Author Topic: [Construction] Civilizations  (Read 9390 times)

Dauntless395

• Legendary Member
  • The Ecchi King
  • Awards Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) Former MotM winners Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 3 years on site Awarded to exemplary forum members Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Dauntless395
  • PSN: Dauntless395
[Construction] Civilizations
« on: March 18, 2014, 08:20:12 PM »

"A stellar map! Better than Call of Duty Ghosts! 13/10!"
- IGN Entertainment

"I approve of this map."
- Barack Obama

"Why are all the Orks standing in lava in those pictures of my fortress?"
- Sauron

The Gate-Traveler's Guide to Civilizations

Welcome to Civilizations, the epitome of my Dig Deep building experience! Here I will be showcasing the wonders of my oldest map, from Ancient Mesopotamia to the 41st Millennium, from The Nile Delta to Middle Earth, and a Galaxy Far Far Away. I will be showcasing each major build on the map, all fifteen of them in order as they were built, and will give insight into its historical value, portrayal in media, and my own commentary on its construction.

This dig deep map was started during v1.0 of Total Miner, almost 3 years in the making. Over 95% of my Total Miner playtime has been through this map. Sorry to burst your bubble Liam, but the map will forever be in Original SD texture ::). Too much had been built by the time v1.8 was released, and so a lot of the builds would have to be changed to switch to HD. Hogwarts would look like Santa's Christmas Village with red Rhyolite and white Marble.
Each major project has involved clearing the land, erecting those monoliths, and constructing underground. As you will see, the beauty isn't just what's on the surface, but what's underneath them. Just below your feet is, in my mind, the real jewel of the map. If you ever get a chance to explore the map, be sure to check every corner and every pathway. For you might miss an entire underground system of demons, or the lost realm of Poseidon!

Picture 1: View from atop of Hogwarts.                                                 Picture 2: Chibi Town, first hell

I would like to give a special shoutout to MysterioFan99 for taking the time to photograph my world! Without these excellent screenshots, I would not be able to convey my pride that I take in this map. He was very helpful (and put up with my nagging ::) ) so once again I thank him!
I would also like to thank EpiikReaPz, Mr. Dig Deep, DatGamerLogan, Derfen Steve, muD, and a blue gecko for placing NPCs down near the Stargate spawn! I try to extend the offer of allowing any forum member who enjoyed my world to place one down and comment about the map. I love reading over them in my free time, as it means a lot to me to show my friends my map. If you have joined the map, and wish to place down an NPC, drop into the world and let me know!

If you would like to comment on something in the original post, please shrink down the quote by deleting away what isn't necessary to what you want to discuss. There will be a lot of information posted, and I mean a lot! It would only provide a huge scrolling problem for viewers if you were to simply re-paste everything I have written.

Now let us begin!
"Chevron One Engaged!" *Dial sequence starts....*

Stargate Command

This wasn't my first build on the map, but since players spawn here might as well discuss it first. Stargate Command was actually a more recent build. I had wanted to redo the spawn zone, moving it from atop of surface Stargate to one underground. The SGC is located directly underneath the original spawn, as to not disturb the other underground constructions.
"Chevron Three Engaged!"

It features General Hammond, who briefs new players to the map, as well as provide crucial information regarding the map: read NPCs and turn on the map. I cant tell you how many people get lost in the structures because they didn't read the NPC that told them to go left, or if they had the map turned on they would see the exit in the dark room :P
I also added a glass map plotter, which displays some of the pictures found in the many builds on the map.
And last but not least, I put up my Total Miner World Alliance Flag on the back wall!
"Chevron Five Engaged!"

I plan to expand the SGC in the hallway section. Perhaps I may add an Asgard or Replicator reference in a room somewhere. The problem is that the build is located in the heart of one of the "busiest" underground sections, so hopefully I have not run out of room already.

Picture 1: The Gate Room from the view of the control room. I tried adding clamps to the side, depicted with opal.
Picture 2: A view of the surface-Stargate, with some generously-donated NPCs. There is a door below it that says "Ecchi Kings only". I wonder who the Ecchi King is?...

"Chevron Seven Locked and Engaged!"
*Loud unstable vortex sounds, then fades into water splashing sounds*
"Wormhole established! SG team, you are cleared for off-world travel!"

Alright, it is time for us to embark. I hope you brought your camera and a change of underwear, because we will be exploring worlds like no other....

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Total Minor Version 1.0 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Chichen Itza/Mayan Temple

Picture 1: Easily one of my favorite shots. Mostly because I like how Barad Dür leans, giving a looming presence.
Picture 2: A nice shot of the front side from the Stargate

In the beginning, there was only digging. Mindless, peaceful, digging. The surface was littered with archipelagos of sand, grass, dirt, and flowers. I assumed the only purpose was to dig, dig, dig.

And then I had a thought....
What if I try to build something? Sure, I've tried to build dinky one-room houses before, but never anything grand.
And what could I possibly build that is "grand"?

Gold. Lots and lots of gold. That's sick to have. Why not build... with gold!
What to build? A temple.... made of solid gold!

This idea sparked the first, and certainly not the last, mega build that I would attempt on the map.
I scoured the surface to find the biggest mountain to lay it on top of, and coincidently it was the very middle of the map. I spent weeks trying to collect enough gold, making strafe run after strafe run looting cave systems of their precious stones.

When it was "complete" I had only two sides done. If you look at Picture 1, that is the exact angle one could look at to see  the completed faces. The other two panels had trees and mountains growing on them :P But it was sufficient, and cool enough to show all my friends my latest build! I added opal at the top to resemble a sacrificial altar.
Then, I decided to make a small room inside the pyramid. Digging out the newly-placed grass blocks, I carved a staircase to a small room, in which I made a golden bathtub, and a smaller room with a drop to Hell. At the time, I had only made it to the first hell, so as a token of my success, a quick-drop there was added.

The "real" Chichen Itza is not made of gold, but rather stone. It is found in the Yucatan Peninsula in modern-day Mexico. Remains of the Mayan civilization that collapsed mysteriously, millions of tourists visit the temple yearly, especially to see the "serpent crawling" during the spring equinox. The shadow casted on the temple side gives the illusion of a snake slithering down its slope as the sun moves across the sky.

