Author Topic:  Lag and Underground  (Read 222 times)

Kinetic plasma

• TOO MANY DEATHMINES... AGHHHHHHH!
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Lag and Underground
« on: July 11, 2018, 10:25:57 AM »
I have a world where I cleared a large space underground and blocked the games day light and put buildings underground with sun blocks. I also have buildings on the surface above the underground buildings. Ever since I added the underground part to my map I've been getting a lot more a bad lag spikes. Is my game lagging because of the underground part of my map? If s, is it possible I can reduce the lag spikes by filling underground back with grass and pretend like I never messed with clearing space underground? How effective would it be? Note this is happening to me on the xbox360, not the PC.
Started Total Miner 8/25/11
Top score in Total Rush Robotic contest 9/8/16
4th person to unlock the Demigod 11/27/16
Expert Builder
Beginner Scripter
Challenge map builder

Jaz

• Supreme Member
  • - Jaz
  • Awards 5 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) Awarded to exemplary forum members Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners 4 years on site 3 years on site 2 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • The Useless Web
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Jaz the MAN 2
  • PSN: Jaz_the_MAN_2
  • Steam: Jaz the MAN 2
Re: Lag and Underground
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2018, 07:46:24 PM »
The more block faces that are able to be seen, the more stress you're putting on the game as it needs to render such. It is recommended to fill up any spaces where players will not see and have no useless block faces showing, if your area under the map is as big as I imagine then filling it should help in some form - This was a big issue in the 360 version of the game.

Stoneart

• "There's always time to get your block's off"
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Discord link to my game (Coven)
    • Awards
  • Xbox: stoneart
  • PSN: Xx_Phoenix_Down_xX
Re: Lag and Underground
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2018, 01:43:27 AM »
Also the amount of Sun Blocks being used could be causing this. Not sure How many you have placed in total.