Author Topic: [Other] World showcase competition.  (Read 427 times)

Fuertey

• Elite Member
  • Keyboard not found. Press F1 to continue.
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site 4 years on site 3 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Fuertey
  • Steam: Fuertey
[Other] World showcase competition.
« on: May 01, 2018, 05:57:21 AM »
Hola, with multiplayer getting closer (no release date yet though) I am looking for a world to set up as a demo server once it's implemented.

Whichever world I choose, the creator will get free server hosting for a world of his choosing once we have multiplayer.

The world should be of a decent size and will be used only as a showcase so no permissions will be granted. To anyone. The bigger the better and ideally it should be populated. And by that I mean as many buildings, npcs etc... as possible. Think of it as a system world but on a much bigger scale. Ideally 1024x1024 but if the quality is good, less will be considered.

Submissions can start right away and will be closed upon multiplayer release or 24 hours before if it's pre-announced.

Upload your world to Google Drive, Dropbox etc... and pm me a link to it. If there's multiple contenders then I will create a poll and let the community choose.

Thanks, and have fun. Any questions are welcome.

Forgeplex

• Owner of Forgeplex.
    • View Profile
    • Forgeplex Website (Released Website)
    • Awards
  • Steam: masterbroofficial
Re: World showcase competition.
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2018, 10:01:30 AM »
Nice idea but I don't need that because I'm just gonna host whenever I can. :) Daily mostly.
Forgeplex has been revived! See ya soon!
Forgeplex Progress is increasing!
My Twitter: twitter.com/MBroOfficial
The official owner of Forgeplex!
The official Discord: discord.gg/WqYS2mD

Trubtavium Recordsmith VII

• Supreme Member
  • Do you wanna see the Galaxy?
  • Awards Former MotM winners Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13) 5 years on site 4 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 3 years on site 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Trubstep Record
  • Steam: Trubstep_Record
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2018, 04:35:54 PM »
Nice idea but I don't need that because I'm just gonna host whenever I can. :) Daily mostly.

Fuertey owns a few proper servers. Meaning that you'll get 24/7 hosting on something that is equivalent to what a lot of people pay for to host Minecraft servers. Suffice it to say, but Fuertey hosting a server is more than likely going to be able to support more players than almost anybody's home internet connection.

Edit: Also, why post something that won't apply to this post if you're not submitting in the first place?

Fuertey

• Elite Member
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site 4 years on site 3 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2018, 02:29:46 PM »
Fuertey owns a few proper servers. Meaning that you'll get 24/7 hosting on something that is equivalent to what a lot of people pay for to host Minecraft servers. Suffice it to say, but Fuertey hosting a server is more than likely going to be able to support more players than almost anybody's home internet connection.

9 To be precise. All in either Finland or Germany. Looking to add US and UK but there doesn't seem to be much demand for it.

All are set up for Web Hosting, Virtual Private Servers & Gameservers and each have Gigabit connections:

Finland:

Germany:

Fuertey

• Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2018, 08:15:53 PM »
Added a US server for those in the US that would want something a little closer to home:

Lord Leo

• Legendary Member
  • Aka Cat
  • Awards 2 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Circle cat113
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2018, 03:10:17 PM »
1. Awesome servers.
2. Is a pixel art map okay? as you did say "showcase" id assume so.

Fuertey

• Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2018, 04:37:03 PM »
I'd prefer a map with the majority being buildings but feel free to make one and send it me. I'll happily consider it.