To this day, 3/4ths of the pyramid is covered by native gold blocks that I dug up. The rest was bought. The only renovations that have been done since its construction would be the andesite stair-blocks to scale the pyramid. The small rooms have been left untouched, partly due to sentimental value and the fact that I have other fish to fry.

The Zuggurat of Ur

Picture 1: Shot of the Ziggurat from in front of the Stargate.
Picture 2: A side shot from in front of the Temple of Olympian Zeus.

I must address this first, as many get it wrong. The city is called Ur, and you pronounce it as "Er" in the word "Ernest". It is not a text message abbreviation of "your" :P
Now, this temple was built by Sumerians about 4100 years ago in what was known as the Fertile Crescent, modern-day Irag between the Tigris and Euphrates Rivers.

After constructing the Mayan temple, I had decided to pursue a "historical world wonders" route in building projects. I chose the Tuff block because I liked the grey-blue tint that it gave off in the light. A massive quarry was dug in the tuff layer in order to fund the required building materials to make such a huge structure.
Then I had an idea: make the Ziggurat hollow. Before, I filled the Mayan temple's volume with dirt and grass, but now I didn't need to. This opened up more possibilities to create rooms inside the temple. At first levels 1 and 2 were just winding passages, with a cherry metal tub like the gold one in Chichen Itza. Then the bottom level was made into a paradise, complete with a flowing water spring and rushing waves.

Upon first building, the bottom level also featured a Red Marker from Dead Space, but since then I removed it in place of a shipwreck. The marker was going to have a drop to second Hell, but I never put one in.
Renovations include removing the windy passages into a library. This was done after the v1.8 update, because I was inspired by YoungSykotic posting a picture of a library setup during 1.8 testing. I also have added more foliage in the paradise bottom level, and plan to make a mini Fountain of Youth. Will probably add an NPC saying "the Fountain of Youth tastes like eggs mixed with water :p" because really it's true :P I've taken several trips to St. Augustine, and the water smells and taste like there's Sulfur in it.

Picture 1: A Starbucks logo I created using four paintings. It doesn't look as nice in Original SD, but the NPC tells you to change momentarily to see her beauty
Picture 2: The bottom level with a shot of the shipwreck and the rock spewing water.

The Valley of the Kings

Shot from the Temple of Olympian Zeus

Yes, I know the name is technically inaccurate, as there are no pyramids in the Valley of the Kings. I just like the ring of "Valley of the Kings" better than "Egyptian Pyramid". The Egyptian Pyramids were some of the greatest engineering marvels of all time. Developed during the 3rd through 18th dynasties, the Pyramids represented the height of the King's power (Pharaoh comes from the word Par-aou, which means "House of God" as the King is a living deity). Djoser was the first, which a step-pyramid was constructed in his honor by the mastermind Imhotep. The step-pyramid wasn't actually enterable, but served really as a large tombstone overlooking Djoser's real gravesite.
The three pyramids made by Khufu, Kafra, and Men-Kau-Ra are the most famous at Giza. However, many people don't realize that the middle pyramid with the "cap" on it is not the largest. It is actually the one behind it, Khufu's. Kafra's might look bigger, but this is due to it sitting on higher ground.
Spoiler for Hidden Content:

The build has been extensively renovated over time. I have added a hole in the side above the burial to allow starlight in. This was put in place by the Egyptians, who believed the essence of the King would shoot out like a rocket towards the heavens. The Opet festival barge has been added, a reference to their most important festival at Karnak and Luxor where the King renews his divinity. In fact, anyone who performed the ceremony would be crowned King. Horemheb in the 18th dynasty was not of royal blood, but took over the kingship when he completed the tasks at the Opet festival.
Also featured is a statue of Horus kneeling with a spear.

Picture 1: The Opet Festival barge. It would float down the Nile with the statues of Amun, Khonsu, and Mut to Luxor.
Picture 2: A statue of Horus. I didn't know what to put there.

The pyramid has a false burial chamber upon entering. I came up with this idea in order to segue into the best part of the build: the guard statues of Anubis and the Temple of Amun.

Picture 1: Anubis and the papyrus columns upon entering the secret passage.
Picture 2: Statue of the Kings at the Temple of Amun.

Upon falling into a secret passage, players would come across a large lava pit surrounded by a forest of papyrus columns. Standing guard are the statues of Anubis. Extensive renovation allowed me to carve out of the sandstone rock two enormous king statues. This was inspired by Ramesses II's Temple of Amun at Abu Simbel about 3200 years ago. Between the two kings is a hieroglyphic of "Ka". Ka has a spiritual divinity meaning, in which kingship is placed upon the shoulders of the Pharoah. Ka actually looks like two hands placed on the shoulders of someone. In hieroglyphic form, it is drawn almost like two hands pointing in the air.
Sample pics below.

I had to a Mummy Returns reference, so at the end of the secret passage is a small sarcophagus with a skeleton saying "Death is only the beginning!" The mummy says this on the Revenge of the Mummy ride at Universal Studios Florida. Also look down when falling down to the first hell. There is a surprise.

This was the first build that utilized the space below the structure. The previous two builds used the space inside the build itself; the bottom paradise fits within the dimensions of the Ziggurat. In the Valley of the Kings, one burial chamber sits within the walls of the pyramid, while another site about a hundred blocks below. This was a crucial step in dig deep construction, to be able to utilize the space underneath.
No longer will builds be forced to confine to the limited space on the surface. This epiphany was momentous.

The Temple of Olympian Zeus

A shot from the Stargate. You can also see the tank in the background. I had to move that four times when building.

Upon first building, it was called the Parthenon. Then I realized nothing about the build was accurate to the real Parthenon, so I renamed it to the Temple of Olympian Zeus, which also has nothing to do with my build :P. The actual building I modeled it after is one of the best-preserved Greek builds in Athens. It can be found in the ancient Athenian Marketplace today, just down from the Theater of Dionysus and the Acropolis.

