Author Topic:  [How to] Make Scripts  (Read 27248 times)

.ok

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 4 years on site Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site 2 years on site Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Scripts -[How to]-
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2014, 06:44:12 PM »
i also came up with a really awesome and complicated idea
but if i wanna even attempt it i need to know

is there a way to run multiple scripts at once
is there a way to time the commands
can you delay say script a for like 5 seconds....then the moment a gets delayed to have a timer on b or c where they perform a command after....like how a redstone repeater has 3 delays...would it be possible for if u flick a swich script a would be on tick 4,script b ould be on tick 3 and script c would be on tick 2 or 1 and have them perform their task bfr either meeting back together or waiting to perform on another comand

if ur able to understand my idea and its possible
then h4dhhg33696giugw356ttyyyyutxst

muD

• Legendary Member
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13) 2 years on site Former MotM winners 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2014, 07:35:37 PM »
i also came up with a really awesome and complicated idea
but if i wanna even attempt it i need to know

is there a way to run multiple scripts at once
is there a way to time the commands
can you delay say script a for like 5 seconds....then the moment a gets delayed to have a timer on b or c where they perform a command after....like how a redstone repeater has 3 delays...would it be possible for if u flick a swich script a would be on tick 4,script b ould be on tick 3 and script c would be on tick 2 or 1 and have them perform their task bfr either meeting back together or waiting to perform on another comand

if ur able to understand my idea and its possible
then h4dhhg33696giugw356ttyyyyutxst
all sounds do-able
sounds like you could use just one script block & put delays in it for that. may be easier.
check out the Wait command - you will want to use Wait [5000] for a 5 second delay

For example;
1: Wait [5000]
2: SetPower [x,y,z] [on]
3: Wait [4000]
4: SetSwitch [x,y,z] [on]
5: Wait [3000]
6: SpawnMob [x,y,z] [sheep]

& yes you can also run scripts from scripts - or have simultaneous scripts to run
7: Script [name]

i'll make a thing for OP on delays & running scripts from scripts sometime. maybe tomoz

whatever you had in mind, it sounds possible
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 07:37:38 PM by muD »

bob

• Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • Awards Award for outstanding excellence in the field of bob 5 years on site 4 years on site 3 years on site 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2014, 07:43:57 PM »
Once again, great topic. Thanks for writing it up. Well deserving of a sticky

muD

• Legendary Member
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13) 2 years on site Former MotM winners 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2014, 07:46:17 PM »
i was messing around w the inventory part and i gugured a way to fill all of the what was crates now chests with max gold
because previouslu when i build that arcade i had crates and what i ended up was filling all 100-200 crates that were under the arcade blocks with gold to the max amount you could add or 65K x 20
and that took 6 hrs to do

now i have or will have it to where when smne walks in or out of the arcade they step on 1 of 2 pressure plates that fills the current 2 chests i have in fromt until i open the map later where i can punch in each of the chests xyz

but now ill never have to worry about ppl taking more gold than they need or worry about finding each chest that has gold missing & filling those spots up

:) cool
have you used an 'add/remove block' script to make the arcade players safe from interference yet?
sure they'd all appreciate it

see some plans for that & other ideas here http://totalminerforums.net/index.php?topic=4807.msg58749#msg58749

muD

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2014, 07:48:52 PM »
Once again, great topic. Thanks for writing it up. Well deserving of a sticky
no worries :) thanks bob

.ok

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 4 years on site Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site 2 years on site Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2014, 10:08:15 PM »
:) cool
have you used an 'add/remove block' script to make the arcade players safe from interference yet?
sure they'd all appreciate it

see some plans for that & other ideas here http://totalminerforums.net/index.php?topic=4807.msg58749#msg58749
what do u mean?im confused

muD

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2014, 10:20:55 PM »

stewydeadmike

• Elite Member
  • ( ゚ヮ゚)/
  • Awards 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: stewydead mike
  • PSN: don't have one
  • Steam: stewydeadmike
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2014, 10:49:15 PM »
thanks all my chests can be full so I dont have to constantly refill them  :D

Pringle

• Legendary Member
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 3 years on site 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: pringle2009
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2014, 11:26:24 PM »
This topic just completly thought me it all
https://m.

Littleman9Mew2

• I AM MEWTWO!
  • Awards 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2014, 12:18:26 AM »
hey muD, you should add a section for the wireless transmitter and receiver blocks.
could help alot for some of those inventive people!
and maybe add something about component pasting!
Check out my Youtube channel!

P.S.
I'm baaack!