Author Topic: [WIP] TMF:MP [Multiplayer Mod]  (Read 3900 times)

Fuertey

• Elite Member
  • Keyboard not found. Press F1 to continue.
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site 4 years on site 3 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Fuertey
  • Steam: Fuertey
[WIP] Re: TMF:MP [Multiplayer Mod]
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2018, 09:28:36 AM »
Anybody have any ideas?

Be patient and wait for a legitimate multiplayer addition instead of a mod.

Seeing as this mod is a viable option and is even recommended by Studio Forge on the
game's news feed on Steam as a stop-gap until the official MP release then why wouldn't I want to get it working?

You answered your own question there. It's not an offical MP solution so therefore it isn't guaranteed to work. As you've found out.

scottmu65

• =) Hi There!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: ScottMU
Re: TMF:MP [Multiplayer Mod]
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2018, 10:46:00 AM »
You answered your own question there. It's not an offical MP solution so therefore it isn't guaranteed to work. As you've found out.

How is saying the mod isn't official answering my own question exactly? It's obviously not official but it has been suggested as a viable option on the games update feed.

https://steamcommunity.com/games/347600/announcements/detail/1673522637786661594

I merely wanted to know if anybody else has had similar issues with it and if there is a way to fix it.

It's clearly working for other people as It is is showing that other players are hosting worlds. I'm not here to debate whether or not the mod is worth using, the fact remains that it obviously does work to a certain extent but I've either done something wrong or something is stopping me from joining worlds and just wanted some advice.

Telling people to simply not bother trying isn't helpful. It's completely off-point.
GT: ScottMU

Host of Castle Crusade Challenge World and soon to host The Colosseum and Cave Crusade Adventure Challenge!

Fuertey

• Elite Member
  • Keyboard not found. Press F1 to continue.
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site 4 years on site 3 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Fuertey
  • Steam: Fuertey
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2018, 10:50:35 AM »
No one is saying don't bother. They're saying that any mods (not just the mp mod) not supported offically by Total Miner may not work. Especially after any updates. And that waiting for an offical solution would be a better idea.

You're welcome to keep trying to get the mod to work but you are asking the wrong people. Total Miner didn't make the mod so therefore are not responsible for it or obligated to get it working for you. Your issues are better directed to the mod creator and not Total Miner.

scottmu65

• =) Hi There!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: ScottMU
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2018, 10:56:09 AM »
No one is saying don't bother. They're saying that any mods (not just the mp mod) not supported offically by Total Miner may not work. Especially after any updates. And that waiting for an offical solution would be a better idea.

You're welcome to keep trying to get the mod to work but you are asking the wrong people. Total Miner didn't make the mod so therefore are not responsible for it or obligated to get it working for you. Your issues are better directed to the mod creator and not Total Miner.

I'm not assuming anybody is obligated to do anything,  nor did I direct my question at 'Total Miner', I'm not even sure what you even mean by that, i posted a reply within the discussion forums, not PMing Craig about it.

I was directing it at users who have gotten the mod working correctly by posting my question on the mods forum thread. I've no idea where you got the idea that I'm holding the game itself accountable for a third party mod

I'm not fishing for an argument either btw.
GT: ScottMU

Host of Castle Crusade Challenge World and soon to host The Colosseum and Cave Crusade Adventure Challenge!

JAZZ 0R KILLER

• YT - Solo Crew
  • Awards Top contributors to the forum downloads.
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
    • Awards
  • Xbox: JAZZ 0R KILLER
« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2018, 09:21:22 PM »
Im with scottmu65 on this one, all I get is "Connecting to server" with this mod. I'm supper happy I got it installed right, and also I owe credit to scottmu65, as his solution fixed my game, so thank you @scottmu65!

Uninstalling everything from Total Miner, and then restarting my computer fixed everything.
Look at you being all cool!

JAZZ 0R KILLER

• YT - Solo Crew
  • Awards Top contributors to the forum downloads.
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
    • Awards
  • Xbox: JAZZ 0R KILLER
« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2018, 10:22:36 PM »
My friend just downloaded this mod, and when he goes into the folder of PikNet, it shows the files, but on the "Localdata.txt", the file shows is just named "Localdata", and when he loads the game, and selects network, it says "No mods"
Look at you being all cool!