The Temple of Olympian Zeus was started by Peisistratus in the early 500s BCE, but was only semi completed by the Roman emperor Hadrian in the second century CE.

I started with a statue of Zeus sitting on his throne inside the temple. I think I got that from watching the Disney movie Hercules, with Zeus looming over onlookers. There is a secret passage behind his throne (had to put an NPC down directing people that way, because frankly people are too lazy to check behind it and leave) that leads to Atlantis. The staircase down has a fire/ice look, and upon entering the Atlantis build it becomes a wall of water.
Overall Im a bit disappointed by the build, because it didnt turn out quite how I wanted. I imagined an aquarium-like walkway, where players could see Atlantis through the glass and walk at their own leisure. However when I first made it, glass was not as see-through as I thought, so then people had to swim. Lighting issues underwater prevented being able to see the build. When v1.8 came around I upgraded the tunnel with a water block surrounding.

Picture 1: Zeus on his throne.
Picture 2: Atlantis with a glass catwalk to simulate walking on the ocean floor next to it.

Then comes the best part. Renovated during the v1.9 update, players drop into Poseidon's Falls, an underground complex of ruins, mermaid statues, and waterfalls. This used to be a small room in which a picture of a Trident hung on a wall. Now that trident is part of the waterfall, which flows down into a dark cavern. I was inspired by Poseidon's Fury ride at Universal Studios: Islands of Adventure with the gushing water effects and flame equipment. The water flowing out of the statue's mouth is from the same statue above Mythos' Restaurant at the Lost Continent.
Future expansion will have the Styx river and Hades below it all. For now it's just a long tube with lava.

Picture 1: Shot from the secret entrance with the Trident symbol on the waterfall.
Picture 2: Gushing water from statue's mouth, Mermaid statues, and ruined columns.
Picture 3: Overlooking the entrance to the area at the gazebo-type building.

Overall I am neutral with the build. Atlantis was a bust, but I really enjoy walking through Poseidon's Falls. Perhaps I can find a way to change up the Atlantis build to make it better.

This concludes the original four temples that I wanted to build. I thought I was done building at this point, since were arranged by surrounding my spawn zone. There simply wouldn't be enough room to place more temples on as grand of a scale as I had wanted. Or so I thought....
« Last Edit: January 01, 2017, 02:22:54 PM by Dauntless395 »
You make me smile!

Dauntless395

• Legendary Member
  • The Ecchi King
  • Awards Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) Former MotM winners Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 3 years on site Awarded to exemplary forum members Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Civilizations
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2014, 08:20:46 PM »
The Pirate Ship

I don't remember why I wanted to make this. Pirates of the Caribbean maybe? I just thought it would be really cool to make. In fact, no reference picture was needed to make the ship. I made it all by mental images of what I thought a pirate ship should look like. No Plotz website was used either (never even heard of it until last May after the v1.8 update).
My favorite part has to be the skull bone sail. It looks neat from afar.
I added a second deck with access to the cannons, and a lower deck featuring a jail cell. After v1.8, I added a secret passage under the ship to exit through the water-spewing rock under the Ziggurat. From the Ziggurat side, it is called Paradise area. From the Pirate ship, it is called Pirate's Cove.

Overall it was a very fun build. Took about a week to finish.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Total Minor Update Version 1.1 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The Hall of Supreme Harmony

Picture 1: Shot from the path leading up to Barad Dür.
Picture 2: The interior with dragon heads.

The Hall of Supreme Harmony is located in the Forbidden City in Beijing, China. Constructed during the Ming Dynasty in the 1400s, the Hall of Supreme Harmony is the largest and most central temple at the site. Here the emperor would partake in spiritual services and imperial weddings. It stands as the largest wooden structure in China.

Building the outside proposed only two problems. The first was getting the roof to slope correctly, as the roof ends at a steeper slope than where it begins. So I had to fool with the design until I got the roof to slope right.
The second, and more difficult, problem was the trees. The. Trees. The temple is built into the side a a rather large archipelago, home to quite a number of trees. I soon realized how momentous of a task it was to cut them down, for every tree that fell, three more took its place. It was a nightmare, and frankly they won. If you go behind the temple now, you will see a multitude of trees still standing.

The interior isn't anything to boast about. I got to make some cool-looking dragon heads on the wall, but other than that I was short of ideas to put inside. I added a nice throne chair to sit on, and there is a secret passage through one of the dragon's mouths to drop down to the first hell. This would be the last structure that does that.

Renovations include adding a nicer set of stairs on the outside. I dont have plans for making a secret underground area, because I wouldn't know what to put there. Unless anyone wants to give me ideas on Chinese culture besides their lanterns and dragons. Besides, I need more room for Barad Dür.....

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Total Minor Update Version 1.5 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Barard Dür: Lord of the Rings
- "Build thy an army worthy of Mordor"

Picture 1: Had to get a dusk shot for the evilness effect.
Picture 2: I love walking up to the castle, looking up to its overwhelming presence.

Hands down, this and the Republic Star Destroyer are my two favorite parts of the map! Not because of the complexity of the build, or the fancy interior, but simply the look on the outside. It just looks so cool with its jagged spikes around the base, the mountain it is carved into, and the ruggedness of the slopes on the outside of the building. The only grievance I have is that I built it too close to the Mayan Temple. If you look closely, you can see that part of the left side of the tower is actually on top of the temple's corner.

This was my first non-real build; it is strictly from the movie. I wanted to do a Lord of the Rings build, but shuddered at the thought of trying Minas Tirith. Isengard seemed too simple, and Minas Mogul never crossed my mind. So Barad Dür was a likely choice.
This was the first build to be funded completely by selling titanium carbide. All of the builds before either were made of natural rock to be dug up, or was funded by digging up rock (mostly tuff), selling it, and using that money. Then I discovered the wonders of titanium carbide, and its value. Forever will I now be able to make giant structures without the fear of running out of funds.

As for the interior, it has seen some serious renovations. I have added an upper deck, in which the Fires of Mount Doom are up there. Here, one can see Frodo the Hippie and Sam the Refugee trying to throw the nonexistent ring into the lava.

