your heart's content.

Sargnarg the Hardge Harg

• Extreme Member
  • Atlas Telamon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2015, 03:18:10 AM »
If I post something in this topic and you like it, use it to your heart's content.
Thanks

#BanAtlas

Sargnarg the Hardge Harg

• Extreme Member
  • Atlas Telamon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2015, 03:47:35 AM »
based on critisms, here are the new clay, sandstone, and wood trunk. ill work on the others tommorrow
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 04:25:13 AM by Atlas Telamon »

#BanAtlas

PWRBTTN

• Legendary Member
  • Professional Expert, Comrade
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: PWRBTTN
  • Steam: PWRBTTN
« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2015, 01:01:16 PM »
based on critisms, here are the new clay, sandstone, and wood trunk. ill work on the others tommorrow

All of those are spectacular! You're doing VERY well!
/snail       /snail    /snail         /snail /snail      /snail   /snail                /snail        

Sargnarg the Hardge Harg

• Extreme Member
  • Atlas Telamon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2015, 02:09:38 PM »
I think the sand looks great. The brick, I feel, should be a little more pale.The colour of the clay should be muted ever so slightly. I think the sandstone should have a few red or orange horizontal stripes across it to make it look a bit more accurate. The limestone could be a bit more grey. Basalt and Dacite are spectacular.The wood log(side) is nice, but should maybe be a bit more... rough and wood-looking. The birch planks are nice (however, you may want to consider making hem a bit worn). The birch log(side) should have those black lines that birch trees have. The conrete bricks, very nice. Although, maybe if they were a bit darker and a little jagged, they'd be more western-esque.The only thing I have to say here is that you should make them look a little dryer. Otherwise, they're fantastic.

By making the bricks more pale, do you mean pinker? More like the second brick texture?

I tried a couple of times last night and I just couldn't get the black spots on the birch to look right.

#BanAtlas