Author Topic:  Looks, I made a spider girl!  (Read 825 times)

Stormthorn

• Awards 2 years on site 1 year on site Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: WafleHouse 4Tet
Looks, I made a spider girl!
« on: May 09, 2013, 08:24:47 PM »
She probably isnt very good, since, in terms of art, I actually know darkroom development and digital editing, not sprites.

Made in about 30 to 40 minutes on MSpaint without having any idea how to actually do this sort of stuff. If I had made her bigger I would have tried shading her a little and if I knew what shades to use and where to put them I would have added some gray to her outline to make it look less jagged. I may still try, but that will have to come after the 10,000 words worth of assignments im doing this weekend.

Warning, tiny blue nipples.
Spoiler for Hidden Content:

Stormthorn

• Awards 2 years on site 1 year on site Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Looks, I made a spider girl!
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2013, 01:04:47 AM »
And now I made a little mage. Im lazy, so im just liking the image back to the very tiny version serving as my avatar at the moment.

EDIT: Here he is at his normal size. I also have an enlarged one.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 01:06:48 AM by Stormthorn »

Kitty

• Legendary Member
  • Sinking into nothing at all~
  • Awards Former MotM winners 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Milkshakez7z
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2013, 01:11:42 AM »
That mage is pretty cool ^_^

BeardedSHROOMS

• Awards 2 years on site Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: BeardedSHROOMS
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2013, 01:17:50 AM »
She probably isnt very good, since, in terms of art, I actually know darkroom development and digital editing, not sprites.

Made in about 30 to 40 minutes on MSpaint without having any idea how to actually do this sort of stuff. If I had made her bigger I would have tried shading her a little and if I knew what shades to use and where to put them I would have added some gray to her outline to make it look less jagged. I may still try, but that will have to come after the 10,000 words worth of assignments im doing this weekend.

Warning, tiny blue nipples.

and you've never played dark souls? Other than colors that is almost identical to one of the bosses.

GrimTimes

• Awards Unique Content Contributors 1 year on site Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Gr1mT1m3z
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2013, 02:16:57 AM »
Wow, these are pretty good just using mspaint. Ideally, that is probably the best way to learn pixel art. Keep it up.
<--- Click for my texture pack and info!

Stormthorn

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2013, 01:26:27 AM »
Here is the spider girl with her lines softened using color. Because MSpaint doesnt save custom colors and, as you notice, a color palete wasnt saved on the images themselves (although in the future I will have one for in-progress works), my options on how to add those lines was a bit limited.

The work shading spheres on the mage was put to use to make this little monster.

For the little ones I suggest you use right-click, copy, and then paste into Paint and just use the zoom tool to see the details exactly as I drew them. In the future I may use screencaps or enlarging to get bigger ones.

Enlarging would add details to fix and screencaps of zoomed-in images that are then cut down would work best, making each pixel a 4x4 or maybe 6x6 block of solid color in the enlarged version.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 01:29:06 AM by Stormthorn »

Stormthorn

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2013, 01:37:24 AM »
Got off ass. Tried my hand at the screencap thing. I think it worked OK.

I also made a high-detail enlargment of what my workspace looks like with the grid and whatnot.

« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 01:49:01 AM by Stormthorn »