- "Frodo! Throw the Ring into the fire! Or I'll push you in with it!"

I also expanded Mordor's Forge. What once was a small room filled with iron and two orks, is suddenly a massive complex underground. I got the inspiration from the trilogy shots of going down into Isengard, seeing the clamoring of weapons, pouring molten iron to make swords, muck pits to make new orks in, etc.

I wanted to make a creative path to explore the Forge, so I added a series of ramps and catwalks progressively up. Along the way, NPCs recite parts of the Ring poem. Featured in the jail cells, Legolas is still talking about the Hobbits going to Isengard ::)
At the end of the ramps, the last two NPCs say "One Ring to rule them all. One Ring to find them. One ring to bring them all..." The helmet of the Witch-King of Angmar awaits wear travelers. Upon jumping into the Nazgul's mouth and ascending the stairs, the final NPC states.....

Picture 1: - "Do not get between the Nazgul and its prey."
Picture 2: A shot looking from the entrance to the Forge

"...and in the darkness binds them"

There is a final spiral staircase ascending to the top of the build. There, players can see an overarching shot of every build on the map. It is also tied for the tallest at a depth of 2 with Hogwarts.

I plan to expand the underground build even more. With the advent of larger complexes underground such as the Maledictum Pit and the Forbidden Forest, I now know it is possible to build the Bridge of Khazad Dum. Perhaps one day I will have Gandalf yelling "You! Shall not! PASS!!!" with the Balog in front.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Total Minor Update Version 1.6 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
After this update it wouldn't save my progress :P Work halted until after the next update.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Total Minor Update Version 1.65 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The Republic Star Destroyer
- "I have failed you Anakin. I have failed you"

Picture 1: Shot from the back side of the Mayan Temple. Also shown is ARC-170 Star fighter underneath.
Picture 2: A shot of the Y-Wing from the side, as well as Boba Fett's Slave I.

If you would like to know where my love of building Star Wars vehicles in creative began, this is it. Before the Covenant Carrier, this was the build that everyone stopped to go look at. At first, I didn't believe it was possible. Many people don't believe me that I built it on dig deep, and somehow modded it into the game.
My inspiration for the build came from the very beginning of Star Wars Episode III. The opening scene shows the Venator Star Destroyer in orbit above Coruscant. It looks so sick! Probably one of my favorite shots out of the entire trilogy. Odd don't you think for a five second shot?
Since I had obviously never attempted this before, I had to sketch out how I wanted to accomplish it. In fact, these very same guidelines (minus the scaffolding as creative has fly) are used whenever I build Star Wars ships now. I made an outline of the farthest dimension of the ship. Then I traced it out with marble on the ground below the air where it would float. After this, I made stair-steps from the bow of the pirate ship all the way to the desired height.

The top part of the ship wasn't so bad. The hard part came from the bottom. As I had built the ship from the top down, it gets really hard to place blocks below you. More scaffolding needed to be built, and more ropes were laid down. I ended up swinging like Tarzan a lot of times while building.

Despite the size of the ship in the picture, the interior is quite small. Barely enough room for a two block high ceiling in the command deck, but I made do with what I had. Extensive renovations have taken place, such as adding a Jedi Starfighter in the aft area, and a reconfiguring of the hallways to be easier to navigate.

After the 1.9 update, I added the ARC-170 Star fighter, the Y-Wing, and Boba Fett's Slave I ships. I had recently made them in creative, and I got so excited I made them on my dig deep map. Fun fact, if you look closely at the ARC-170's engines, they are Starbucks logo paintings. I couldn't find a block to match an engine look, but the circular-ness of the Starbucks logo sufficed. Also there is a secret underground passage that takes you inside Boba Fett's ship. A sign says "make funny faces at onlookers! ^~^"

A future expansion I would like to make would be Anakin vs Obi-Wan lightsaber duel in Star Wars Episode III. However I dont think I have enough room underground, as the Chaos temple takes up that room. This is where the Necklace of Farsight will come in handy....

Dawn of War: Chaos Temple
- Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne! Milk..... for the Khorne Flakes!

A shot next to the pirate ship. Now that I see it, that looks like a neat shot of the Carrier too.

For those who don't know, Dawn of War is a PC real time strategy game based off the Warhammer 40,000 Universe. In the grim dark future, there is only war. And Chaos love it! Born from the depths of the ever-shifting tears of the Warp, the demonic forces of Chaos have come to lay waste to the Imperium of Man. They will stop at nothing until all is consumed in the name of shedding blood for Khorne.

I picked the Chaos temple, because they are one of my favorite factions in the Warhammer 40K universe. I based the build off of the Dawn of War II temple, as the command center in DoW I looks like a Space Marine monastery with black spikes on it. There is no central piece to the temple, so I borrowed the helmet design from the Temple of Olympian Zeus and stuck it on the front.

After the 1.8 update, I added a Warp Rift build underneath the temple via a secret shaft underneath the helmet. The main feature is the six demons who give a chilling speech from Azariah Kyras from the end of Dawn of War II: Retribution. I have added in the spoiler below his speech. It sounds so cool when he says it!
Also featured are some dead guys hanging from noose ropes. They also state quotes from characters in the game.

Picture 1: The Warp Rift with Kyras' demons.
Picture 2: - "Do you hear the voices too?!"

I tried to make the warp rift have tentacle blocks protruding on all sides, with occasional spikes popping out to give almost a vine-y effect. Overall I am pleased with how the build has turned out. I don't think I will be expanding the underground Warp Rift, because there is still room under the Land Raider to allow such builds to occur.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Total Minor Update Version 1.7 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The Vatican

- "Some day we'll trust him, learn how to see him. Some day he'll call us, and we will come runnin'. And fall in his arms. And the tears will fall down and we'll pray."

