Author Topic:  No Man's Sky  (Read 6572 times)

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
  • Awards Developer 4 years on site+1000 posts 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Awards
Re: No Man's Sky
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2016, 09:37:37 AM »
i would love to play with my friends so i have a hope you can get into a lobby before you start for the first time and all go in together so we have a chance to be with our friends.
Nope. When you start, you spawn in a far flung planet, and you'll likely never meet up with your friends, ever.

TM Charles

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 3 years on site+600 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • ::)
    • Awards
  • Xbox: ETTP & Mr Zincy
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2016, 11:10:33 PM »
i would love to play with my friends so i have a hope you can get into a lobby before you start for the first time and all go in together so we have a chance to be with our friends.
Nope. When you start, you spawn in a far flung planet, and you'll likely never meet up with your friends, ever.
Ik its so sad. But whi can be sad when you can play the game for the reat of your life.

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
  • Awards Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Jack Of Shades Youtube Gaming Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2016, 02:10:44 AM »
I saw a recent game play with one of the developers and...wow. I read the article in Game Informer many months ago. I was already excited, but the game play I saw.. So much to do! So much exploration! I don't even care if I see my friends, the sheer scale of the universe.. It's amazing! I cannot wait, even the way you learn new languages on a planet and such. Awesome!

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
  • Awards Developer 4 years on site+1000 posts 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2016, 08:02:55 PM »
Release date pushed back to August.

http://www.wired.com/2016/05/no-mans-sky-delayed/

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
  • Awards Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2016, 08:56:08 PM »
worth it if the game remains how it was, or better. :D

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2016, 11:24:29 AM »

How did we ever get to this.

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2016, 11:31:22 AM »

When ignorance and stupidity rule, that's how. :/

PWRBTTN

• Legendary Member
  • Professional Expert, Comrade
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: PWRBTTN
  • Steam: PWRBTTN
« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2016, 01:34:27 PM »

Was that the cause for delay?
/snail       /snail    /snail         /snail /snail      /snail   /snail                /snail        

bob

• Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • Awards Award for outstanding excellence in the field of bob 4 years on site+1000 posts 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2016, 04:10:54 PM »
Assuming the trademark laws are similar to the US trademark laws, the owner (Sky TV in this case) must actively defend their trademark, or it will be taken from them. So every now and then they have to dig up someone using the name for any purpose and take them to court over the use of it. Basically the law mandates that they file frivolous law suits.

Platinum Dryym

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: dryym
« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2016, 05:06:13 PM »
Assuming the trademark laws are similar to the US trademark laws, the owner (Sky TV in this case) must actively defend their trademark, or it will be taken from them. So every now and then they have to dig up someone using the name for any purpose and take them to court over the use of it. Basically the law mandates that they file frivolous law suits.

That is honestly one of the stupidist things I have ever heard.

If I am getting this right, If I own the trademark for a company called "The", I can, And am legally required to file a lawsuit on things such as "The Lord of The Rings".
Otherwise I lose the rights to my trademark.

Creator of the term "Deathmine "
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym

bob

• Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • Awards Award for outstanding excellence in the field of bob 4 years on site+1000 posts 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2016, 07:12:36 PM »
Each trademark is approved individually, I doubt they would grant one for a word like "the" but there are some ludicrously common words that they have approved, so it could happen.

But assuming you did get it approved somehow, yeah, you'd have to legally defend it. Otherwise it becomes considered abandoned and goes back up for grabs. It's incredibly silly.

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2016, 11:18:17 PM »
Each trademark is approved individually, I doubt they would grant one for a word like "the" but there are some ludicrously common words that they have approved, so it could happen.

But assuming you did get it approved somehow, yeah, you'd have to legally defend it. Otherwise it becomes considered abandoned and goes back up for grabs. It's incredibly silly.

So basically, it's like let's say Runescape? If you don't play your character for a while, they up and delete it which allows your name to be used by another. In a sense.

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2016, 03:14:30 AM »
Was that the cause for delay?
They haven't said. But I was wondering as much. Because the original release date passed before that tweet, and obviously they wouldn't have been able to release until that issue was settled, so it quite possibly was the reason. Probably for the best, gives them 2 more months or however long the extension was to make the game better.

amos

• Awards 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: July 14, 2016, 09:19:23 PM »
New trailer hype!

« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 01:50:56 AM by amos »

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: July 14, 2016, 10:15:17 PM »
This is what I enjoy about this upcoming game. They took the time to add wonderful aspects to the game. I hope they deliver everything they've shown us. I will be pleasantly pleased with the end product.