Author Topic: [Unanswered] couple npc questions  (Read 243 times)

.ok

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 4 years on site Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site 2 years on site Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
[Unanswered] couple npc questions
« on: April 10, 2018, 10:35:10 PM »
dk if i was supposed to add this to bug reports for the 1st question and as an idea for the 2nd question,but:

is there a way, if using the statue(or stationary...not sure if its different) behavior, can you change the direction that they're looking? i tried to change the direction that it was facing,but it keeps defaulting to west

then also: is there a way to get the old npc dialogue screen via scripts?or through the block?I'm pretty sure there isn't any more being the new system is superior to the older one...but even with the new system, the older pop up dialogue screen was still cool or unique,and i know there's books, just something about the old npc text was pretty cool.if its not in TM anymore,is there a reason in why it isn't in?excluding the reason of the new system being in place,but also..i have lots of npcs on my map in the spawn...allot of them were in the spawn area with either info about the map,and then where people left map reviews,but now that the new system is in p lace, all of the npcs when i 1st loaded my map onto PC were all over the place,and the whole idea behind the reviews on the older system that was a pretty cool/important-ish part of the spawn is now irrelevant....unless there's still a way to use the older dialogue,then everything i just said is void,but again I'm sure its now gone

if it is,is there a possibility that it could be added back into tmf?even though we have the new system,it could still be an option for those who want to use it

Jesse

• Extreme Member
  • Retired TM Youtuber
  • Awards Top contributors to the forum downloads. Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Former MotM winners 5 years on site 4 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site 2 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Old Channel
    • Awards
  • Xbox: YT Mysterio
  • PSN: YT_Mysterio
  • Steam: YT Mysterio
Re: couple npc questions
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2018, 12:54:03 AM »
Statue is believed just face able one way unsure. all though i would like that to be fixed.

However stationary is same as statue but they stare in what ever direction you are standing in so it is always facing you.

As for the old system i believe Craig stated somewhere the behavior system is the way to go on getting that not sure how though.

/mm August 15th 2018 /mm
/mm MotM September '14 /mm
/mm Robo February '15 /mm
/mm 4th Demi Gods December '16 /mm
/mm YouTube: Mythical Monkey /mm

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
  • Awards Developer 5 years on site 4 years on site 3 years on site 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Awards
  • Steam: tota1miner
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2018, 05:27:01 AM »
Yes that's right, the Stationary behaviour causes the NPC to be stationary (not move around), but it will turn to face the closest player. The Statue behaviour causes the NPC to be stationary and not look around either, i.e. face a fixed direction, but I think it might not work properly or at least it needs a way to define exactly what direction.

I don't plan on bringing back the old speech bubble, but the NPC dialog is still a work in progress, so some changes will likely still happen. Particularly around wanting NPC's to show large bodies of text.

Jesse

• Extreme Member
  • Retired TM Youtuber
  • Awards Top contributors to the forum downloads. Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Former MotM winners 5 years on site 4 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site 2 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Old Channel
    • Awards
  • Xbox: YT Mysterio
  • PSN: YT_Mysterio
  • Steam: YT Mysterio
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2018, 01:03:14 PM »
Yes that's right, the Stationary behaviour causes the NPC to be stationary (not move around), but it will turn to face the closest player. The Statue behaviour causes the NPC to be stationary and not look around either, i.e. face a fixed direction, but I think it might not work properly or at least it needs a way to define exactly what direction.

I don't plan on bringing back the old speech bubble, but the NPC dialog is still a work in progress, so some changes will likely still happen. Particularly around wanting NPC's to show large bodies of text.
makes sense, We should allow the ability not to show text for schematic type videos. As it becomes annoying when the text always shows.

/mm August 15th 2018 /mm
/mm MotM September '14 /mm
/mm Robo February '15 /mm
/mm 4th Demi Gods December '16 /mm
/mm YouTube: Mythical Monkey /mm