Funded by the indulgences of churchgoers, St. Peter's Basilica was constructed in 1626 CE as one of the most magnificent churches ever built. In fact, Michelangelo helped design the dome. Here the Pope takes his seat as leader of the Roman Catholic Church, in a building that dwarfs even the Hagia Sophia, which was overrun by Islamic Turks 170 years prior.
The Pope gives weekly service from out his window from the church. It sits technically within the property of Vatican City, so Rome does not have jurisdiction over them.
The columns built in front of the building are meant to be rode through without being able to see the entire building; riders would ride through the forest of columns and not be able to see the entire thing as to make the church look bigger.

I wanted to add the Vatican to my world, but was unsure as to where to place it. Space was becoming limited around the normal areas, so I placed it behind the pirate ship. This would ultimately work out in my favor. Upon entering one is greeted with an enormous roof clearance, combined with my favorite part: a windowless backdrop. Since the back of the church is against the map wall, the openness makes for breathtaking views of the cross during sunsets and sunrises.

Picture 1: A view of the baptism cross during sunrise. Notice the fake mini waterfalls on either side. And I love the gold/yellow crown molding.
Picture 2: -"And all of creation. Sing with me now. Fill up the Heavens, let his glory resound!"

Added a spot for communion to take place, and some excepts from Templar Knights on the Albigensians, Jerusalem in 1099 CE, and the Battle of Las Navas de Tolosa 1212 CE. (kudos to whoever looks those up)

As a nice last part, I have added a confession booth, which leads to a secret staircase to the Office of the Pope. There, you can find no one else but Pope Arnold I....
LOL I found a pic too :P

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  - - - - - made a Total Miner Forums Account! - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The build was started during the period between v1.7 and was completed after the release of v1.8. I got to experiment with ramp, stairs, and half block textures here.

One of my most coveted builds I want to start is Dante's Inferno. I want to add seven layers of Hell, following Dante's journey to save Beatrice and confront Lucifer. This would be the most extensive underground build yet. Like huge. And it just keeps going down and down.
I may need help with this carving out the rock. But it is down the road. I want to incorporate scripts by adding puzzles to complete to move to the next area. Also I need to replay the game again, because I will need Virgil's commentaries, yet no Youtube video exists of them. So I need to play the game to catch all of them :P

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Total Minor Update Version 1.8 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The Bedrock Nightclub

- "Shaken, not stirred."

A fun little build I made at the very lowest part of the world, 2013 depth. It was started in v1.7 but was completed by v1.8. I enjoyed making the designs on the walls (spiral shapes), along with a full bar and priceless NPCs. My favorite is the default speech for the pupil, which is "Yes master!" in front of the dancer in the picture :D
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 03:01:48 PM by Dauntless395 »
You make me smile!

Dauntless395

• Legendary Member
  • The Ecchi King
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2014, 08:21:23 PM »
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Total Minor Update Version 1.90 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Nothing progressed because half-blocks, ramps, and stairs were locked on my map without blueprints :P
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Total Minor Update Version 1.91 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Got the blocks!

Dawn of War: Land Raider
- "Whether I am victorious or slain, my sins will know Retribution. Such is the final testimony of Gabrielle Angelos:
Captain of the Blood Ravens Third Company.
Savior of Tartarus.
Bane of the Black Legion.
Servant... of the Emperor."

The Machine Spirit is prepared!
Also the Land Raider is modeled after a WWI tank-style. Except much bigger, and can tear through anything with its lasguns.

I had made the original Land Raider on my test creative map, but I liked it so much I ported it over to my dig deep map! Took only a day to make, the fastest mega-build on the map.
In the grim dark future, there is only war. This particular build follows the journey of Gabrielle Angelos and Jonah Orion through the Pit of the Maledictum to face their Chapter Master-turned-heretic Azariah Kyras.

The story so far: The demon of the Maledictum has rotted the heart and mind of Kyras. This is the demon of Tartarus. Unwittingly the demon was set free, with a blow from Gabrielle's hammer Godsplitter. The demon seeks to offer up the skulls of the slain to Khorne, so that it may open up a Warp Rift to swallow the sector, and return to his realm.
To achieve the genocide necessary for such an act, Kyras has orchestrated the arrival of the Exterminatus: the Ordo Malleus fleet ready to destroy all life in the sector. Gabrielle and Jonah must race against the clock to stop Kyras before the sector is destroyed.

Jonah the bomberman, and Gabrielle the Golden Knight at the slopes of the Pit.

The Pit of the Maledictum was inspired by the final level in Dawn of War: Retribution. All of the NPC speech is accurate.
The build itself was immense. I had to blast away all of the rock with C4, then coat the clay with basalt. This was because the build is still at clay, yet I needed a darker rock color. So I mined a quarry of basalt, realized I needed way more, and dug another quarry. Then I collected diorite for the flooring.

- "We part ways here Jonah Orion. Lend support to our brothers. Hold back the tide of Chaos. These many decades have been an honor."

Kyras came out excellent. I love the looming demon that overarches everyone in the pit. I made his hand stretch out to reach for Gabrielle as I add crude animation of hammer swinging (which is just adding wings on the sides of the hammer). Overall I couldnt ask for better. I may model Lucifer in Dante's Inferno and the Balog in Barad Dür after him.

- "Kyras! Die!!!!!"
- "Muhahahaha! Meet your end Gabrielle!"

The entire Pit is self-guided, with a diorite floor that funnels players down a specific path. Once players fall into the pit, they are confronted with a lava waterfall dripping over the cliff. Players follow the diorite to gain insight into Gabrielle and Jonah's progress, then finally at the base to face Kyras. After this, players go under the lava waterfall at the bottom and are faced with a choice:
Who was victorious? Chaos? or the Space Marines?

The path diverges here. I tried to make the Space Marine path look like a miniature chapel. It has a book that tells the aftermath. I provided a video of the entire dialogue below:

I find the Chaos path to be much more enjoyable. It opens up into a lava-torn cavern, in which the sorcerer Nemeroth is plotting the sector's doom with Eliphas the Inheritor. You journey through the warp portal to see Inquisitor Adrastia discussing the destruction of the sector, and then a secret passage into the Warp Rift under the Chaos Temple allows players to exit. I like showing people the Chaos side when I give a tour because there's just more building potential in that side.

Nemeroth with his staff, and Eliphas the Pirate

I am thinking about expanding both paths, but I am not sure how to go about it currently. It sits in the busiest underground section of the map, so building in any direction will run into another underground complex. This is where the Necklace of Farsight will come in handy.....

I want to give a shoutout to Quadraphinic for placing down the Golden Knight NPCs for me!

Also I want to make a short cinematic video on this section of the map. Let me know if you are interested in helping me with a capture card.
It will consist of shots from the Pit, as well as clips of the Warp Rift and some space ships I have :)
I will need the footage afterwards to add in the sound clips, but I will give the video back so you can upload it to Youtube under your own name and take credit.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Total Minor Update Version 1.92 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Covenant Carrier

Picture 1: A shot of the front of the ship from the front of Hogwarts.
Picture 2: This used to be the main entrance into the ship. Halo 3 portals to the Ark

Some say it couldn't be done. I said it couldn't be done. I guess I was wrong.
I had wanted to do a Halo build, but I couldn't figure out the "what" and "how" answers. I have seen quite a number of Pillar of Autumn builds, so I decided to go for something unique that I hadn't seen before. I tested out building the head of the ship in creative mode to see if it was even possible to build. It was, but I was going to need a lot of scaffolding.

I started out with the head of the ship, and worked my way back. I ran into the same problem as the Star Destroyer, in which I was building the top instead of the bottom of the ship. Soon I had to do more tarzan swinging on ropes to lay down blocks.

The build was much more difficult than the Star Destroyer because it had much more curves. Not only was the neck of the ship getting slimmer then bowing out, but also the top of the ship arched upwards then curved down. It was a nightmare, for single blocks were not sufficient to make the detail required. I got it to work by compromising on some of the curves. The "arms" of the ship that stick out are much longer than the actual carrier's arms. Also the aft of the ship is not to scale, but it does provide a nice "jet engine" look to the back.

I selected snow, because I needed another whitish color for the outside. I used wool to make the Vatican, and solid white to make the Temple of Olympian Zeus. After building, I noticed a soft glow on the ship in the moonlight. It looks terrific!

Picture 1: - "Arbiter. You will journey to the surface of the Ring and retrieve this Sacred Icon."
Picture 2: - "There is still time to stop the key from turning. But first it must be found. Fate had us meet as foes. But this Ring will make us brothers."

Then came in the interior. I made a miniature Chamber of the Hierarchs in the front. Added the Prophets Truth and Mercy. Couldnt decide on a centerpiece so I made a miniature Ring in the middle. Then down the neck of the hallway I added more NPC speeches of the Master Chief and Brutes.
The aft of the ship was the difficult part.
I had originally intended the aft to be a Halo Matchmaking arena, but this presented many problems. I would need to change the difficulty from peaceful to normal to allow PvP. Also this presents the problem of where players spawn. I would need to activate spawning underneath the arena, but then this allows the winners to simply camp the entrances of the arena. Also if people do not want to play PvP, they will still incur damage from falling. Most of my map was designed in peaceful mode, as 99.99999% of the map was played in it. People would die falling to the underground stuff. Also the fact that in dig deep, I have to give people weapons. Another way for griefers to take stuff and leave -_-

So I did away with the idea, and instead turned it into a Flood-infested hive, with the Gravemind sitting with Penitent Tangent and the Prophet of Regret. The flood part didn't come out as much as I would have liked, but this is due to the "blockiness" of the blocks. It's hard to make the place look organic if it's all blocks :P

For those who like finding all of the secrets in the map, the most missed one is a Sgt. Johnson NPC. You must exit the ship onto the top, then go on the side of the ship. There is a secret passage.....

I added underneath by the Flood area pillars from the portal in Africa in Halo 3 Spoiler below shows what I am referring to:
I have also added a mini memorial from the end of Halo 3. It has the inscription similar to the one in the game. The Admiral is present too.

I plant to make an underground portion dedicated to the Didact and the Promethians. Not quite sure how to go about it.
Overall, this was one of the most challenging builds I have completed, but also one of the best. It catches people's eye upon joining, and I am proud to have something so intricate on the map. It is the largest build on the map (beats Hogwarts by a few blocks). I have saved it in a component pack to, and it still rivals my creative builds!

Me riding in the Wraith tank!

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

A shot of the front of Hogwarts. Under construction.

We now arrive at my latest build that is currently in progress. I have been working on it since about August of 2013, and it is still not done yet. Progress is slow because I am waiting for the upside down ramps, stairs, and script blocks to add more detail.

I modeled the castle after the one at Universal Studios: Islands of Adventure. The castle sits atop a large rock, and houses the Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey ride. Best of all, the queue line is a tour of the castle! I carefully looked at the detail put in to Dumbldore's office, the Great Hall, and the Dark Arts classroom. I have put in the spoiler a picture of the castle at Universal Studios, then compare it to the pictures above:

I like looking up at the castle from this angle. Gives a looming presence of how big it is.

Players enter the castle from the same spot as on the ride at Universal, and immediately head into the Great Hall. I modeled the hall to appear tall, but this costed me having to put it slightly underground and off centered.
All of the NPC's speeches have been modified to be rather comical. I borrowed quotes from Harry Potter How It Should Have Ended, Everything Wrong With Harry Potter, and Two Best Friends Play: Harry Potter Kinnect.

Picture 1: - "A school I assure you is safe for children. But there is... a huge killer snake downstairs."
Picture 2: Dumbledore's Office. Has a window players climb out of to get to the top.

I am also totally not biased when it comes to the Houses in Hogwarts. ::) I totally didn't add 1x3 rooms for Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin, but totally didn't give Hufflepuff a lavish room with a jacuzzi, waterfall, fireplace, and Kate Upton ::)

Picture 1: The other three dorms can't even fit a bed in there.
Picture 2: Kate Upton in the jacuzzi. She says she only dates Hufflepuffs  :-*

Hufflepuffs: we ride together, we die together!  8)
I also added a book titled Rise of the Planet of the Hufflepuffs, in which noteworthy Hufflepuff alumni are listed. Notable members include "Shovelface", George Washington, Hugh Hefner, Craig Martin, Winston Churchill, Tom Cruise, etc.... Let me know if you want to be added to the list!

As for more serious builds, I made the girl's bathroom which leads into a rocky underground. Players must use a secret button to open the door, crawl through the sewers, and enter the Chamber of Secrets. It is one of my favorite builds in Hogwarts. I am still trying to think of something witty to make Harry say down there.

I Borrowed the giant face statue from in Poseidon's Falls underneath the Temple of Olympian Zeus. The Basilisk was hard to make, had to port it over into three pieces. And that Cyclonite wasn't cheap :P

Players will exit the Chamber though the statue's mouth, and ride a water elevator up into Hagrid's house, and exit out the side of Hogwarts (another thing people miss when exploring the map.

Not pictured, but I do have a large expanse of the Forbidden Forest underground. It consists of a Voldemort vs Harry Potter duel, Araggog's Hollow, and the Womping Willow tree. Building a realistic forest underground was very difficult, because frankly it was so expensive. It took lots of funds to make the black roof over the forest. The leaves and trunks had to look like one was trapped in a perpetual dark forest.

Also not pictured is a build I have started a few days ago. Diagon Alley will be next to the castle in the corner of the map. It will feature notable buildings from the Diagon Alley at Universal Studios Islands of Adventure. However I have run into some difficulty as to the steepness of the roofs. The blocks are hard to work with. Perhaps upside down ramps and stairs will help mitigate this.
Diagon alley will feature a teleporter that three-ways between Hogwarts, Diagon Alley, and the Forbidden Forest. Ease of travel will ensue. I also might do an underground build for Gringott's. Who knows.

For conclusion, it was been quite a journey over these past couple of years.
What started out as a humble ambition to build a temple made of solid gold, has warped into the coolest video game builds, movie builds, and fantasy that I can think of. Looking back on my constructions, I can see how my skills have increased. What was once simple designs on a temple have been molded into curved buildings, complex undergrounds, more efficient use of colors.
By posting this thread, I am not done with building on this map. It will always be my number one map, that I can be proud to show friends. I have plenty of new builds I want to try, like a 1970s Cylon Basestar, the USG Ishimura, and the Hagia Sophia. The possibilities of underground builds are endless, for even though space on the surface is limited, the underground is an open frontier.

I shall conclude with a quote from Maggie Simpson: "Throughout the ages the finger-painter, the play-do sculptor, the Lincoln-logger stood alone against the day care teacher of her time. She did not live to earn approval stickers, she lived for herself that she might achieve things that are the glory of all humanity."

Build for yourself. Don't build for other's approval, or for other's critique. If you build for yourself, and yourself alone, you will achieve your wildest dreams in Total Miner.

I hope you all enjoyed my 50+ pictures and 8000 word essay! Stay tuned (eventually) for my Star Wars Component Pack thread!

- Dauntless395
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 08:30:03 PM by Dauntless395 »
You make me smile!

Dauntless395

• Legendary Member
  • The Ecchi King
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2014, 08:22:17 PM »
Since the last time I had posted, I have completed the Great Hall, the Goblet of Fire, the school hallway, updated the Hufflepuff room, and Finished the school classrooms. Here are some pictures below:

The Great Hall, front and back. Notice the floating candles I added.

I do like how the school halway came out. When v2.0 came out, I tried a nice combination of upside down ramps and stairs.
Some people say the Goblet of Fire says something if you jump into it. Or don't and chicken out...

Finished the Levitation and Defense Against the Dark Arts classrooms too. The skeleton on the ceiling is supposed to be a dragon, one found on the ceiling of the classroom at Universal Studio's Hogwarts castle queue line.

Pictures that did not make the front page in the spoiler below:
Something a lot of people miss, Hagrid's House off to the sides hidden within the trees.
Dumbledore's Pensieve making use of the notify script.

Just the first page of many in the Rise of the Planet of the Hufflepuffs. I add random names to it every once in a while.

Diagon Alley

Picture 1: A shot from the entrance to Diagon Alley.
Picture 2: A shot from towards the back of Diagon alley, with Honeydukes and The Three Broomsticks in frame.

I have made a separate section for this build because it has become so extensive. While this may not be the true Diagon Alley, I kept the name because I like the sound of it. It is modeled after the buildings in Hogsmeade at Universal Studios Wizarding World of Harry Potter, which is another ironic thing since it's still called Diagon Alley.

I wanted to have a non-linear array of shops, so the path kind of curves behind Hogwarts. I also wanted an extensive selection of shops, wile trying to make them unique.

Picture 1: Respectively, Weasley's Wizarding Wheezes, Olivander's Wand Shop, and Honeyduke's Sweets.
Picture 2: An unknown store, and the Teleportarium.

As of now, the shops available:

- Weasley's Wizarding Wheezes: Four floors of joke shop equipment, will have lots of scripts. Started but unfinished.
- Olivander's Wand Shop: Sells wands. Finished but missing NPC.
- Honeyduke's Sweets: Sells candy and chocolate. Not started.
- Gringott's Wizard Bank: Vault for money and gold. Started but unfinished. Plans to put in a trolley ride of sorts.
- The Three Broomsticks: Restaurant. Finished.
- The Teleportarium: a made up store (I got the name from a Dawn of War game), which teleports one into Hogwarts Castle, and vice versa.
- Hogwarts Express Train
- Butterbeer Stand.
- Unknown shop: most likely will be either the broom shop, a Quidditch shop, or The Leaky Cauldron. Undecided, but open to suggestions.

Shots from both inside and outside The Three Broomsticks.

I tried to model the Three Broomsticks restaurant after the one at Universal Studios, which I have eaten at. The chicken breast/leg platter with corn is pretty good if you ever want to try it. The ceiling of the restaurant is supposed to look like an inn as well, with lofted beds and railings to get up to one's room.

I do really like the drink stand, with the cylinders on top of the crates. I added it in the Palpatine Smokehouse on my Final Frontier map too.

I have run out ideas as to make every store unique, but not look like a giant library either. I am trying not to use bookshelves as the main block, but I cant seem to make them look like stores without. That and I have run low on motivation too.

Picture 1: Gringotts, Hogwarts Express, and the Butterbeer stand.
Picture 2: A shot of both Hogwarts and Diagon Alley together.

The Gates of Hell: Dante's Inferno
- "Abandon Hope All Ye Who Enter"

I modeled the Gates of Hell after Rodin's copy, who made his in the late nineteenth century. Rodin's Gates of Hell
his has over one hundred different figures wailing on his sculpture. So what I did was adapt giant scream faces on the side, as they look grim enough for the Gates, and put a pentagram on top. Made the door slightly ajar for players to walk into.

The plan will be to have an opening that players fall through, which takes them to the first area of Hell, the Shores of Acheron, Charon's Vessel, and Limbo. It will be painstaking work :P.

The trailer for Civilizations has arrived! Link posted below:

« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 04:39:05 PM by Dauntless395 »
You make me smile!

DiamondBack662

• Legendary Member
  • Pauperes commilitones Christi Templique Solomonici
  • Awards 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: DiamondBack662
  • Steam: DiamondBack662
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2014, 08:30:16 PM »
Lovely, builds and pics.. someday I might take time to read all that..

Quadraphinic

• Elite Member
  • Awards Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) Awarded for extraordinary testing services to our game. 2 years on site Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Quadraphinic
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2014, 08:39:43 PM »
For any who haven't visited this map, I suggest you do so, it's one of the best Dig Deep maps I've visited. Love the many and varied builds on here.
Cheers Quad
Assume Nothing, Question Everything, Start Thinking
"The delightful and ever-novel pleasure of a useless occupation." Henri de Regnier
I'm fluent in 3 languages...English, Sarcasm, & Profanity
I do not fear insanity, I rather enjoy it!

EpiiKxReaPz

• Awards Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site 1 year on site Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13)
    • View Profile
    • gyazo
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Stallion83
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2014, 08:43:09 PM »
TL;DR but how long did it take you to write this post? This is a great topic/post. Great map, I would say join this map whenever dauntless is hosting, worth your time. Best DD map out there. Better then Liam's ;)

YoungSykotic182

• Supreme Member
  • The Demi-God giving Cold Sore King
  • Awards 3 years on site Awarded for extraordinary testing services to our game. Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13) Former MotM winners 2 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • @YoungSykotic182
    • Awards
  • Xbox: YoungSykotic182
  • Steam: YoungSykotic182
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2014, 08:47:01 PM »
One of my favorite Dig Deep maps ever. a total of 15 stars were given by myself, my better half, and a friend who also joined us.

Highly recommended. Go see it.

Rikka

• A love where no one gets hurt doesn't exist
  • Awards 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13)
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook page
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Fallen Lymiik
  • PSN: MonsterLymik
  • Steam: Lymiik
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2014, 09:04:34 PM »
thats really good o: i thumbs this up!!

Sig made by me
Steam: Lymiik
Tumblr: http://lymiik.tumblr.com
PSN: MonsterLymik
Battle.net: Lymiik#11710

Nefty

• Supreme Member
  • This Hotel Sucks
  • Awards Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners Former MotM winners 5 years on site 4 years on site 3 years on site 2 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
    • Awards
  • Xbox: MoiraIsEasyPOTG
  • PSN: N/A
  • Steam: OffenderMcGee
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2014, 09:43:52 PM »
You deserve an award for writing that much!

And I feel pretty accomplished for reading all that. Most I have read in awhile.
Miner Of The Month - April 2014

FeAr x SN1P3z

• Elite Member
  • FeAr Inc.
  • Awards 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Batman!
    • Awards
  • Xbox: FeAr x SN1P3z
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2014, 09:59:11 PM »
You deserve an award for writing that much!

And I feel pretty accomplished for reading all that. Most I have read in awhile.
WOTM
NextGenerationBuilder~Challenge
    The Total Miner World Alliance Group~Member
            Sublime Craft Building Team~Member
                         [A.G.E.N.T.S]~Agent.

Jared

• Supreme Member
  • |Trivia & Maze Designer| |Previous TMF Tester|
  • Awards 3 years on site 4 years on site Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 2 years on site Former MotM winners 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Jeff McNewmen
  • PSN: Jeff_McNewmen
  • Steam: Jeff McNewmen
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2014, 11:00:57 PM »
Very well impressed Daunt. The amount of time and effort to just support every single detail and background story on its own makes me want to pray for your fingers due to the amount of typing you had the honor to do! On the plus side it's an excellent and creative way to work out your flanges ;)

I was also in that map a few weeks ago and I was astonished on the amount of time, effort, dedication, and participation in this map. I was going to do my own NPC at spawn but may have forgotten due to the amount of amazing builds and even the small Easter Eggs and small quests. Very well done and defiantly one of the best Dig Deep Worlds ever created! 

The White Rabbit

• Legendary Member
  • Are you a solo builder too?
  • Awards 2 years on site Former MotM winners 1 year on site Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Nobodies56
  • PSN: A_Blessed_Potato
  • Steam: Ray
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2014, 05:10:39 AM »
An absolute gem in the rough compared to almost all dig deeps this is one of my all time favourites only recently joined it and didn't even know the builds go down to hell... will need to rejoin this map very soon :D

Thanks GK for the new sig it looks great!

You may be able to teach a chimp to dance, but will he dance for your tune?

Shorts the Environmentalist

• Supreme Member
  • I like to do graphics!
  • Awards 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Shortpants128
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2014, 10:16:05 PM »
IT! EVEN! HAS! A! STARGATE!
I'm an Architect

Dauntless395

• Legendary Member
  • The Ecchi King
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2014, 11:18:06 AM »
IT! EVEN! HAS! A! STARGATE!

It has four 8)

There's the Earth Stargate in the SGC, the surface one, Hell 1's, and Hell 2's. At first it was just teleporters to take you down under, but I modified them to look like the surface one.
You make me smile!